GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Your just giving two alternatives at either end of the scale. Nobody has said zero tyre wear.
    There is a happy medium in the middle.
    I do not think it is authentic racing to have to conserve tyres rather than genuinely race.
    It is also not genuine to have tyres deteriorate virtually lap by lap, having to continually adjusting brake points etc, it is hard to find rhythm.
    Lap speeds do not drop off in "real racing" at the %rate we are using, or is the difference in lap speeds from fastest to lap before pitting so large.
    We are being forced to drive on rims because of specs.
    groover33 likes this.
  2. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    An outright sprint round where tyre wear doesn't come into it is authentic. They are not endurances and shouldn't be treated as such. Speeding up the tyre wear to promote strategy in a 45 minute race is the wrong methodology IMO.
    This is exactly why I struggle with this format. You can't be consistent because you don't know what the tyres will do next. It's hard to constantly adjust.
    groover33 likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    No, but having the wear rates the same / similar each season is wrong. Variety is the spice of life. Plus it gives us all something to complain about*, erm I mean to discuss civilly :D
    gtkingx likes this.
  4. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Haha funny. You can't adjust the tyre wear season to season in real life. Do you hear drivers complaining about that? No!
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Variety comes from, tracks chosen, car chosen and compound of tyre.
    Varying tyre wear rates to the point controller drivers and less skilled drivers are struggling is I think pointless. ROOZ season racing never did this until FIA tyre rate influence. We had two midweek series with high tyre wear, so it has been utilised. Season racing used to be on x1 for my 1st 3yrs, still had strat, still had tyre management, through smart specs.
    groover33 likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes you can. You have the tyre manufacturer create a compound that wears faster or doesn't have as much compound to begin with so that it doesn't last the whole race. F1 does this, Supercars have done it. F1 is even madating you start on your quali tyres.
    Drivers and teams have complained about it but on the whole they just get on with it.
    gtkingx likes this.
  7. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    But they don't lose 3 seconds worth of lap time over 25 minutes
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    No matter what we do, people will complain. Simply can't please everyone. Run low wear, there's no strategy so people without outright pace drop off. Other end of the spectrum and controller guys who can't save tyres disappear. There isn't a happy medium, if there was we'd have found it by now.

The discussion is always good though
    UrsineSaturn9 and Rangeraus like this.
  9. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Well if you can't please everyone you can at least give them choice. We should have a bi-weekly endurance league (races 1 hour 30 to 2 hours long) and a weekly sprint series (25 to 45 minutes). I think that would go a long way to pleasing as many people as possible. If not maybe we should re-jig the format completely...
    Darren Day likes this.
  10. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I feel like this thread is snowballing beyond race discussion and minor suggestions
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I love long long fast and flowing corners, I love Big Willow (despite some cruel things happening to me there), I love beating Johnno. I love lower powered predictable cars with mild corner entry oversteer.
    I hate chicanes, I hate high down force unpredictable cars, I hate losing to Johnno, I don't like spearing off into the weeds at Big Willow.
    If you can build next season around that I would be most pleased.:)
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    ^This

Oh and with high tyre wear too :D

Since I've been with Rooz :

Season 9 - Ferrari GR4 - loved it, perfectly suited to my lack of skills and good track selection
    Season 10 - SF19 - hated it, pulled out pre season as i can't race in cars like that
    Season 11 - that silly Renault? GR X car that loved to spin for no reason at all. hated it, pulled out mid season
    Season 12 - Mazda MX5 - loved it although i wasn't a fan of all the short tracks. Dealt with the tracks and raced the whole season. Was an enjoyable season
    Season 13 - Nissan GR2 - hated it, too fast for me, too fine a line between going fast round a corner and facing the wrong way. Too much skill required. Raced most of the season, can't say I enjoyed it all that much
    Season 14 - Nissan R32 - wasn't a fan, even though this was a car that should have suited me, the handling was just weird and didn't suit me. Raced most of the season but gave up on the last couple of races. Might have enjoyed it more in a lower division
    Season 15 - Finally another season that is perfect for me, great car and great track selection :) :) :)

You can't please everyone, every season
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The groundwork to set up an endurance series like that is immense, just ask @JonoStan96 or @Viperzed.
  15. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
    Peersy likes this.
  16. ScottPye20

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    It's only hard when you want to balance the cars and drivers. If the series is run like a standard ROOZ event, it wouldn't be that hard. But what do I know?
  17. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    When Jono was running the W.E.T. properly, 1 enduro a month was getting a bit much. I love an enduro as much as the next guy, but dwindling grids would be apparent by the 3rd round if i had to guess. Great idea, just difficult to execute, even if the cars are the same
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Bawhaha!!
    That street goes both ways ;)
    emmo46 and Hatfield like this.
  19. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Watched the replay of the race 2 Sardegna. For those that are familiar with ACC, can you imagine how many cars would have faced lengthy pit stops at the end of the lap? GTsport is far from being a simulator. It breeds the mentality of being able to get away with some really questionable driving. We are all capable of poor decisions, some more so and more often than others. Great racing happens when you can trust those around you.
    Hopefully I can rejoin the chaos this next round.
    groover33 likes this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Something like this from memory
    Hatfield and gtkingx like this.