GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz 2 Hours of Interlagos

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, May 20, 2021.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wow what an event! Had my work cut out for me sorting out liveries and doing the BOP testing late into the wee hours of this morning, Unfortunately everyone I was trying to BOP for is much quicker than me lol. The race itself was tough, Had a very slow start having not driven a GT3 car on the wheel for a long long time but found my feet after I committed to the one stop. Had good fun scrapping with @RidwanF1 and @Hatfield late into the race and then grabbed @Rangeraus on the final lap to finish just inside the top 10. Thanks to everyone who assisted with BOP, Mainly @MINT_GTR and @KeedenMcdonald and Congratulations to both Keeden and @Darren Day who grabbed wins in their rooms!
    razor4797, RidwanF1, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  2. Darren Day

Darren Day Rookie

PSN ID
    Old_timer05
    Thx @Viperzed for putting on a fantastic event. I cannot fathom how many hours you put into organising this. It was really appreciated. Started in p3 (loved the start process!) and settled into a rythym for the first few laps until disco in 4th started to get racey which made me decide to push. Once I took the lead I continued to push and widen the gap. Pre race I decided a one stop would be my strategy if I could look after tyres which I was able to do. A fairly uneventful race, really just managing the gap and my own concentration levels. My first ROOZ win so very happy.
    Viperzed, gtkingx, razor4797 and 4 others like this.
  3. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    In 'Breaking News' one week out from the start of the season, the Wilson pit team has been sacked ! After a good start managing to stay with the top 4 and battling my way to 2nd. My one stop strategy was looking good. Enter the pits and half race time change tyres and the pit crew send me out without fuel. I come out 5th. I try to overcome this disaster by pushing on the new softs and low fuel running down the last 7 laps of fuel I had. Then pitting again. Made my way through a few quality drivers to finish 2nd. Very happy with the final result. Congrats to Darren and we'll done to Viperzed and the team for coming up with a very enjoyable event. Also thanks to Peersy for managing the room
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  4. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    I have to say that was a quality event of endurance, and all drove very well.. I did not see one incident or spin in my travels.
    Well done Viperzed for the organisation and supply of Livery.
    Well done Peersy for room setup

Would love to see more of these....
  5. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    And of course, it would be reticent of myself not to congratulate oldtimer05 on his first place, and his support team in second and third, being stew and greasy
  6. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Compared to the previous 2 hour race at the Red Bull Ring this one was bad. I was off the lead lap, 30 seconds behind the next car and dead last. I only made positions when people pitted. I didn't make a single on track overtake and couldn't make the strategy work. It was boring. That's what I absolutely hate about this game, it's SOO predictable. You never have unscheduled pitstops and people can't damage out or DNF unless they disconnect or leave intentionally. What chance do I have? If you have pace, you will win and you don't, you'll lose. Racing isn't always that simple and I'm sick of pretending it is. Being consistent, staying on the track and managing tyres can lead to good results but it doesn't work here. Being the slowest car I should be able to get better fuel mileage and less tyre wear but no, it's worse in both circumstances. I'm done with this game because I don't see anything changing and I feel like it's treating me unfairly. ACC gives me such an authentic experience and I genuinely feel like a racing driver, where my knowledge can come to the fore and I can race the car how I want. It can be brutal but my god is it rewarding. GT Sport is not rewarding. It is confusing, illogical, senseless and unfulfilling. I can't be bothered.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Not a great race personally, but the first half hour was a lot of fun. Could have been a little higher but one mistake and some unlucky positioning cost me track position and time.
    Courtesy of @Viperzed I was kitted up in a bright yellow Bega livery, and boy did the car feel like cheese.
    Last few events I’ve had decent or better qualifying pace, but I just can’t convert it over a race distance. Tyre management is definitely an issue that I need to work on.
    As I always say, I’m consistently sh!t. Most of my lap times were within 3-4 tenths of one another with the gradual slide of pace throughout a stint, but those consistent times were a good half to a full second off the lead pack and surrounding mid-pack drivers.

Congrats to the podium placers in both rooms! Looking forward to the next one as always
  8. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Couple of photos from the race last night. All these livery’s on the grid looked outstanding. Anyway feel free to use these photos on social media if you all want to. :)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I should also thank Bob (RPeeM808) who I was in a Party chat with that helped me get out of my Pit Crew mess.
    Darren Day and Beats143 like this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Darren Day likes this.