Season 17 Driver Briefings

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 13, 2021.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefings will be in here.

I will keep a tab in the second post of drivers who are unavailable so its easy to keep a track of.
    Remember we have extra drivers, so if all are available we will rotate who misses so its as fair as it can be.

Given all drivers here have been around for a number of seasons, i will try to keep them brief, and on point mainly focusing on track limits and contact .

Stu
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER UNAVAILABILITY
    DIV 1
    R1. - Adge / TT
    R2.
    R3.
    R4.
    R5.
    R6.
    R7.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    DIV 2
    R1. - Stef / Andy
    R2.
    R3. - Rebort79
    R4.
    R5.
    R6.
    R7.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    D1chef25 likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    17/10/21 - Round 1 - Catalunya - 28/6/72 - 26 laps
    2pm qual - Clear
    3pm race start - Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear / Heavy Cloud
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

[​IMG]

ok all, welcome to Season 17... Cant believe we have been around this long, hopefully we have a great season.

Usual ROOZ rules will apply, generally around track limits and minimal contact. Obviously using an open wheeler like this it will take some different driving to what we are used to so there isnt a heap of locked wheels.

As i have said a number of times, we are oversubscribed by 2 drivers in each division. If you are out on any week please let us know so we can maintain a full grid, and so nobody sits out and misses. We will rotate who misses out, assuming that everyone is available to race.
    - you will see above i have listed who is out each week, so thanks to the guys who have let us know early
    - The points scores will be listed here - http://www.thepodium.racing
    - i have split into 2 divs in each div, so everyone will be up for a championship

Just some general info after a few weeks of testing in these cars.
    - Open wheeler, give a little more room than normal so you dont interlock wheels. That means you will have to have your proximity markers on so you know when and where you have cars around you.
    - There is decent draft, so if someone makes a pass, let them go and use the draft to continue the fight. Has been noticeable that cars battling ahead are relatively easy to catch back up to, so there 'should' be some great racing if everyone gives room.

- I have found i need to use ABS on LOW to stop the front wheels from locking under braking. You should be able to map a button for this, however if you cant map anything, make sure you have ABS on low in the game options. This can be adjusted when in a online lobby.
    - Fuel. 250L this thing holds... Im buggered if i know where, but there wont be any issues with fuel as far as i know.

TRACK LIMITS - RACEONOZ uses the curbs to define track limits. If you have wheel on the curb or white line (which defines the track edge) then you are all good. If you run outside of these boundaries with intent to make time, make a pass or make the track shorter, you will be penalized. For 'lazy' track limit breaches we generally look at a 25 second penalty, however for deliberate breaches the penalty could be increased.

CONTACT
    - Very simply, dont crash into the guy ahead of you and then drive off ! If you make contact (front to rear) and you push another driver off track, you are expected to redress. If you think its a 50/50 call while making a pass then save your replay and pass the info onto the room captain, or mod team (me or Ad2mny) and we will have a look at it. PLEASE don't blow up in the room chat or on the forum. We have found incidents in the past that have looked very different for both drivers.

ABUSE - Abusing other drivers over the mic, in race rooms, in chats on PSN or a forum PM is NOT ALLOWED. If there is an incident on track, you are required to go through the right channels of protest so the stewards group or mod team can look at any incident. We have already banned a few drivers in the past for abuse, and these drivers have not been welcomed back.

ONLINE BANTER - Just a reminder to everyone to be aware of who is in your chat room and what might be appropriate. We do have some younger drivers, and also ladies in the series. ALSO a reminder that those NOT in the chat can still hear you through their TV speakers. That means that people in 'their' homes can hear everything that is being said if there is banter in the game chat. If you have a group of people that want to be a little more 'loose' (for want of a better term) then i would suggest a private chat.

TRACK HOT SPOTS - Round 1 is always a bit of a hot round, and lap 1 round here can be messy if drivers don't use your heads. The run into Turn 1 is long, so make sure you brake nice and early so we all get through the first lap nice and clean.
    TURN 1 - Dont run up the arse of the car in front and drive off !
    TURN 3 - is very easy to either run wide off the inside curb, or miss the apex and run wide onto the ripple strip and spin.

TURN 7 EXIT - must stay on the ripple strip or to the left of it.

TURN 10 HAIRPIN - Classic spot for hit up the clacker. Make sure you redress any contact.

TRACK LIMITS - Drivers cant run wide on the exit of turn 3, into Repsol. Also the chicane is a spot drivers could take advantage. Make sure you stay on track.

Compulsory pit stop - Drivers MUST make a compulsory pit stop at ANY time during the race. You are NOT required to take tires, but may do so if you wish.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT -

ENTRY - Is pretty straight forward, but there have been lots of guys getting pinged for speeding past the control line. You can see the yellow line on the map, so you know where you have to be at 60k... If there are guys in front of you in the lane at the same time, don't hit them into a penalty. If you do, you will have a penalty of you own added to your time.
    EXIT - The exit here is pretty straight forward. Cars on track have right of way on the entry to turn 1, however the car on the LEFT has right of way on the entry to turn 2 IF they are up to race speed. Stay in the pit exit lane till you know you are clear to turn in to turns 1 and 2.

PROTESTS - As always, save your replay, and if there is an issue PLEASE let the mod team know. DO NOT blow up in the forum or on the mic after the race. You have until midnight Monday night to make us aware of your protest. Please remember that we have a hard stance on any abuse, so please do the right thing if you feel something needs to be looked at.

For our new drivers, this is where all the race info will be, if you have any questions, just reply below or send me a PM.

Hope we have a great season, and remember race clean and fair !
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    24/10/21 - Round 2. Silverstone Classic - 5/7/72 - 32 LAPS
    2pm qual - Heavy Cloud
    3pm race start - Medium cloud / light cloud / overcast / heavy cloud
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO

[​IMG]

Ok All,

Good job last week, great to have full grids and from all reports some good racing.

Apologies I haven't been online at all, have a 1000 things going so unfortunately PC2 has had to take a back seat, including prac rooms which i normally run.. Hope everyone is still getting laps in.

This weeks round has been adjusted to use the Silverstone Classic GP track, in a full race sprint format. Ads and i tested various ways to make the rain work, but couldn't quite get it to do what we wanted. Rather than test all tracks, we opted for the classic track and a format we haven't actually run. The track doesn't cater for 16 cars in the pits at the same time, so that took the rain out of the equation.

NOTES FROM LAST WEEK
    - BLUE FLAGS - A reminder to all drivers that if you are getting the blue flags you must move OFF THE RACING LINE as soon as you can to let the leaders through. That would normally be inside 4 corners. A reminder as well that if you are a leader passing a back marker, you do still need to show patience to make the pass cleanly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So ROUND 2 .... This is a fast flowing track, one we havent run before from memory... Should make for some great racing using the draft.

RACE START - Is a compressed grid start on the classic tracks so everybody really needs to be careful getting off the line and through the first half of the race. Turn 1 is fast, so make sure you brake early if you are in the back half of the field and dont mess up your night in the first few corners.

TRACK LIMITS - RACEONOZ uses the curbs to define track limits. If you have wheel on the curb or white line (which defines the track edge) then you are all good. If you run outside of these boundaries with intent to make time, make a pass or make the track shorter, you will be penalized. For 'lazy' track limit breaches we generally look at a 25 second penalty, however for deliberate breaches the penalty could be increased.

CONTACT - Very simply, dont crash into the guy ahead of you and then drive off ! If you make contact (front to rear) and you push another driver off track, you are expected to redress. If you think its a 50/50 call while making a pass then save your replay and pass the info onto the room captain, or mod team (me or Ad2mny) and we will have a look at it. PLEASE don't blow up in the room chat or on the forum. We have found incidents in the past that have looked very different for both drivers.

ABUSE - Abusing other drivers over the mic, in race rooms, in chats on PSN or a forum PM is NOT ALLOWED. If there is an incident on track, you are required to go through the right channels of protest so the stewards group or mod team can look at any incident. We have already banned a few drivers in the past for abuse, and these drivers have not been welcomed back.

ONLINE BANTER - Just a reminder to everyone to be aware of who is in your chat room and what might be appropriate. We do have some younger drivers, and also ladies in the series. ALSO a reminder that those NOT in the chat can still hear you through their TV speakers. That means that people in 'their' homes can hear everything that is being said if there is banter in the game chat. If you have a group of people that want to be a little more 'loose' (for want of a better term) then i would suggest a private chat.

TRACK HOT SPOTS - This track is pretty fast and flowing, only 10 corners so shouldn't be too many issues.
    TURN 10 (last corner chicane). Is probably the biggest spot for trouble as the brake zone is a little blind to the corner. Make sure you redress any contact.

TRACK LIMITS - This track is pretty good at self regulating with the grass on all the track edges. Only spot to take advantage is the final chicane. Make sure you stay on track.

Compulsory pit stop - N/A this round

PIT ENTRY / EXIT - N/A

EXIT - N/A

PROTESTS - As always, save your replay, and if there is an issue PLEASE let the mod team know. DO NOT blow up in the forum or on the mic after the race. You have until midnight Monday night to make us aware of your protest. Please remember that we have a hard stance on any abuse, so please do the right thing if you feel something needs to be looked at.

For our new drivers, this is where all the race info will be, if you have any questions, just reply below or send me a PM.

Hope we have a great season, and remember race clean and fair !

5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    31/10/21 - Round 3. Spa - 12/7/72 - 20 Laps
    6pm Qual - Med Cloud
    7pm Race Start - Light Cloud / Medium Cloud / Heavy Cloud / Clear
    - Time Progression - REAL
    - Compulsory Pit Stop - YES
    - Weather Progression : Sync to race
    [​IMG]

On to Round 3....
    Notes from last round..... there was no protests that came to us, however was pretty clear that there are still some lap 1 issues based on some of the comments i saw.

- On the first lap you really need to stay in your lane until you know you are clear to run a normal race line. That is always a little harder for everyone in the back half of the grid.
    - After 3 rounds everyone should realize you cant squeeze other cars like you can in a tin top... It will always end ugly for at least one of you. Give more room than you normally would.
    I have asked if @whitefalcon63 would be keen to run div one again this week. That gives 16 in div 2 so no need to worry about looking at who might have to miss out. In Div 1 i know that TB is out again and if needed i can sit out if @Thomas Cole wanted to race.

On to Spa, great flowing track for these cars, so there should be some great racing.
    Ill keep this short and sweat as everyone knows the deal....
    -
    Track limits - The obvious as always is Eau Rouge. Any drivers cutting there to make time will be penalized. If you do cut, make sure you dont make a pass until the exit of Turn 11 where any advantage is negated. (unless you have blatantly cut to make bulk time). Also the exit of turn 18 (blanchimont) you must not run to the right of the ripple strip consistently.
    - Track Hot Spots - Turn 1, Entry to Les Combes, Turn 19 (last chicane) are all places where the draft will let you close up on any drivers in front and raise the possibility of rear ending someone. Given the closing speeds in the draft make sure you give room and defend early if you need to.
    - PIT ENTRY - As we all know can be a shocker if you get it wrong. Don't be the guy who spins and blocks the entry.
    - RACE START and LAP 1- This is the elephant in the room, and if you dont get lap 1 right there is a really good chance your night will be ruined early on. For Div 2 i am going to allow @rockynz1234 to start the race with a rolling start and we will see if that stops any of the issues that have been apparent in the first 2 rounds.
    -
    Div 2 Rolling Start - So in Div 2, we will add an extra lap, and then follow the same procedure as we do for the sprint round. Race will start as normal, cars will go single file, and slow to 90klm PH through blanchimont, so everyone is nose to tail.... The race will start as the leader exits onto the front straight. This should give all cars a small gap to get through lap 1 cleanly and give everyone the best chance to 'race' till the end.
    -
    PIT LANE OPENS END LAP 2 - IE, end of the first race lap.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  6. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Are we allowed to pit at the end of the rolling lap?
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ill say no, Pit lane open from start of lap 2.
    micmansour likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    7/11/21 - Round 4. Monza Classic (2 x sprint Races) - 19/7/72
    2pm qual - Med Cloud
    Race 1 - 3pm - 16 laps - 3pm Race Start - clear / light cloud
    Race 2 - 4pm 17 laps (1 x formation) - 4pm Race Start - Med Cloud / Clear
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    [​IMG]

On to the Sprint round..... Fast flowing track so there is plenty of passing opportunities by using the draft.

- The reverse grid procedure remains the same as always has, 1 extra lap, and after the start (dont jump start) drivers will line up in reverse order from race 1.
    - Once in order the lead car will drive at reasonable speed, slowing to 100klm at parabolica, where all cars will be single file.
    - The lead car will start the race on the exit of parabolica, but NO OVERLAP or PASSING until the start finish line
    - NO PIT STOP REQUIRED.
    -
    Track Limits - Track is very good at self regulating track limits. The curbs are a killer and the grass run off will have you facing the wrong way in an instant.

- Track Hotspots - Is a fast flowing track, so if we use our heads there really shouldn't be any contact. 2 Main spots that people have to be wary of are the 2 Lesmos and the brake zone to Parabolica.
    - DIV 2 - Race 1 - start.... Rocky, did you want to do the rolling start for both races ?
    - PIT ENTRY - N/A unless you are serving a penalty !

-
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    28/11/21 - Round 7. Redbull Ring - 9/8/72 - 31 laps
    2pm qual - Med Cloud
    3pm race start - Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear / Med Cloud
    - Time progression - real time
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES

[​IMG]
    Well here we are at the end of yet another season.

I have to apologize for being mostly absent for a lot of this season, work, house renos and 'life' have been in the way this season much more than others.

Thanks to everyone who has kept the grids nice and full, and provided some good racing. The open wheeler has proved to be a bit of a challenge, but we can tick it off the list now and go back to something a little more traditional.

So, redbull Ring is a track we all know... Most don't read this so will just remind of track limits at turn 1 (on the left) of ripple strip... and the exit of Turns 3 and 8. As always drivers must stay on the ripple strip or the white line.

PIT ENTRY - is a nightmare here, so make sure you are aware of cars around you when you try to enter for the compulsory stop
    PIT EXIT - Basic entry, make sure you watch for cars on race laps when you exit the pits.

Good luck to drivers who are in with a shot of the championship. Once we get through this round i will sort through the prize draws for the seasons 15 and 16... We also have the gold members draw we will sort out in the next few weeks.

Cheers stu