GT Sport Season 16 Division 3 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Really pleased to win this, especially with @LE_bananajosh on the pad again. I feel I earned it despite Josh saying he let me win. I was hoping for a good result to finish off the season, but after qualifying 5th again I didn't think I had a chance at a win. Luckily for me I got a good start and came to turn 1 3rd. Beats ran wide and I was up to 2nd. Ovlov got me with a forceful dive up the inside at turn 3. I knew Josh had started on RM but wasn't sure about Ovlov until I noticed he struggled in the final sector of the lap and I knew then he was on RM as well. Beats was behind me and I was sure he was probably RS the same as me so was keen to keep him back.
    At the end of lap 1 I got up beside Ovlov on the straight and kept my line to take 2nd place at turn 1. I then dived inside Josh at turn 13 and began to pull away. Luckily Josh held @beats up for enough laps for me to get a good gap. I increased the gap through the pit stops and except for a lap where I ran wide out of turn 9 where I lost a couple of seconds I was able to hold the gap to Beats. Josh came back through on his RS tyres and caught me with a couple of laps to go but I made sure I didn't leave a gap and managed to squeak out the win. It makes up for the possible two wins I may have had if Josh had stuck to the wheel at Tokyo and Catalunya. I had a fantastic season racing all the div 3 guys this season.
  2. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Well done Emmo, you drove a great race. It’s such a shame that the whole dynamics of the race were effected by Josh being on the controller. I won’t say any more at this stage other than congrats to you as what i want to say would not be printable. Cheers
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to @Beats143 for the championship win. It was well earned and deserved. It looked after the first 3 rounds he was going to win every race but there were four race winners by the end of the season, It was a very competitive season. I just wish I could have qualified a bit better.
  4. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Well done @emmo46 on the win. What a crazy last 3 rounds for the top finishers!
    Gutted I couldn't make it but had to spend some family time with the kiddies for a late Sunday dinner/movie night.
    Congratulations to @Beats143 for a dominant season. Absolutely sensational for the time and effort you put in and the results show. Keep pushing. You'll be competing in the top division in no time.
    Great work on hosting the room @Bluemoon , you did a fantastic job. Much appreciated!
    I had fun this season despite my dwindling performances. Just couldn't get enough practice in to keep up.
    I'll be having a couple of seasons break from Sunday league due to family commitments.
    See you around the traps no doubt anyway
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suspect if Josh hadn't held you up you may have won it. It took the sting out of your challenge in those early laps, you running wide at turn 1 didn't help you either. if you had stayed ahead of me over the first lap I think I would have been well beaten
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Beats143 and Stew Wilson like this.
  6. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats to the top peeps, had a mostly enjoyable time this season.
    Sorry if I held anyone up this race, Only practice I jad was qualifying and the lighting on track was awful.
    Anyway thanks to the room hosrs and SAR and the ballboys .
    Would have been nice to see more retro cars but it is what it is.
    Cheers all.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Another season done and dusted.

Congratulations to Division 3 Champion, @Beats143 , and runners up @emmo46 and @LE_bananajosh .

Huge thanks to everyone that helped out this season:
    @Matthyus for the tables
    @Rangeraus for the track limit videos
    @Viperzed and @CaptainRisky21 for the livery regs
    All rooms hosts and captains and anyone else who helped out, and also everyone who participated this season.

Next season will start 10/10 so enjoy the break, we will have a few events popup each Sunday I am sure. (I may fill empty slots with 'no practice series' nights for a bit of fun.

Signup for S17 here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-17-entry-thread.4550/

S17 car suggestions go here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-17-car-suggestion-thread.4551/
    RBRHoges97, Anders, RPeeM808 and 4 others like this.
  8. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Firstly, big thanks to @Hatfield @Matthyus and the team involved for running another successful season of GT SportSunday night racing. The work that goes on in the background is extensive and much appreciated.
    Season 16 DIV3. Now that it is official. (whoooohooo) :):):) i am stoked to have come out as the winner this season. Started in DIV5 Dec2020 and have progressed from there to this milestone in DIV3. I purchased some new gear with 3 races to go in season 15 and have constantly improved since then. CSL Elite wheel and Clubsport V3 Pedals (would highly recommend them for any intermediate user) i was using Porsche GT2 Wheel and Clubsort V1 Pedals through a Drive Hub from PS3 days, so this was a huge difference in feel and control on track.
    Started out like a rocket first 3 races, then it rained and my expectations were greater that my ability at Tokyo. Started thinking about the points table and got a bit nervous from there and probably a bit less aggressive. Tried not to but couldn’t help it. A few uncontrollable factors were at play from Tokyo onwards but everyone had to deal with that. Had some great racing throughout the season with different people and enjoyed the rush of race night. Congrats to all the Division winners and place getters. Thanks all, good luck in Season 17. Beats:)
  9. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Congratulations @Beats143 !!!!
    Very well deserved. Well fought @emmo46 , though you may just scraped it home over the last couple of rounds. Next time :)
    RBRHoges97, Stew Wilson and Beats143 like this.
  10. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Mate ! Very well done, and yes I witnessed the "step" change with your times and attitude with the new and upgraded gear . Well deserved, lots of practice and perseverance has been rewarded and paid off....
    Of note is your approach to clean racing with a consistant professional approach.. This will always be rewarded..

well done
    RBRHoges97, Stew Wilson and Beats143 like this.
  11. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    We will never know Emmo, there were a few what ifs in a couple of the races. It took me 6 laps to get past Josh as he was making it very difficult to pass on his Mediums and i needed to make sure I didn’t go off track in my attempts to get passed him. Once i got passed i was definitely catching you each lap and had my hopes up again that victory was possible. I had planned to pit on L14 as i had practised but due to the fighting i had to do to get passed Josh i had used more fuel that expected and worn my tyres more also and had to pit on L13. The gap to you was now bigger when i came out and although initially i made some inroads it was short lived, then Josh went through unimpeded by me on his softs and my battle was over, just survived to get it home in 3rd as i went into the grass on T2 and fell into the clutches of i think Blunty and Shane. Well done mate
  12. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    It's good to see that blatant cheating doesn't seem to matter. I still don't understand how someone who should have a minimum of 53pts deducted has still managed to finish on the podium. Maybe next season I'll get a professional driver to race for me.
  13. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Thanks mate, your kind words are appreciated , cheers
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    He has been given the punishment of the loss of my trust in him.

If we look at the initial reason he used the controller instead of the wheel. He had a sore arm from receiving the vaccine. Other drivers in the past (and this season) have changed their input device for one reason of another.
    Obviously, this particular change has resulted in an increase in pace.

He went about it the wrong way, not telling anyone in the division thread, and the info seemingly only coming to light when he asked if 'we' wanted him to use wheel or pad. He should've informed the division earlier in the day about the predicament so that the issue could be agreed upon.
    This happened twice since he had the second jab before the final round but still used the controller.

I can't just penalise people for their input device given how many different ones there are.

But for now, he will not be allowed to run in a lower division to get up to speed on the wheel, and instead will be in at least division 2 from now on
  15. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Congrats Beatsy on your Div3 win ! Lots of time an effort on track to get that consistency and correct strategy each week has paid off. Woohoo ! It went a bit closer than we all though earlier in the season, but you got there mate ! See you in Div2 next season
    RBRHoges97, Peersy, Beats143 and 2 others like this.