GT7 Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Congrats Leeboy you raced clean and where really fast, awesome fun this season everybody made it very enjoyable can't wait for next season !!!!!
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    ok I will have a look :thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Thanks, I'd help but I'm not feeling like waching 11 cars 22 times eacho_O
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Congrats to leeboy on the season win and to the runners ups.
    Nice race last night, was consistently running 2.11s, just not on the pace compared to some others out there (we wont talk about what D1 drivers were achieving LOL).
    I think I had 3 nasty crashes which really didn't help me but overall happy with result., good racing guys. Looking forward to the next season, hopefully we get another fun car!
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I wrote that down wrong sorry, should have been a 2:09.278 instead of 2:10.278.

Fastest laps were:
    Blunty - 2:09.278
    leeboy - 2:09.293
    SirDids - 2:09.376

I do it by checking the lap time when they cross the finish line (it will stay on screen) - it will display their final lap time plus the delta to their fastest lap to that point (unless their fastest is on the final lap). So the FL can be calculated from there (until it is included in a results screen).
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

So when is the next season? LOL
    Dash_Vanguard and Matthyus like this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Likely about the 9th or 16th of October. Pushing any later would be getting super close to Xmas and things get dicey about then
    Mirkz2010 and Easyprey007 like this.
  8. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    This entire season has been an experiment for me. Trying to work my way from TC3 to TC0.
    Most of my races have been good, however I notice when I make a mistake or 2, it costs me too much. Last night was a good example.
    I spun out on the starting grid and lost 45 seconds turning around. My headphones disconnected. I stuffed up badly trying to fix it. I then raced 17 laps really well. 2:11- 2:13 every lap. I got into 12th. I would've been happy to hold that for the rest of the race but had another bad stuff up.
    It's fun but it would be more fun if my race is not all but over after the lst 30 seconds of each race.
    I'm going to give it another season to see if I can have some good results. If I don't improve, I'm not sure how much disappointment I can take. I'd be happy if I finish in the middle of the pack. I was doing that a bit on TC3 but some people in other groups made me feel like an idiot for using that setting.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'd recommend that you aim for smaller incremental drops on TC. I ran TC1 for most of this season as this car was very back end happy. Most seasons I run TC0. I'd work on getting turn in over using less TC. This will depend on the car, but slow in fast out.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

I know how you feel. This season was the first time I played with the TC as well. Last season I just played with the default settings from what I can recall.
    This season after a night spent practicing with Eccles, TC was a topic that came up and he suggested trying to take it down to TC1. Which I thought felt great for the most part. I briefly tried 0 during some practice for Bathurst, but I changed it back because it was so difficult for me as it was I didn't need to worry about it stepping out.

I ran TC0 during this race though and like you, my first start on 0 saw me slide out sideways, thankfully I corrected/back off enough I didn't lose it completely but it set me back a bit. A few stuff ups saw me spin out like you say, whereas TC1 would've kept me on track more than likely for at least 1-2 of those spins.
    The part I hate is when you've spun out it doesn't want to spin up to correct it and you have to 50 point turn out of some walls/areas to get going. (easy enough to spin when you don't want it to but hard as hell when you do want it to - I know it's probably my bad driving/lack of skills but still frustrating!).

One thing that was really interesting to me in this race was just seeing those D1 drivers and their blistering pace. Not only that but seeing their lines and turn in points etc was quite educational.
    I don't race with others often enough, usually it's just our weekly race meets, so I don't get to pick up these things but seeing one of the guys' lines for the turn after the bridge I was like... whoa... they're on another level. The positioning on the track was so far over to the right I didn't even think it possible before. So I started to practice it throughout the race and sometimes I'd hit it pretty good (or good for me), other times I'd over/under shoot it. Would be good to have this kind of thing a bit more as practice for the main events :)
  11. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Mirkz, Fat.
    Run all the tc you want.
    Real racecars have it, definitely use it off the line, can flick it off during race.
    I start in second gear, car hooks up punch first and go.
    Or get taken out by a slidey guy :whistling:
    You guys done great, turn up do your thing and look to improve.
    It's your race drive it as you see fit.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    possibly 16/10 start
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  13. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Yeah, I didn't go from TC3 - TC0 in one hit. I did go down to 2, then to 1 over a period of time.
    It's tough because I know TC3 is slower but at least I can stay on track mostly
  14. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Sometimes the consistency pays off though. The amount of races I've come unstuck on because of a crash or the like where I would've gained a position or two just by staying on the track. Could perhaps even be worthwhile for me to increase the TC myself to try minimise those.
    Dybo and Dash_Vanguard like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Season 2 of GT7 done and dusted.

Thank you to everyone who participated and assisted with the setup and running of the season.

Congratulations to Division 3 winner @leeboy910
    and to runner up @Ozglenn

Season 3 Entry thread is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gran-turismo-7-season-3-entry-thread.4807/

and the car vote is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt7-season-3-car-vote.4810/

Also I have a community series almost ready to debut on Thursday nights in a variety of road cars (with nitrous) here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gauging-interest-take-it-to-the-street-gt7.4687/
    leeboy910 and Matthyus like this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Thanks @Hatfield, most enjoyable season I've ever had! Great bunch of blokes, top bants and some clean and fun racing.
    Beats143 and Matthyus like this.
  17. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Hi all,

The Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car is current available in Used Cars for 114900 credits. The car (in my opinion) is pretty fun to drive, so would be good if everyone could buy one while it's in stock and then it can be an option for any future seasons.

[​IMG]
    Kieran_B33 likes this.