ACC [PC] Season 7 - Round 7 [Bathurst 2019 - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Nov 9, 2021.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 7 - GT3 Spring Cup
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Flamebadger

Round 7 - Sprint - Bathurst 2019
    [​IMG]
    15th November 2021 at 8:15pm AEDT
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL NOTES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or causing a disadvantage to other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • Penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • The Admins will review the race starts - To ensure that everyone is racing safely, the admins will review from the start of the race until the end of the first lap and may issue warnings or penalties if deemed necessary regardless of if an incident that occurred was reported or not.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] SVR01 [PRAC/RACE] S7 R7 [Bathurst 2019 - 60min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will reset for official practice at 8:15pm (AEDT) on Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    'Whacky' Wednesday Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] SVR02 [WHACKY WED] S7 R7 [Bathurst 2019 - 2x30min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is both for season 7 practice and for others wishing to try out racing at ROOZ.
    • The server runs as a Super Sprint with 2x30min races and no pitstops.
    • The server will kick over to first practice at 8:15pm (AEDT) on Wednesday night.
    • The server has an open entry list with an SA rating of 60.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • more info: Whacky Wednesday Forum Thread

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a Sprint:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • Pitstop Rules:
      • Tyres Mandatory (No tyre set restrictions)
      • Refuelling is Not Mandatory (Fill time not fixed)
      • No Pit Window
      • No Stint Limit
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 1x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 5pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 4pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 5pm) - OPEN for joining
    • Weather: "ambientTemp": 29, "cloudLevel": 0.20, "rain": 0.10, "weatherRandomness": 2
    (Weather and session settings may be changed at any time at the admins discretion)

CAR CHOICE
    This season is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

>> ROOZ Discord Server <<

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-one wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

WHY NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS?
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for this season. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious “join lag” issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to the season remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero custom skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021
  2. CornfordCaster

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2021
  3. CornfordCaster

Special additional information for those of you who come in here and read all of the information on the forums!

CornfordCaster's Cornforecast:

Extreme low chance of rain
    Based on the current weather settings in the OP there is a <5% chance of any session having some level of rain during that session. This was determined by advancing the sessions and 'simulating' 10 race weekends, out of the 30 sessions 0 had some level of rain.
  4. CornfordCaster

+200kph into Skyline with no road contact? Yeah I'm going to have a bad time.
    [​IMG]
    krunch and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

K'NOTH!!! Car did not want to start after the pit stop,again!!! I think i know why.
    Great race for the first 30 min,i was in a good rythm and i kicked some arses!!!! lolol
    Started last and when i got into the pits i was something like 12th!!! It was hard to avoid all those cars spinning around. lol
    Fun laps at Mount Panorama!!!!!
    Paul McElhinney, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  6. Mael

Mael Professional

Wish I could blame other people for ruining my race but sadly messed this one up all by myself :cry: Tiny loss of concentration and KRUNCCH. One lap lost in an instant. And that within the first 5 minutes.

After that disaster ended up having a good race with A.Gallagher until long my suffering rear tyres decried enough, causing a kerfuffle with Andy and giving L.Daw a bit of exitement for the night. On the bright side I did finish in front of Wally :p
    Something, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  7. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

Maaate. I was behind you before your pit stop and was wondering where you'd gotten to. Gutted for you since you seemed to have a good rhythm and were all set for a good result.
    krunch likes this.
  8. Wally

Wally Team Driver

We had some good racing near the end. I couldn't make a pass stick. I didn't want to pass you when you'd just yielded to a lapping car.
    krunch and Paul McElhinney like this.
  9. Something

Something New Recruit

Don't worry Mael, you weren't the only one who didn't need the lap 1 carnage to end up at the back. Cooked it on the 4th lap at Murray's for ~10 secs of damage and the wrote off the car completely at Skyline and the esses a few laps later.

Good fun though after the pits with no damage, fresh tyres and 120L of fuel. I think we ended up swapping places about 3-4 times with French getting in the mix as well. Unfortunate for Dowd though when we were trying to see who could redress the best :D
  10. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

Ye Paul was great fun!!! I remapped the starter button and now the car starts,i hope will work next time.( but i got strange feelings about it)
    I will test it again,because i know,,,,i feel it....i can touch it....
    The very first raceonoz podium is just around the bend!!!!!!!