GT7 Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    was a fun race with a second podium and first 2nd place,

was on for pole as I was 0.2 up until the last corner where whizz was much faster great job whizz on pole 0.050 off you at the end.
    race started well putting the pressure on whizz as much as i could then lap 2 he went off and went straight through. was leading for 18 laps then whizz got me, managed fuel to make sure I could come out in a nice spot once I pitted was behind highstakes at about 3 sec was closing the gap then got a stupid penalty for ignoring yellow flags when there was just no time to react as I was focusing on the gap in front and behind, put me in the range of peersy to overtake me after that there was no chance to win just had to keep peersy behind.
    congrats to @HighStakes123 and @UrsineSaturn9 good race all cant wait for round 2 hopefully well be long battle for the championship
  2. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Thanks @UrsineSaturn9 . I had a reasonable run and was lucky to miss a few incidents gaining positions starting from 9th. I had okay race pace holding off Ursine but despite adding fuel past the diamond on lap 26, and I hadn't paid close enough attention to my fuel usage after the pit stop as I was trying so hard to catch @Aiden_1120 for 2nd. A race that could have been. I'll settle with 4th.
    Overall really good racing last night to be honest, very competitive, challenging and intense.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I must admit as an overall the night went reasonably well.
    We didn't have any room issues, aside from the lack of lobby options...
  4. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
    Some thing I didn’t do and it showed. I qualified 12 almost last. , was able to go a full second quicker by about lap 20.
    Which would of put me right up the pack in qualifying. Good to see 14 competitors and hope everyone stays the season.
    Had a good start made 3 positions by end of lap 1 were unforgettable coming on to the main straight I was up besides Anders when I was touched from behind ever so lightly but enough to unsettle my car and push me into Anders beaching him and subsequently beaching myself and ruining the race for 5 of us. Oh well bring on next week .
    I will make sure I practice as I hate big willow. .
    Did have a good battle with Anders mid race.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I confess, I was the one who touched you, unfortunately it caused you to contact anders, with me leaning on your right rear and your left front striking anders it caused anders to run wide off the track and you to go into a tank slapper, your tank slapper then hit my left rear as I passed and sent me across eccles front bumper as I speared off into the out side wall.
    I apologize to all affected by my crude attempt at an inside pass. Fortunately it was me that came off worst, justice, by the time I got going the rest of the field was into the next post code and my race became very lonely. I did come up behind beats on lap2 as he rejoined from an off at turn four, I thought I was going to clear him on the inside be he came across to the middle of the track and I speared off his tail and into the wall again.
    Overall a dismal performance from me and a very lonely race as the only time I saw other cars was as I passed some off track or some passed me when I ran off track a few more times trying to get closer to anybody ahead of me.
    I was nearly lapped and it was my worst night for a very long time. It also occurred to me that the GTSport S18 div 2 champ and runnner up were last and 2nd last in GT7 S1 div2.
    Ben Campbell and Peersy like this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    C'est la course @emmo46. And remember, we aren't playing for sheep stations.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I know. I had been careful up to that point, losing two places over the first third of the lap. When we got to the final turn there was a bit of jostling and the two cars ahead seemed to be running wide with a big hole to the inside, I instinctiively went for it but it closed and there was the gentlest touch that resulted in chaos. My bad, hopefully I can do better next week.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    In going over the replay, I noticed several incidents where by odd things happened.
    An off that included Hat and Monstar was really weird (will be in the highlights reel I've put together) an another one that involved BC and Hat (although this looked like BC hit the grass with too much turn in, there might have been something else at play).
    Given Hat was making his car really wide with wonderful side to side actions, I wonder if there was something else at play that may have made these incidents worse than they could have been.
  9. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Yes the replay shows some funny stuff.
    @UrsineSaturn9 when I took a gamble and went inside at turn 1 to grab a position, the replay showed a invisible bump to your car (if using the variable camera from the outside) but during the race incar it seemed fine. Did you actually feel a bump?
    I probably shouldn't have attempted there but glad we both got through unscathed :)

Looking forward to this Sunday. Big Willy vibes
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I did the same to Hat at T1, got through, but it was sketchy. Rubbing is racing right :)
    Peersy and emmo46 like this.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I felt a small rub. I tried not to get too excited
  12. Aiden_1120

PSN ID
    When’s the highlight reel coming
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Tonight hopefully.
    It takes time to get the video segments, then smash it all together into something that resembles a video, then wait for the upload and youtube to host it. It'll be tonight unless something prevents me from doing that this afternoon when I get home from work.
  14. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Where can we find your highlights once completed
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    It will be here once the YouTube's have it.
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    And here it is. Highlights of S1 D2 Race 1.
    My first highlights in ages.
  17. Aiden_1120

PSN ID
    Awesome job. Glad you didn’t show my penalty
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Great video mate, thanks for highlighting my fuel calculation error!
    Aiden_1120 and Matthyus like this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Your welcome! ;)
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    It was interesting to note that the lag jitter shows up in the replays. I guess the game is essentially rendering car position data that it saved within the replay and that if that data was missing due to network lag, the replay simply reflects that.
    Aiden_1120 and Peersy like this.