GT Sport Season 17 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Blunty DSC - 1.45.563
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  2. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Johnno, Ovlov, Spleece, great job.
    That was some hard work, crossed the line on 0 fuel.
    Had a great time with the middle dudes, bad luck abounded and shot me to fourth.
    Some people need to learn, posting comments mid race is bad form.
    Otherwise had a ball ,thanks all.
    Slartybar, emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    What a nail biting race that was, eh @Ben Campbell !!

Managed pole with a solid 44, was hoping for better but was very happy to start from the front, knowing that passing here is tough.
    As normal, trying to keep my nerves in check in the first few laps was tough, but I seem to be improving in this space.
    However Ben was ALL over my bumper and we were like that until he finally managed to sneak past.
    A few laps later I spun at T4, either marbles or a blade of grass and I lost 10s to Ben and fell to 3rd.
    I consoled myself and got on with getting back on track. I was the hunted before, now 'Time to Hunt'.
    I caught up to 2nd within a lap or 2 and passed nicely and then set to catch up to Ben who now had a gap of 11s

Ben pitted VERY early on 15 (due to chewing through fuel) so I was able to take back first. I pitted lap 18 and now the battle was on.
    I was very happy to see that the time difference starting dropping VERY fast and within about 10 laps, I was back on Ben's bumper. We then spend the next 5+ laps glued to each others bumpers until Ben pitted once again.
    I still had 4+ laps of fuel so went as far as I liked then flew in for a splash and dash.

I pulled out of the pits with a 1s gap Infront :)
    Now it was a 14 lap mad dash for the line. Ben stayed within 2s, most of it actually within 1s or less, which made the last 14 laps mental.
    It was a few laps later that I went for broke and attempted the FL and broke it and gapped Ben by 3s, then I did it again on the following lap and re-enforced that gap.
    I couldn't maintain that pace as fuel was on the line and burning those 2 laps of fuel put me under what I needed.
    So now it was back to actual fuel saving for a few laps to eek out a few 100mL's of fuel to drag my car across the line.
    By doing this though Ben caught back up and was within 1s yet again.
    This time however I stuck to my plan and managed to maintain the gap until the end crossing the line in first with 0 fuel.

The difference in finishing time was due to Ben running out of fuel on the final corner :( otherwise the finish would have been much closer.

50 laps of racing and it came down to less than 1s of time difference.
    That was what a race should be!!

Thank you.

See you all next week at Suzuka, another of my all time fav tracks!!!
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is there a prize for most spins? I think I aced that.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You two were in a class of your own last night. Well done.
    Ben Campbell and Matthyus like this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    So were the top 2 in Div 3.
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  7. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Pretty disappointing drive last night, struggling to find pace and consistency in race after running consistent 1:45's and with a few 1:44:xx's in afternoon practice. Brands hatch is a different beast when there's other cars on the track with you
    Initially planned on a three stop race then changed my mind to a two stopper then miscalculated fuel (heavy right foot) and had to drive like a grandma last two laps giving up 1 place and then then ran out of fuel on the last corner anyway and lost more 2 places.
    Had some good battles along the way though so it was fun, just finished 3 places lower than I should have...

Bring on suzuka, my favourite track in the game
  8. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Well done @Matthyus & @Ben Campbell you guys were quick. Tried to hang onto you at the start but couldn't do it.
    I was pushing in the last stint but was making too may mistakes. Had some good battles with @Steve Neilson then got distracted watching @sparklehead83 go off in the grass and dropped a wheel and spun.
    Qualified 3rd and was sitting there nicely even with fuel saving. Pitted on 18 and ran a 16 lap stint before my final stint, but then the inconsistencies crept in. I felt I could have done better but it was good fun.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This is a completely selfless request.
    I'm away for Round 6 if it stays on the Sunday.
    I don't want to miss it nor miss an opportunity to fight for the championship.
    My request would need to be fully unamious.

The request is, can we either postpone the race or race it on another night?
    The other nights I have thought of are the Friday or Saturday preceding the race or the Monday post Sunday.
    That or the Sunday following Rd7.

Again pure selfish request. Feel free to turn me down.
    If that is the outcome, then I'll just have to kick some serious rubber over the other races.

TIA
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can possibly do it another night.
    Matthyus likes this.
  11. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I would do saturday night if needed. same time etc
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Wows What a Nail bitting race. Did a pb in qualifying which gave me second so parked up in qualifying.
    Raced hard from the start all over the bumper of johno. Dived up the inside of turn 2 on lap 7 but johno held his place. On lap 8 he moved over to block so I was able to go around the out side. Fuel save what’s that. Was on the limiter every up shift and every down shift for 15 laps and had to pit. Once I seen others getting 18 laps I fuel saved big time and allowed johno to catch back up but managed to get to lap 34 . Filed my tank and after johno pitted I just couldn’t close the gap.
    Well done to johno on that win.
    Brands hatch is so technical. Ever corner is different and you have to nail every corner.
    I pushed hard to keep with johno for the last 5 and I ran out of fuel on the last corner.
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    As long as it isn’t Saturday or Friday. I’ll most likely be on call for nrma that weekend.
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Whatever night is fine with me, can't do Sunday after R7 as we have Bathurst Tribute on the 5th.
  15. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Happy to run it on another night. I also cant do the following weekend after R7 Friday 3/12/21 to Sunday 6/12/21
  16. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I am Not in your Div but wouldnt it just be your drop round if you couldnt make1 race
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    True. Forgot about the drop round.
    Guess I had just better race my little heart out to make up for the less than stellar first round..
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That's actually a good tactic. Better to have tour drop round cost you zero than points that might drop you place when subtracted.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Suzuka Circuit - 17 Laps - 15:45 Fine - 7/11
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 17!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING :
    8:20 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME :
    8:30 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful if you run off at the exit of T1, T13 or T15 that you re-join safely and account for dirty tyres
    @Rangeraus plans to have a lap guide up later in the week

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    Do not cut the solid entry line on the left hand side of the pit lane entry.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773