ACC [PC] Season 7 - Round 1 [Imola 2020 - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Sep 21, 2021.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 7 - GT3 Spring Cup
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Flamebadger

Round 1 - SPRINT - Imola 2020
    [​IMG]
    27th September 2021 at 8:00pm
    (AEST - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL NOTES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or causing a disadvantage to other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • Penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • The Admins will review the race starts - To ensure that everyone is racing safely, the admins will review from the start of the race until the end of the first lap and may issue warnings or penalties if deemed necessary regardless of if an incident that occurred was reported or not.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR01 [PRAC/RACE] S7 R1 [Imola 2020 - 60min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will reset for official practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    'Whacky' Wednesday Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR02 [WHACKY WED] S7 R1 [Imola 2020 - 2x30min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is both for season 7 practice and for others wishing to try out racing at ROOZ.
    • The server runs as a Super Sprint with 2x30min races and no pitstops.
    • The server will kick over to first practice at 8:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday night.
    • The server has an open entry list with an SA rating of 60.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • more info: Whacky Wednesday Forum Thread

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • Pitstop Rules:
      • Tyres Mandatory (No tyre set restrictions)
      • Refuelling is Not Mandatory (Fill time not fixed)
      • No Stint Limit
      • No Pit Window
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 1x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 12pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
    • Weather: "ambientTemp": 22, "cloudLevel": 0.20, "rain": 0.10, "weatherRandomness": 2

CAR CHOICE
    This season is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

>> ROOZ Discord Server <<

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-one wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

WHY NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS?
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for this season. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious “join lag” issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to the season remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero custom skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  2. CornfordCaster

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
  3. CornfordCaster

Season 7 is here!
    [​IMG]
    Just a quick note to address for before Race 1: Currently the driver classes aren't finalised for the current entry list, we will endeavour to get this right before Race 1 but as usual we will review it after a few rounds. I'm not sure there's anything else that we need to mention at this time. We're looking forward to seeing everyone on the track again, bring it on!
    nanlatt and krunch like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Question on the fuel: Is it no refuelling allowed or you can refuel, but not mandatory? And if you do refuel, does it make the stop longer than 30 seconds?
  5. CornfordCaster

You are allowed to refuel but it is not required to complete a legal pitstop, strategically I'd recommend refuelling mid-race but you could start the race with a full race distance's fuel load. However since refuelling NEVER takes longer than changing tyres and is ALWAYS completed at the same time as the tyre change (Tyres =30s, Full refill ~ 25s) you wont lose any time doing both at the in your pitstop, or to put it another way your pitstop will not take any longer if you refuel and you are also changing tyres. Fuel pit stop time variances only come about when when you do not change tyres in the same pitstop and only then will the pitstop range from 3.2s->25s depending on the amount you refuel, Since required by the rules, you should already be changing the tyres and the minimum stop will be 30s unless you are repairing damage which does occur AFTER the tyres have been changed.

Hopefully I didn't phrase this in a confusing way! I changed the formatting in the race posts from last season so it can retain a format consistent throughout the different types of races we have which the important rules highlighted using Bold text. The have been no rule changes to any of the Sprint races from Season 6 to Season 7.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    TL;DR: refuel at the pitstop, unless you want to start with a PHAT car! :D
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

so is everyone going to start on half a tank and pit at 30 mins? o_O
  8. Mike Weedon

Mike Weedon New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    morningstar-mike
    JJ , That will be a complete unknown for me. its a wing it until 50 seconds before start... what I need is some rocket fuel to try and keep up. These boys are super quick.
  9. CornfordCaster

You'd think so but it varies a fair bit based on relative pace in battles vs how long they have gone on for and if there is traffic. Perhaps you've got a early damage and need to make a recovery drive or go for the long overcut on someone who was holding you up but pitted earlier. I've almost never started with half a tank ;)
    Mike Weedon likes this.
  10. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Sorry guys, I think that I instigated the issue on lap 1, turn 1.
    For what it's worth, karma did come to me, loosing about 10 seconds in my pit stop because I couldn't get my car started and then received a 30sec stop/go penalty for speeding.
    krunch, nanlatt and CornfordCaster like this.
  11. CornfordCaster

I'm so glad that the server has its issues and race was ultimately abandoned, what a shame is for those who drove well. :poop:
    [​IMG]
    Mael and krunch like this.
  12. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

what happened mate?
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

:mad: Triggered........
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  14. CornfordCaster

I spun on my own and the came out front of another car so we both got a decent amount of damage. The race is still valid I just wish it wasn't! :cry:
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  15. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

I know corn it hurts. I am glad the race ended up valid cause i had a ball!!!!!! Started last and i finished 15th,,,,mate!!!! EPIC!!
    Nice competitive group.
    c4rLo5, krunch, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  16. CornfordCaster

Yes I had a nice difficult time getting past your McLaren! Good fun.
    krunch likes this.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Results posted in OP
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  18. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

Ye corn,i made a mistake while defending my position,lets say i got carried away.....jeeeez i got pissed off with myself......still spewing
    krunch, nanlatt and CornfordCaster like this.
  19. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Race highlights remastered, for your viewing pleasure.
  20. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

I posted it on Discord but was unsure on who I took out so apologies again to Freeland.. I just didnt expect you too drop so much speed off into the chicane and unfortunately rear ended you and for that Im sorry, I hope it didnt ruin the rest of your race.. Very amateurish on my behalf.
    Cokko Bill and krunch like this.