GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    WOW, I use a stock Murculago. Takes about 27 minutes.
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yeah did that few weeks back and found it to be a waste of resources having to keep a PC and ps5 on for hours just to farm credits. I'm happy with 5.7million a week by just doing the Tokyo race for 18mins a day. Or if someone really wanted credits they could do 2.7mil an hour with this method.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Update 1.13 suspension geometry algorithm adjustment seems good. Response to braking, especially when already counter steering, seems more intuitive. This is pronounced when drifting and using the hand brake or linking drifts. It's easier to control a drift with the handbrake or catch a flailing back end ;)
    Noxrai, JonoStan96 and gtkingx like this.
  4. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    We got a new track layout at Spa lol. The only difference seems to be the pit exit in a different spot
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Unfortunately the side effect is now the physics on race cars (Gr.3 FR especially) are now almost identical to GT Sport, cars feel completely numb, understeery and lifeless now. :thumbsdown:
    Sports tyres and below still feel amazing though like you said, drifting is more fun than ever!
    gtkingx and KoAStR like this.
  6. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    They've just killed everything that was good about GT7. I just did a few laps of Trial Mountain in the GR4 Supra and instead of having to be careful through the first tunnel you can just nail the throttle flat and not even a hint of movement. So now we have GT Sport but with :):):):) lobbies :mad:
    JonoStan96 and KoAStR like this.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's disappointing :(
    Only done drifting so far and did notice I had to mash the throttle alot more.
    Hopefully they'll moderate the adjustment in the next update?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Well if they don't change it back to how it was, I don't see the point in the new game. I was enjoying the challenge the new physics presented, now I'm immediately back to where I was with GT sport and bored with it. I really can't believe they stuffed this whole thing up so badly to begin with, to make this change now is about the final straw
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Change it back! Change it back! Change it back!
    Better get on the horn and let PD know.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have to agree overall preferred it before the 1.13 update. I was really enjoying driving 4wd cars on tarmac before the update. Like the R32 and 22B. Even on sports tyres you had to moderate throttle inputs and the cars were very responsive. Now not so much. Back to the old GT5 plowing understeer, then point and shoot.

Weight transfer to the front in the Gr1 R92CP Nissan Calsonic is almost non-existent.
    JonoStan96 and gtkingx like this.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I Hate this Covid Day 7 and still feeling Sick as.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    So sorry to hear you gat Covid, were you vaccinated?
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Yes fully 7 in the family 6 of us got it
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My sister in law caught it on her holiday in Denmark, she was fully vaccinated but says it still knocked her about and she still isn't fully well. I hope you and your family recover quickly.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I haven't tried patch 1.13 yet. Away at work. Sounds like Polyphony was listening to the groans of players complaining about the snap oversteer (including me). I honestly think they were close to something really special pre patch. They just needed to fine tune that oversteer tendency and give the cars some lovely slip angle dynamics and we would have had a winner.

But it seems they have swung too hard towards Gt Sport physics. I'll have a go of it in the license tests once I'll get back. That should be a good determination of how it has effected some of the harder controlling cars (I'm looking at you R8 at Deep Forrest :cautious:)
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It seemed to me cars like the R8 were a setup issue rather than a physics issue. The mid-engine GR3's in particular were mostly set on a knife edge, big turn in oversteer and also snap oversteer on acceleration. But if it was a physics issue, the FR cars would have also had snap oversteer which they didn't. Now the FR's are lifeless even on RH tyres, on RS you can just throw the car around and it stays stuck.

I guess this is the problem when you mess up a game release and upset everyone trying to leech money out of players and then have to back peddle. Instead of properly assessing the physics they've just turned down the physics to quiet the noise from the crowd

It's depressing driving the season car now, previously it was hard to do consistent lap times because of the tendency to slide and lose time, now it's just lap after boring lap within a few tenths
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What about the Boatmer, I mean the Beamer gt3? It was pretty bad with it's snap.

I agree, a lot of the issues with the MR cars are due to their horrible base setup. I ended up doing a tune on the R8 gt3 very early on and got it feeling amazing and pretty darn stable. But that was just hiding their underlying issues with the majority of the oversteery physics.

Some corners amplify the effect. Applying the accelerator out of a corner shouldn't be white knuckle inducing for most race cars. Especially gt3 cars.
    Real world gt3 cars are made to be driven by gentlemen drivers. That is, people who don't necessarily have the outright talent of the professionals but have the money to pay to race.
    If the cars behaved like they did pre patch I don't think even Elon Musk could afford the damage bills and carnage there would be every race :laugh:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Real world GT3 drivers all use TCS too because the cars clearly have the power to spin the wheels up, even on RH tyres the GR3 Supra is glued to the road.

In the Supra GR4 car with RH tyres it's all but impossible to lose traction except understeer from simply being too fast into the corner, you can hold 3rd gear flat over the crest out of the first tunnel at Trial Mountain where you used to have to use half throttle or the car would oversteer, you can slam the accelerator to the floor around the top of the hill at Big WIllow and zero traction loss, it's just dead. They've removed all reaction to weight transfer

Having driven some more tonight, I think the physics are even worse than GT Sport now, at least on RH tyres the cars had some ability to spin wheels when lateral force applied with hard acceleration in Sport
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah by the sounds of it they went too far the other way. Which is unfortunate. I did enjoy the challenge of cars pre patch and how lively the cars were. Let's hope Polyphony keep a pulse on the situation and keep trying to improve the physics
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Many of the groans I've seen on GTplanet are from controller users who didn't feel good about essentially 'having' to use TCS.
    But that's crazy, that's exactly what it's for! As is added wings to cars without, and a tonne of downforce to cars that can.

Case in point. My father used to build licensed AC cobra replicas with LS3s. Once they supercharged them they were so light and punchy they HAD to start selling them with traction control systems to stop the owners crashing them........... News flash. Powerful RWD cars actually do try and kill you when you use the throttle!

Totally agree with the Gr3 cars on RH, can't even spin it up in first gear out of a corner. Where the reality is many IRL would be driving with some level of TCS. Perhaps an avenue to explore is tuning back in the over steer to get some 1.13 feeling back i.e. reduce wing downforce, increase diff lock and initial torque. But I am doubtful it will go far enough given how my experience of being able to throttle mash low speed corner exits in 1st/2nd gear without even countersteering.

Though I would be interested to try wet racing in Gr1 cars and above again. When I drove LeMans in the wet even with maximum TSC the car would loop out in straight line even with moderate throttle.