GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Bathurst 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Have to agree. That brings the goose bumps up. I am now as nervous as i was in the shootout last night and it’s going to be a long day waiting for race start. Booyah good luck to everyone
    Peersy and Noodles87 like this.
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Supercars is streaming the 1999 Bathurst 1000 on Youtube right now, for race day inspiration
    Easyprey007 and Noodles87 like this.
  3. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m out cause internet issues
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    RACE DAY DRIVERS BRIEFING

Welcome all to Race Day for RaceOnOz’s premiere community event, The Bathurst 2 Hour!

Lobbys will open by 7:45pm AEST at the latest. This is to ensure that all network issues can be combed out early.
    Room 1 will be hosted by @razor4797
    Room 2 will be hosted by @bodhod1
    Room 3 will be hosted by @Xtr3meNZer

Please ensure you have both these fine gentlemen added to your PSN friends list. They won't bite, Much.

From there you are free to practice until we have the official green flag at 8:00pm AEST. Lobby hosts, please do your best to check Power and Weight settings for all drivers, I will send you both current updated lists of what every driver in your lobby should be running at. Please if your lobby host tells you to change your BOP, don't argue, they have it as a direct order from me. Both lobby hosts have permission to start the race early if all drivers are in the room and network issues have been nullified.

There are no compulsory tire or fuel stops. Please respect the solid white lines at Pit Entry, failure to do so will result in a 5 second time penalty. Pit exit lines are free to be ignored HOWEVER, if you are found to impede another car at Pit Exit whilst also cutting the lines, you will be penalised harshly. Stewarding is available for this event should any incidents happen.Please forward any incidents in question directly to me via ROOZ pm.

[​IMG]

STARTING PROCEDURE
    Both rooms will be set to a Rolling start in the grid order you have all qualified in. Cars are to set off from the Rolling start on a formation lap where cars are to remain 3 car lengths away from eachother at all times until the exit of Turn 21 (The Chase). At this point, the leader will hold a speed between 50 and 100 km/h and allow the grid behind to form up into a double file rolling start. Cars will hold formation around Turn 23 (Murrays Corner) and the leader may choose to begin the race at any point between the bridge exiting turn 23 and the control line. Passes for position can be made once the leader has begun the race. Penalties may be awarded if it is found that the leader started the race early or late.

Should there be any issues on the grid such as drivers being glitched and being unable to move, One full reset with affected drivers leaving the room is reccomended. If problems persist the room host can choose to change host or the show must go on.

If there are any mass disconnections (3 or more in a 1 lap window), A Red Flag will be called and the lobby host will open a new lobby. Set the grid as per the order of the last COMPLETED lap which means that all cars must have crossed the line (barring those who may have parked up). Timer will be set rounding down to a 10 minute window i.e If there is 1hr 16mins to go, The new time remaining will be 1hr 10mins.

Please remember that a 2 Hour race is incredibly taxing and it is crucial you eat, drink and use your facilities before the race begins. If there are any issues, please reach out to me on PSN and I'll do my best to solve them ASAP.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Certainly gets you amped for the night that's for sure
    Noodles87 and Easyprey007 like this.
  6. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Viperzed Stupid question time. Does that mean i will be on the left or @Xtr3meNZer will be on the left?
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Evens on left, odds on right
  8. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hang on, I thought I chose left, which would mean odds left?
    Viperzed, Beats143 and Peersy like this.
  9. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Looks like it wasn’t a stupid question:D:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    And the answer is??
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yeah look I don't know my lefts from rights lol

Odds on Left, Evens on right
    Xtr3meNZer and Beats143 like this.
  11. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Xtr3meNZer good luck tonight mate. Hopefully sanity prevails through T1 and T2 we all get up the hill ok
    Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  12. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  15. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Sorry guys. I crashed twice & that was the end of it.
  16. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Yeah sick to start a 2hr race to get hit off with my race then ruined at lap 1, and then for that person that hit me to leave the race a few laps later, but it is what it is. Thanks for organising the event Viper, know alot of work went into it!
    MINT_GTR, Viperzed, Noremac and 5 others like this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Starting last I was planning to take it easy and see what positions I could make up. I had my consistent pace/practice set to save fuel/tyres for the 1 stop.
    Lap 2 I receive contact from behind under brakes at the chase and I'm building sandcastles. I understand accidents happen but the lack of redress at the time made me mad.
    It seems angry Hat drives quicker than calm Hat. Looking at the results, I should've had more weight. Had a great drive through the field to finish 2nd, albeit with crippled hands lol
    Too quick @KeedenMcdonald , congrats on third @LR__AmazingHour

Good work everyone on the clean racing throughout the field
  19. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Mad Hatter o_O
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Room 3 seemed to go without hitch. Everyone completed the form up lap with out any issue, and we all got off quickly.

I held 1st place for about a lap before Rolls got past - which was the plan, let him get in front, and sit in the slipstream trying to ensure fuel saving was at optimum while putting in decent laps, but I made a slight mistake behind him, and it was enough for him to break the slip, and for beats to come up and close the gap. He got past also after a few laps of battling, and I sat behind him for as long as I could. There was a couple of seconds behind me in 4th place, and just did what I could to keep that gap.

Kept going, keeping it easy and fuel saving throughout, and got to lap 32 (I think) before I pitted, about 52 mins left on the race - unfortunately my bladder wasn't happy with me, so I asked my partner to stop the fuel when it was at lap 29, and hit the options button to keep me on the track after that - she put 29 litres in, which equated to about 11 laps. So my fuel saving and such that I had done throughout my first stint was all for nothing, and I had to pit again - which I did basically straight away. This put me about 12 seconds behind Stew in third place in the last stint, and it gave me a goal to work towards, and pushed it as hard as I could while trying to ensure I had enough fuel to finish the race. The gap slowly made its way down, with about 3 laps to go I had caught up to about 1.8 seconds behind. There were a few tense moments as we both made slight little mistakes but not enough to gain an advantage, but luckily coming out of Forest Elbow for the last time, I was close enough behind to get the slip. Managed to get past just before the chase, and sweated bullets right through to the finish line to finish third. I finished about 23 seconds behind the lead, and I feel if I didn't have the pit error, I could have well been in for a chance at the win. Ah well, it happens, and I really enjoyed pushing that last stint.

Thanks to Viper for his hard work in getting this done for everyone, the time you would have sacrificed to ensure that all three rooms ran smoothly, with qualifying and the shootout included, a monumental task.

Well done to @Beats143 and @rollscanhardly for 1st and 2nd respectively. Not an easy task over 2 hours, awesome work.

Until next time Gents!
    stucar17, razor4797, MINT_GTR and 9 others like this.