GT-Sport SCNG Season 2 - **Completed**

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Xtr3meNZer, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well, what an intense night for myself last night! Sounds like also there was a few battles throughout (Can't wait to look through the replay for this one)

Xtr3me Motorsports had a change up this week with our drivers jumping into different cars (except for Dids who stuck with his Mustang), to maximize the performance from each car due to all of us having a slightly different driving style, and our knowledge (or lack there of) the track for the night.

Qualifying was pretty good for us as a team, the green train holding positions 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. Some of us opted for a medium start (myself was one), and some started with the softs. As predicted our two boys on softs cleared the field after a few intense laps from the beginning while Rolls and myself battled with Noodles and a few others who came close when the battling got intense. As per normal, I was ensuring I wasn't burning through the fuel while battling, and was able to hold off until lap 16 to jump into the softs - figured the longer stint on the mediums while holding a decent pace would mean I would have better tyres for any potential battles near the end of the race (and WHAT a battle it was...)

Coming out of the pits in 7th position, I was a bit worried that my late pit would have put me too far behind the leaders, and was hoping to try and make a position or two... but wasn't counting on it... until I started to catch them pretty quickly. After a couple of laps, I was able to catch up to my team mates Peersy and Dids who were running mediums at that point, and skoot past on the home straight. This left me with Ursine about 5 seconds up the road, and about 6 laps or so to go. I put my foot down (put an extra lap or so in fuel at the pit stop so I could burn it), got the fastest lap while chasing him down and finally with 3 laps to go it was all on. Ursine and myself swapping positions about 3 or 4 times, clean fair racing with no bumps - it's what I love about racing with him - this is not the first time, nor will it be the last time we have these battles.

Last lap I was right behind Ursine for the whole thing, I was sweating bullets ensuring I didn't accidentally knock him off, or myself off while in the dirty air... came around that last turn with him right in front of me, and I revved the sh!t out of the car, pushed out of the slip stream to get up along side him, and just slowly made my way up beside him. Managed to get 2nd JUST as we crossed the line, and I finally was able to breath.

What a fantastic end to an intense race @UrsineSaturn9 , thank you for that battle (I wouldn’t have cared if you had got 2nd, it was just such an epic battle at the end of that intense race…)

Well done to @gtkingx who got out the front and didn’t look back, nice work. Also well done to Ursine rounding out the podium.

Thanks everyone for coming out, it’s fantastic to see a full grid every week, really makes the series that much more interesting.

Next race, the Mountain! This should produce some interesting racing! Have a good one guys
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I was happy to hold you off as long as I did on my 16 lap old softs, but you were undeniably rapid last night and deserving of the position in the end. Well done on fastest lap too. :thumbsup:
    Peersy and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm a bit disappointed with myself. Firstly I didn't qualify as well as I could, in a triall run before qually I managed a 1:38.1 but couldn't get near that in qually. So I started 9th when I think I should have been top 2 or 3. At the exit of turrn 1 I was squeezed off the track and spun which put me a distant last. I was on RM but was able to hold the gap to the leaders until I caught up with main pack about 1/2 race distance. I got 2 places back on lap 1 already when a couple of cars came together at the final corner. A few laps later another 2 dropped back behind after an incident.
    Once I caught the pack I struggled make passes stick and was losing a lot of time battling. I managed to eventually claw my way back to 8th but I think I would have been a podium chance if I had managed things better. Oh, well. On to the next race.
    Peersy and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Sorry to hear it wasn't as good as race as you wanted. Onwards and upwards :) Your fav track next race ;)
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Apologies for Turn 1 Emmo, Ironically it was @Hatfield up my inside that left you with nowhere to go.

Dismal round from myself. I hate Fuji with a passion and in front end heavy FR cars with huge ballast, that hate was increased. Took the pain and took the heaviest car in our garage so what did I expect lol. Looking forward to Bathurst where I've got plenty of experience recently and should be back up the pointy end.
    UrsineSaturn9, emmo46 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I still enjoyed the racing. It is myself I'm not real pleased with. I wasted a good oportunity.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was unhappy with myself for putting myself in the vulnerable position mostly.
    Viperzed likes this.
  8. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I would like to join please
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Full at the moment but will put you as a reserve
    Blunty075 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Stewards Report - SCNG S2 R3 Fuji

Stewards: UrsineSaturn9, Xtr3meNZer, T F Eccles, emmo46

Incident: Contact between @Noodles87 and @Hatfield lap 18 final corner
    Decision: Warning to Noodles
    Notes: Noodles makes very light contact with rear of Hatfield on final corner; however no advantage is gained and Noodles stays behind Hatfield on corner exit. The subsequent overtake on the straight was slipstream assisted and would have been the case without the contact.

The video also shows a redressed incident with rollscanhardly, which is addressed in the general notes below and crossing the pit entry lines by Noodles which is also addressed separately below.

Incident: Pit entry cuts by @Noodles87 , @TUBBSTER22 and @Viperzed
    Decision: Warning to Noodles, Tubbster_22 and Viperzed
    Notes: All drivers slowed for the pit entry, attempted to stay within the lines and did not gain advantage or impede other drivers. Also there has been some ambiguity on pit entry/exit rules, we will try to provide clearer instructions in advance going forward.

General Notes to all driver on redressing incidents
    A reminder to all drivers that if redressing an unintentional contact with another driver, please do so in a SAFE MANNER that does not impede other drivers. Do not slow down immediately on the racing line, instead proceed through the corner or complex of corners normally and pull over off the racing line when safe to do so.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Look how close the points are now between the teams. Excellent!
    Beats143, Noodles87 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  13. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    OP Has been updated with the following changes:

• Pit entry and exits lines are to be adhered to. All four wheels of the vehicle are to be within the pit lane by the time the solid lines start. Same on exit, all wheels of the car are to be within the lane of the solid lines. If the pit has a broken line, two wheels are permitted.
    • If the pit lane has a kink or slight chicane, it is expected you are to slow to the conditions of the corner, not going so fast as to hit pit lane walls etc.
    • If a racing incident has happened, and you are redressing the driver, please do not brake instantly on the racing line. Move through the corner, or series of corners if this is the case, pull off the racing line and then wait for the driver. This will not impede others behind you, potentially causing damage, or other cars going off track.
    • All Stewards will be involved to adjudicate on the incident. If they are involved in the said incident, we may pull another member outside of the series to help adjudicate.
    Hatfield, Beats143, Viperzed and 2 others like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And 4 teams in the top 4 positions for Fuji. Success Ballast working as intended! :)
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Success Ballast after round 3
    [​IMG]
    Noodles87, Xtr3meNZer and Hatfield like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wow. SOB average weight has shot up over the other teams. Joshes disconnects have hurt with lack of points and/or loss of weight bonus. Going to be difficult over the next couple of races.
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    It's a big shame about the disconnects Emmo. Not what anyone wants to see.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And still leading the Teams Championship after round 3. Didn't think you could hold that all 9 rounds did you? o_O
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's the plan. :whistling:
  20. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    See you all tomorrow night!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]