GT7 Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2022.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'll be there
    gtkingx likes this.
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

At this point I am in
    gtkingx likes this.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: Mount Panorama - S05 Misty, Cloudless and Sunny - Late Morning - 20 Laps - 5/6
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 1 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Because we cannot change room settings or reset the room, please do not run any laps until the room captain gives the go ahead for qualifying to begin.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

RACE START SETTING :
    There have been lots of issues recently surrounding false start check and an inconsistent ‘lights out’ point for the grid.
    Room Captains are encouraged to use false start check if possible (test this in a practice start prior to qualifying), Failing that

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are on so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - MOUNT PANORAMA:
    A RaceOnOz season is never complete without Bathurst (so some say). Be aware that there is a huge lack of overtaking areas and utmost respect should be given at the top of the mountain to ensure any left field overtaking maneuvers come off without someone ending up in the wall. There are no areas of concern for track limits at Mount Panorama (Except straight lining after skyline).
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    2 1/2 hours to race time and only 3 drivers ... we're postponing the race

To even keep up in this division i have to do some practice during the week and I'm not going to continue doing that just to have the race cancelled due to a lack of drivers. So I'm pulling out for the season or until people start turning up again which I assume will be after the wheel problems are sorted
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I feel like the whole test season idea might be worth a look into. Use the best drivers we have to figure out what works and what doesn't in this game, maybe start testing dynamic weather for next season too.
  6. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Ye
    Yeah its a bit sad when people sign up and don't even bother turning up on the weekend or let us know they cant race. I'm usually there every weekend but I've been called away on a family emergency. It sucks when you practice for a race and you can't race like last week, hopefully things change
    stucar17 and gtkingx like this.
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I find it hard be motivated since the changes in this last update tho, honestly rather play GT sport atm way this game going
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If div 1 is low on drivers I can join to make up the numbers. For me last in div 1 is slightly better than last in div 2.
  9. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Div 1a and div1b if people want a shot on div 1
    groover33 likes this.
  10. Rangeraus

I don't mind if people don't or can't race for whatever reason, but... if you sign up for the season (i.e. not as a reserve) in the first place, then surely that should be taken as an assumption that you will be racing in every round until stated otherwise?

The fact we have to assume there won't be enough people to race unless people opt-in, seems pretty backwards to me. It's also pretty annoying for people who cut laps (or otherwise could have made plans on a Sunday night) to see it cancelled... again
    KoAStR, stucar17, Aiden_1120 and 4 others like this.
  11. ReynHC

ReynHC New Recruit

PSN ID
    ReynnHC
    Yeah thats me done for the season. base is broken, seperate to the issues of gt7. Base won't calibrate after the tiniest bit of use, how annoying, sorry guys. Just spent all the money on pedals after that just to have this happen next.
  12. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Lag issue that hampered high speed ring round looks like a one off. bathurst went fine
    KoAStR likes this.
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    The only change we made was grid start only not false start
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    How many people race tonight?
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Div 1, none.
    Div 2, 14.
    Rangeraus likes this.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I probably should have divulged this much earlier but I will be in the United States for the rest of this season. I didn't say anything on account of the fact that I intended to do much better in the opening races and didn't want the field to know I wasn't going to be accumulating any points in the last few rounds.

As it turned out, I did poorly anyway so I could have advised this a lot earlier, but oh well.

I'm in the United States for at least the next three months so I wish everyone the best with the game and hope it improves soon. I'll be back here racing later in the year.
    --------
    Here's a review of my season:
    I knew this season would be tough for me on account of not doing Sunday league for about 2 years I believe. The fact that the physics changed before the opening race did not help on account of me not being able to play the game as frequently as I used to. To this day, this league's races are the only multiplayer races I've done on the new physics. Secondly, I think the physics have been supremely neutered by lowering rear axle weight distribution. The former physics very much felt like iRacing which I'm familiar with but now the rear-end is planted just like it's been in Gran Turismo since GT5. That's a massive step back for a game and a franchise that is losing its relevance among stiff competition in the modern racing sim marketplace. I hoped GT7 would be a step forward but after the physics patch it's been nothing but a step back since GT Sport, which already took a step back after its own physics patch (in 2018 I think it was?).

For my own season, I started poorly in the open races by dipping tyres in the dirt and spinning. Of course, these results were my own doing and I'm not making excuses for those but moreover I want to provide an explanation for the teething issue I had in the opening two races; my personal opinion is that the regulations for x1 tyre wear means racing in Division 1 is an elongated sprint race from start to finish. Any limited semblance of tyre conservation that may exist in this game on higher wear rates are completely gone at x1 on hard tyres, leaving zero scope to drive at anything less than 100% all the time. Fuel wear is just a meta-game that does not impact how hard you push the tyres, but at least fuel wear did have some relevance this season. The problem with Gran Turismo at the moment is the lack of tyre temperatures. After the initial sector on cold tyres, the tyres never go cold or overheat. That means there is no risk or reward for pushing your tyres at certain points in a race. When you compare that to iRacing where driving style and setup determines whether tyres are in the temperature window for optimal grip, it's hard to consider x1 wear anything but sprint racing. Those are my honest excuses for my poor form in the opening races; the guys in this division that can stay in the zone mentally for 45 minutes to drive at 100% are supremely skilled and I have nothing but respect for everyone in division 1 this season. This is a hard season to drive at peak performance. I knew all this going into the season and deliberately wanted to improve my mental stamina so I have unfinished business in that regard.

From round 3 onwards, I will say that the turnout for the sprint round was very disappointing. Something needs to be done because ROOZ has had attendance issues to varying extents for the last decade, but I can't remember anything quite as dire as the top division in the opening season on a new game entry having such a drastic collapse after two rounds. Of course, the update had a lot to do with it, but I do not believe that other leagues have this problem to the same degree that we do, and I may be wrong in that assessment. The fact that drivers cannot show up despite the issues with the latest update just because they feel a moral obligation to show up for their fellow drivers is the main issue, I think. The fact that there's a livestream of our league and we can't field a grid in division 1 yet division 2 seems to be full indicates to me that there is something wrong with how we entice and motivate top drivers in Gran Turismo. The regulations have been stagnant for about 11 years or so and while this season might be sufficient for lower divisions, maybe division 1 needs innovation and fresh ideas to separate Sunday league from racing that we do routinely in Sport mode (ie. Gr4, Gr3) every other day. Gran Turismo is a sandbox game with huge potential for variety. Many of you here already know how strongly I've advocated for innovation for years and years. You could see my GT7 ideas thread here: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt7-future-seasons-ideas-thread.4211/

To that end, I have been cooking up a community series for the past year, and I'll be sharing that with the community after I return from the United States. That'll be several months away but hopefully should be run around Christmas 2022 pending a variety of factors including patches. Unfortunately, the game needs many more patches to be in a proper state to run a community series so there's a lot more waiting to be done.

I really hoped to put in a strong performance personally at the sprint round, but that couldn't happen. It sucks not being able to address the teething issue I had with mental stamina in the opening rounds by attending the sprint round with the race length cut in half and being held at a track without grass/dirt but that's life. With the fourth round also postponed, my season was decidedly below par and I wish I could have put in a performance at least somewhat indicative of my pace. It's a massive shame, but I wonder whether this season is a complete wash for all division 1 drivers at this point anyway. I doubt rounds 3 or 4 will be re-run at all and I hope this season and the game generally gets into better shape sooner rather than later.
    --------
    Peersy likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No problem. Hopefully today's update fixes the FFB issues a lot of division 1 drivers were experiencing.
    Division 2 didn't have a drop off in drivers as I believe we have far less of them using these top tier wheels that were affected
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Feedback is back, so I am back too :)
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Im back 100%
  20. Rangeraus

For Division 1, should we consider changing the Enduro next weekend to 2x 45 minute races?
    Just asking as we're 2 rounds behind the other divisions at the moment