Fanatec Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 version

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Spidey_11, Oct 16, 2017.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I've had my csl elite for a while now and today the downshift (L1) has stopped working. Pulled it apart and noticed one of the shift buttons on the circuit board clicks and the other doesn't. It the L1 side that clicks. Has anyone fixed a failed downshift and if so what did you do
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Apparently it's a top wheel, there were issues with the v1 having down shifts not working and pins breaking in the quick release but they're all fixed in V2. If I didn't have a Formula rim I'd buy one of the McLaren's. Are you sure the P1 rim can't be fixed?
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the first time i pulled it to bits the little rod that the gear lever presses against the metal button on the board was dodgy so i turned it around and it worked for another year or so. I can't see anything that is obviously broken this time except that the raised metal buttons the rods push on make different noises. i guess i could send it back for repairs but wonder if its worth it. might look into it after i get the mclaren wheel so i have a spare/rally/wreckfest wheel
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If it's a PCB mounted microswitch they're super cheap to buy at places like Altronics, and relatively easy to replace with a soldering iron. If warranty period expired and you're looking at buying another wheel anyway sounds like there's nothing to loose by having a crack.

I successfully replaced one in my G25 years ago.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    doesn't look like a microswitch that i'm familiar with. just looks like a metal diamond about an inch per side. on of them clicks and one doesn't. i'll put a photo up next time i pull it apart and hopefully someone will know the name of it so i can order two