Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 9: Group B RWD Madness

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 12, 2021.

1. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    So had a crack, first go on dirt for quite a while, totally stacked it on stage 2 and had to retire. When can I get started at Monte Carlo?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

2 weeks for each event
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Monte Carlo is up now for the next 12 days!
    In-game clubs page has a countdown timer showing you how long before the current event expires.
    So does the clubs page on the codies site linked in the OP: https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/17368
    sparklehead83 likes this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  5. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Perfect thank you
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So thank you for the advice to change car.
    The Opel is quite enjoyable!
    I actually enjoyed myself despite this happening on stage 1:

Also my game decided to freeze on the results screen of stage 5 and gave me a DNF despite finishing the stage so that sucks
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Glad that's over! Haha always struggle to manage risk at Finland. It goes wrong in a big way so quickly!
    Actually was going pretty well bar a couple of minor excursions until my system froze on stage 4 resulting in DNF:poop: But hey breakdowns are part of racing so I carried on (after a reboot). Got back on track, and was enjoying the throttle modulation required to keep the car under control where the surface degradation was high :geek:. But a wandering mind since the freeze got away on me in the final stage, resulting in a puncture and heavy damage after trying to knock over a stack of logs sideways. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see who can manage their risk to hold a winning time together until the end. Good luck :thumbsup:
    Kieran_B33, Anthonyb and Hatfield like this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, Finland is a hoot with all the big jumps! Chose the Lancia this round and I found it to be a really nice car on the most part, though it can snap a bit from time to time. Love the supercharger whirr! Reasonably happy with my pace except for stage 4 where some ridiculously late co-driver calls saw me go off course with a 40 second penalty. And then another 41 second penalty on the exact same corner for stage 12! D'oh!
    Kieran_B33 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Stages 1 & 2 were absolute disasters due to punctures. Stage 3 went well. Stage 4 would of gone OK hadnt i been slapped with a 1 minute penalty for sliding on past the ambulance into a '1 left'. A couple of excursions in Stage 5 but not too bad. Stage 6 was ok, the spins were starting to add up on the timing then a final sector puncture blew things out further. Stage 7 more spins but nothing major. Stage 8 went smoothly as it did in stage 3 with no issues. Stage 9, some spins, some crowd crashes & a fitting final late puncture
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, that damn "ambulance corner" caught me out twice! :thumbsdown:
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    6 left caution big jump into double caution 360 straight
  13. msgofast

msgofast New Recruit

Just thought i better say hi and thanks for adding me "MSR"
    AnthonyB set me up;)
    let see how the old guy goes :laugh:
    KoAStR and Anthonyb like this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

msgofast likes this.
  15. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    I've barely had time to run the stages, but I managed to squeeze in Finland last night.
    I would sum it up by saying that I like the idea of Finland, but in practice I'm usually lurching from one disaster to the next :eek:
    I'd need to put some solid time into the game to be good there, I think.
    Well done Jonny!
    KoAStR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You're still 128 seconds up the road from me (though 81 seconds of that were penalties at "ambulance corner")
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    So true. But fastest time for you on Stage 6 says you're already pretty good ;) Nice one.
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  18. Jonny2good

Jonny2good New Recruit

thanks mate was sooo close at end I had a shocking stage 8 beginning 3rd sector lost front wing and tyre, pressure was on last stage, rolled it near the end but just made it
    Mike--ekiM and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    First 2 stages done, not sure if fast or slow, but I didn't crash so thats a bonus.
    The RWD is a bit tricky when the surface changes from tarmac to snow to ice, sometimes to find yourself with 2 tyres on ice and 2 on tarmac. Be carefull out there guys..
    msgofast, UrsineSaturn9 and Anthonyb like this.
  20. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I'm holding off for stages 3 and 4 to see other peoples times i think. Need to know whether to push the limits a bit more or not
    msgofast likes this.