GT Sport Season 15 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI to all, Pits are closed during qualifying
  2. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    he guys i just need to make sure i’m psn friends with the host.
    is that robyn. what is your psn i’d. thank you
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Yep
    PSN ID rae1982

It's a good idea to send friend requests to everyone in your division ... and to as many other Rooz members as you can as it opens up more friends only practice rooms for you
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  4. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    just sent you fr
  5. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    Well done all. Great racing and great night. Only wish I had some dirt tyres on lol
    Max Gassit, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  6. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    Qualify
    [​IMG]
    Total Time 1
    [​IMG]
    Total time 2
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps 1
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps 2
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  7. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Felt really good in practice and qualifying. Rewarded for effort with 2nd on the grid and managed to stay there from the start, with some good pressure from a few guys behind. I pitted first but made a mistake on the same lap @Blunty075 pitted, otherwise I might have actually jumped him into the lead. I had a huge off at the last turn and dropped down to about 8th so I thought I'd chuck on some fresh tyres and go for fastest laps. Accidentally selected softs so parked up instead.

Really disappointed in myself - it's been a tough couple of seasons in Div 3 and to finally be competitive in Div 4 was great but I threw it all away. Congrats to podium, I'm a 50/50 chance of making the next round but will let you know.
  8. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Well done mate, don't beat yourself up about the tyres, it's a really easy f-up and you are a good honest fella. Keep going mate, you are more than good enough!

@Blunty075 well done, a faultless drive from my view. Just couldn't hold myself together; too many offs.
    Well done
  9. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    An accidental pit stop on lap 1 was certainly not planned for. Apparently my pre-race mantra of "don't touch the dirt, don't touch the dirt, don't touch the dirt....." had little impact. However it did make for an interesting race. Had a few good little battles on my back though the field which was fun. But there was no way I was going to catch Blunty. He was in a league of his own.
  10. BigLesGaming

BigLesGaming New Recruit

thanks for the race last night. had a poor run myself but its good to be back. congratulations to the winners. thanks @Hatfield for the quick Bang visit. looking forward to round 2
    Hatfield and Peersy like this.
  11. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    14 to 6th in the first stint then went deep off track.
    Happy with 8th.
    I really dislick that track so bring on round 2
    Peersy likes this.
  12. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Congrats to the podium. I am happy. QUAL 13th on med. finished 4th. 21med/15 soft. The driving was clean all around wherever i was, well done all, it’s nice to see. It’s a cracker of a track with people spitting of the track all over the place on numerous occasions. I spent a fair bit of time going oh :):):):), crack up, oh :):):):), crack up. Room was well run (thanks for that Rob) we can all do bang laps next race off the walls. :sick::roflmao: C Ya then
  13. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Hi all ... great start to the season... clean and close scraps... to which blunty was oblivious to way up at the front :).

Very unforgiving track, as I found out at the back end of the race, when i speared off very confidently into the sand bank and was lost quite thoroughly for a while... but very happy with podium finish at the end...
    Peersy likes this.
  14. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    You did well mate, a very good result
    Blunty drove really hard and gave us all a shlacking....actually would have qualified 2nd in div 3 and won the div 3 race. Certainly a league above this room.
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Xtr3meNZer and webnomad like this.
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Last race was a total disaster, parasite of a track.
    Was going to use this week as a drop round but the poor showing at willow may swing my mind to race here.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There is no round this weekend.
  17. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    :whistling: would of been awkward
  18. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Thanks mate, but a lot of drivers went off and made other mistakes. I also started on sorts and was able to get away from the majority of the field who started on mediums. I don't think I'll be doing the same next round.
    Beats143 likes this.
  19. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Looking at the fastest laps, forgetting to change to RS really dropped me down the list. :).
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop - 22 Laps - 18:00 Sunny - 16/5[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 15!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE AND PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress. Because of the walls here, all it takes is someone ahead to tap the wall on exit and this will cause a chain reaction. Please be patient and try to keep calm when this occurs. Some will lose spots and others will gain, so it will be luck of the draw.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The main difference here is that we will use the walls as the limits, which means especially through the container section T2-5 you can ignore the ripple strips. Do not wall ride.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Racing Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Racing Softs (not mandatory - 1 set ONLY)

PIT ENTRY : Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected). The entry lane runs off the left hand side of the hairpin T11. If you do not attempt to use the lane, and cut in from the hairpin, you will be penalised.

PIT EXIT : Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching out of the hairpin. Be careful when exiting that you don't move across the track impeding incoming cars. For cars coming out of the hairpin, please give room to drivers as they exit the pits.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

(a BANG LAP will show an ideal pitstop later in the week)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
    webnomad, shane, Ben Campbell and 7 others like this.