ACC [PC] S6 - Special Event 1 [Silverstone 2020 - 120min] Enduro (non-champ.)

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I reckon mostly DD... Though I'm naturally an anxious person so that also elevates the heart too...
    I do run my DD around 12-13nm max torque... it can go more so no chance of clipping at that level, but from reading real GT3 drivers experience 10-15nm so I try to emulate that...
    krunch, CornfordCaster, Wally and 2 others like this.
  2. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

You absolute monster!
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  3. MatthewMarshHK

MatthewMarshHK Rookie

Very much enjoyed the battle Mael. Good to race with people you know you can trust. Also means you give that respect back. Love it!
    CornfordCaster, Rolz and krunch like this.
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Cracking first half of the race for me. Teaming up with Matt Frost in the Aston looked like a possible podium shot for us. Even, (dare we dream?) a win! I hadn't driven the Aston in anger before let alone in the rain but what a car. It was one of the most intense and fun stints I've done in a long time. Shame all the good work was destroyed in a pit stop disaster. By the way the Kunos driver swap & pit system can GO DIE IN A F*****G LAVA FILLED HOLE!!

Matt did a great job in qualifying putting us in 5th. That became 4th with Rolz's tactical withdrawal to the pits. Off the start I kept it clean and tidy but Bueller managed to slip past. However as a couple of front runners spun off early I found myself in 3rd. The conditions were tricky but I was enjoying it. I had a great battle with Bueller before managing to finally get past. I then caught Nichols and battled for the lead for many laps but could not find a way past. We both pitted near the end of the stint timer but unfortunately for Matt and I that was when our race effectively ended (FYI the Kunos driver swap & pit system blows chunks).

Basically my lack of preparation for driver swaps plus the intensity of the racing saw me forget the process needed before entering the pits. Matt was distracted by weirdness in the Kunos (completely bonkers) driver swap & pit system interface which looked unresponsive to him and he forgot to remind me of those things too. As I entered the pits I had a brain fade and thought I needed to use my mouse for the pit menu, like in good old AC. So I stopped before the box trying to find my mouse cursor before Matt said to just select his name in the Pit Menu (which BTW had failed to popup - have I mentioned I really dislike Kunos's driver swap & pit system?). By then we'd lost a huge amount of time so I quickly went to the box and stopped the engine. Only then did we both realise we hadn't even thought about changing to the wet strat! lol what a disaster. So Matt had to do a lap on slicks, pit again for wets then head back out a lap down for a double stint with no chance of a result. What fun. Oh well.

Congrats to Rolz for a sensation last to first win! Well done to Bueller for 2nd and Nichols/Cesana for 3rd.

Thanks to all who participated and made it such a cool event!
  5. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Don’t trust @Mael he’s the most cunning of them all!
    nanlatt, krunch and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

I cannot agree more... for such an amazing sim the sheer hacked up clunky solution they have for driver swaps is pathetic... they really should hang their heads in shame...
    CornfordCaster, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Results now posted in the OP
  8. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

No worries mate, I hardly noticed. I actually wondered what you were up to when you let me past!

I sure made up for it next time. I wasn’t really trying to battle, just thinking I wouldn’t make it easy. Turns out I should have just let you go. Somehow I must have broken my rear wing or something and going around trying to get to the pits I managed to do 1:50 damage!!

Still, a good fun night. I seem to learn a major lesson at every one of these enduro events. Note to self: let Mael go :thumbsup:
    krunch likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Just coming back to the limited tyre sets in this. Five sets was still too many, because every stint could still be on green tyres. In a one-stopper, I'd like to see only 3 sets allowed. That way, you actually have to choose which stint to use a roaded tyre in, and where to use your green set.
    Do qually on your practice set? Use a green set for stint 1 or 2 of the race? It opens up more interesting decisions to be made.
    krunch likes this.
  10. Rolz

I def did like the concept... and should be investigated more.
    We had 6 available to use... I would be keen to try 5, but any less as we run the risk of people doing practice outside of official practice and rocking up when qual kicks over...
    krunch likes this.