GT Sport Season 15 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Hatfield
    Does "[Start race on qualifying tyre]" apply to all round or just the sprint round? If no, are pits open during quali?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hmm yes pits should be closed during qualifying because you start on your qualifying tyre
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
  4. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Please make sure you send me a PSN friend request so you can see the room tomorrow.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    All. I will be absent for this round unfortunately, was looking forward to the start of season
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 1
    Qualification

[​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Timings
    [​IMG]
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Anders you are supposed to be in div 4... did you want to be in div 3?
  8. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    He definitely has the pace for div 3
    T F Eccles and kiwinado like this.
  9. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Good first race for myself this week - kicked of Qualifying in 12th after not being able to string together a decent fast paced lap, so knew I had a bit of work ahead of me to make any placings.

Kicked off on Mediums and kept my pace gaining a few spots by the time I went in for Fresh softs about lap 13. Pushed hard on my softs and at one point gaining all the way to 3rd right behind the leaders - then went in for another fresh set of mediums with about 9 to go. Luckily I had planned my fuel usage correctly and didn't need to top up, and came out of the pits in 4th with the top 2 quite a way in front, 3rd place about 3 seconds ahead.

Managed to get the best out of the mediums with low gas and got myself into 3rd position. Was catching up to 2nd (slarty) in the final stint, but was slightly held up by a lapped car (it wasn't much, just about 0.5-1.0 seconds or so - no problem), and finished the race about 1.2 behind 2nd. From 2nd to last in qualifying to 3rd was a pretty mission - luckily I kept my cool, and didn't come off.

Thanks for a nice clean race for the guys I came across, was an enjoyable night - looking forward to the next race.

See you then guys
  10. kiwinado

kiwinado Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    That's a race I'd like to forget. Sitting comfortably in the top 3 for 22 laps, being very consistent and looking after my tyres. Then it all turned sour, touched the dirt out of turn 1 and it was all over, mentally broke and made countless mistakes after that. Even managed to bin it out of the final corner and forced myself to do another pit stop LOL! Well done to the podium, some good battles throughout. Onto the next one.
  11. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A tale of what might have been for me. Qualified 7th on the mediums, got myself up to 5th mid lap 2 and hung onto the leading 4 who were on softs. But, as I got into the groove, the concentration slipped, under braked into turn 3, slightly off into the dirt, caught but as it came back onto the road the rear snapped and flicked me off the other side. Solid 5th, back to dead last.

Got my head down and worked my way back up to 6th, and this time caught out by the dreaded nick of the edge of the track out of turn 1 (this is where I think GT's physics are suspect, @doodah27 had a similar off and looking closely on the replay you can see his was not actually off track yet it spat is rear end around).

Head down again, stuck to one stop strategy and brought home in 7th, where I started.
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  12. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Totally stuffed the start, so instantly changed strat to go hard or go home. Ran tyres till they burnt and fuel is cheap. Great to see you Mr Ex.
  13. kiwinado

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    Bit of a wrap up of my race. Some good, some NOT so good lol, tried to make it a bit of fun.
  14. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Must be the only guy that crossed the entry lines at the pit. :)
    kiwinado likes this.
  15. kiwinado

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    And probably the only one to do a two stop :unsure:
  16. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Idone 2.
    Xtr3meNZer and kiwinado like this.
  17. kiwinado

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    I stand corrected. Mine didn't work out too well as a strat turns out.
  18. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Staying on the black bit was my main strat, all else was make it up as you go. Video was ace tho.
    kiwinado likes this.
  19. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Haha, love it! Great video. "in in in in in in":roflmao:
    kiwinado likes this.
  20. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    Great compilation was fun to watch and yep, shared the same pain in the Div 4 race with dust, sand, rocks and a fence line .. :):roflmao::D
    kiwinado likes this.