GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Slow Johnno! Lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bang reminds you politely and calmly not to cut the pit exit line (and does a lap)
    UrsineSaturn9, Matthyus and gtkingx like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In qualifying @gtkingx 's last lap was enough to pip me by a small margin but this meant I had an inside line into T1.

I got a better start than gtking and made the pass. @Rangeraus on the mediums split us soon after which allowed me to build a small gap.
    Once gt got back passed ranger, he chased me down and we had minor contact at spoon that he redressed, but that only gave me respite for another couple of laps before he made the pass at the exit of spoon. I tried to stay with him and pitted on the same lap, but once on the mediums the gap just grew slowly lap after lap.
    @UrsineSaturn9 was with us but coming out of the pits @Max Gassit ended up between us and that cost him a few seconds.

Congratulations on the championship @gtkingx !
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah congrats @gtkingx

Happy I didn't bin it, but I need to learn to get better at that last chicane as was loosing about 3 tenths there each lap
    Matthyus and gtkingx like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Too many errors cost me a top 5 finish.
    Degnar and Spoon..
    @emmo may have pulled to far away in our battle for me to pull you back in.
    GT was flawless once again. Showing what is possible with practice.
    Hatfield, UrsineSaturn9 and gtkingx like this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I qualified 11th, last of the soft tyre qualifiers and just a tad behind Johnno. I held position from the start and was falling a little back from Johnno for the first 1/2 dozen laps or so. Just about the time I would start to edge up on Johnno, Disco who was one place a head ran wide at turn 1 and came back on between Johnno and me. He held me up a little and it took a while for me to find a way through and Johnno had opened a gap. I caught johnno a little while later but couldn't find a way through and Disco was starting to close in on us. I then gave Johnno a little unintentional touch at spoon and he ran wide, redressing that let disco through again and he powered off into the future not the be seen again until the end the race. I couldn't find a way by Johnno and eventually had to do a compromising pass at 130R to get by.
    I ran a lap too long on the worn softs and Johnno who had pitted earlier was ahead again. After all the stops Groover and Old timer rounded me up on their new softs and there was nothing I could do to prevent them passing. After a while Johnno ran wide at Degner 2 and I go by him and from then on just held position trying to catch back up with groover and open a gap to Johnno. After a while Johnno disappeared from view and I had BananaJosh slowly reeling me in on his softs.
    Disco made an error late in the race and was now just ahead of groover and try as I might I couldn't gain on them.
    I always take note of where I would finish in div 3 with my race time and it would have been second, interestingly I would have only been third in div 4 :confused:.
    gtkingx, Peersy and Matthyus like this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It wasn't great was it :(
    This was my spoon off.
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, wasn't pretty but it was the only place I could terrify you enough to let me pass. You didn't seem to want me to pass you. ;)
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I do not know why....:D:whistling:
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    I made this early on in the season and almost forgot to post it!
    I don't have a handbrake which limits entries a fair bit (the circle button is no good when most of the time the wheel is upside down), and it ended up being about 5 minutes too long, but if you're interested in the Porsche drifting the tracks from this season, have a look :)
  12. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Well that’s gotta put a smile on anyone’s face. Good stuff, thanks for posting it.
    Mike--ekiM and gtkingx like this.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    For those who may have missed it, Indulge yourself in mediocrity.
  14. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Felt like my pace was okay if not outstanding. In hindsight it probably would have been quicker to stop for soft tyres instead of zero-stopping on the mediums. Oh well, onto the final round!
  15. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Great work Sir, no mediocrity to be seen or heard. :thumbsup:
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Tokyo Drift - I like it! Kinda explains why you're kicking butt in Dirt Rally 2 :alien:
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Is anyone affected by State of Origin being on Sunday night?
  18. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    No, I was overlooked for selection once again :(
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    driving the camera drone?
    gtkingx likes this.
  20. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    The people driving these cars are paraplegics so they still have normal upper body strength. They don't have a muscle-wasting condition like I do so they aren't as limited in their abilities. They can hold a steering wheel and turn it for more than 5 minutes.
    gtkingx and UrsineSaturn9 like this.