ACC [PC] S7 - Special Event 2 [Zolder 2020] Unique Format! (non-champ.)

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Mael

Mael Professional

It's bad luck for you, think I'm about 4 seconds off the pace :p
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Final results now posted in 2nd post
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

Enjoyed the GT3/4 challenge again. Got it wrong in qualification but the race thought I got a benefit from the traffic. However I had quite enough of being stuck behind Oldfella.

Might have to share some setups with @Wally , he never seemed to find a working Mercedes :p
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  4. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

Thanks guys for the fun race. I'm still a backmarker, but I managed to wipe half a second of my previous PB. Sorry to Carlos and Wallzy in race 2. It looks like my little tap before the chicane caused the accident on lap 1.

I'm sorry for wrecking your races, but I hope you still enjoyed it.
    CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Well I must say I'm impressed with the drivers in this league. We managed to get 24 drivers into a team based, non championship, limited car choice, unfamiliar format, weeknight event. Bravo!

Personally (and totally not biased at all) I loved the format. Driving both car classes in the one event meant for variety and being in a team situation is always fun.

Being in a Bentley while actually driving a BMW M4 is not fun though, especially when it's lap 1 race 1! Having thrown off the Bentley only to find I was damaged and almost last I proceeded to find the fun again and worked my way back into the race. Being multiclass there was never a dull moment so it was enjoyable.

Hitting the GT3 for prac 2 was interesting and it was harder to find the feeling and balance. I managed to get some sort of feel with the M6 by qual and did a decent enough job to get p5. In the race it only took 2 corners to drop a bunch of spots and I had to fight back while zipping and out of GT4's like they were slalom cones. I could only manage P7 by the end but again it was plenty of fun.

But now that the Double Cross Brexit Team Challenge is over
    let's not forget the consequences!

Boris gets his way and as part of the Brexit trade deal you all helped to forge he can flood Germany with Bentleys, Ginettas, McLarens, Aston Martins and a new variant of C0V1D!
    But wait, there's more...
    actually - no there isn't
    Something and Wally like this.