Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    How straightforward is this to do on the fly?
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    easy if the drivers are on chat, bit more difficult otherwise. lots difficult if the drivers identify as cats
    George, Kieran_B33 and Hatfield like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    First race is bog standard.
    Run Qually, Take your picture, then start the race.
    Complete race 1 :)

IMPORTANT - Take your Race completion screenshots, Share these with the psn lobby so someone can tell you the order.

You will be ejected back to the lobby, from here go to Edit Event settings
    Work your way down to the setting, Generally set to Fastest First.
    Change it to Set by Host.
    If you use Qualification mode, you'll need to change this to Practise / Race, as you don't want another Qualification mode.
    Save / Change Settings

IMPORTANT - Ensure ALL drivers are Green ticked!! Otherwise you can't select them.

Under the 'Start button', there will be another setting now to alter the grid.
    Using the screenshots shared earlier, have someone tell you the order from last to first.
    In GT7, you have to press X to select the driver to move and X to place them. You'll work it out.
    Once done, go back to the lobby and start the race.

Pretty sure that's all you should need to know.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    if you want to have a practice just let me know a time over the weekend, we can set up a two lapper or something
    T-GT_Racing, RBRHoges97 and Matthyus like this.
  5. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Just trying to wrap my head around this, so its just two races instead of the one with the bog standard GT 10 min qualifier?
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    2 shorter races.
    Race 1 - 10 minutes qualifying, usual grid start, drive it like you stole it. Full points per finish place.
    Race 2 - no qualifying, reverse grid based on result of race 1. Drive it like you stole it. Half points per finish place.
    Round placing based on cumulative points.
    Matthyus likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    My front tyres are pretty much non-existent after 16 laps of DILYSI
    Kieran_B33 and Matthyus like this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 5: Sardegna Road Track B - Preset Weather - S05, Misty, Cloudless and Sunny 4x - Late Morning - 2x 16 Laps - 19/03 (Sprint Round) [RS ONLY]

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 4 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:15 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:25pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored liberally across the circuit.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1, Stay hard right and hold your line.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Sardegna B

One of GTs finest ever fantasy circuits, Sardegna B promotes close racing at every bend, with lots of major passing opportunities and the ability to run around the outside very regularly. The sprint round as well offers a new format, with race 1 being a half distance full points race, and race 2 being a reverse grid awarding half points, your round result will be based off the points you are awarded!

The tire allocation for this round is RS ONLY.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  9. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I’ve screenshot this, so we should be ok haha thanks
  10. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Round 5
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Matthyus and Kieran_B33 like this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    That was quite fun
    Quali: I thought i had pole but @RBRHoges97 pipped me at the 11th hour.
    Race 1: I had a shocker on lap 1 plus finding the sand at T1 on lap 2 put me down to 5th & RBRH was the early leader. Got past @ControllaGod and was running 4th in the pack when RBR found the sand on the outside of turn 8 which was unfortunate for him. Had some good battles with @incey & @T-GT_Racing and managed to take the lead but on turn 1 of the 2nd last lap i understeered into the sand and had to settle for 3rd. But it was a fun race with some good battles with everyone in the top 5.
    Race 2: Starting from 10th on the reversed grid I got a good start and made some really good progress around the outside of turn 1 and put a decent amount of cars between me and the rest of the top 5 from the previous race. I got past @Rebort for 3rd then worked on @Tk31 and @Thefat111 once i got past TheFat for 1st i built a solid gap over him but to his credit despite finishing last in race 1 he held that 2nd place for quite a long time against some fast runners. Not much happened for me after that and i took home the reverse grid race win.
  12. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Well, after race 1, I was questioning my future with online racing. I race well when there's no cars around. As soon as I caught up to Rebort, something happened in the attempted pass or when he was just behind me. Just could not make any progress.
    Because of that, I started first in race 2. I fully expected to be near the back after 1 lap. To my surprise, I cleared the first corner with quite some distance and was still in first place at lap 2, not for long. To my even greater surprise, I held 2nd spot until lap 10 or 11. I don't know what was happening behind me, but I was racing as well as I can. Dropped third around lap 12.
    All the faster guys were starting to catch up, much later than expected. I had one bad mistake on the second last lap and lost 3 or 4 spots.

What a different experience it was. I've never been at the front fighting for a podium finish with faster guys. I might’ve been guilty of driving slower towards the end to avoid stuffing up, but "one meets his destiny on the path he takes to avoid it".

Closing thoughts, it continues to be fun, I just really struggle passing cars and even going into a corner when someone is on my butt, something always happens. Having said that, I noticed the faster guys are better at avoiding incidents, I just don't settle into a track until the race has started. I get minimal practice and qualify near the bottom every time.
    I can't expect too much because I only play it on Sunday night.
  13. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Meanwhile, the thing i got out of that race was that I struggle to compensate my racing lines for worn tyres. More races with tyre wear on for me!
    Matthyus and T-GT_Racing like this.
  14. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I had a lot of fun in that race, it was like I said in the chat, sprint rounds are like the ODI vs Test match. Everyone flying along trying to make that extra place.

First race I found myself in first on the last lap, but that dreaded final corner cost me and took second.
    Second race I made maybe one or two fumbles, so while I was able to make up a bunch of places just couldn't manage a podium second time round.

Definitely the most laughs I've had in a race thus far.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Matthyus, ControllaGod and RBRHoges97 like this.
  15. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    Was a great night of racing and with a great bunch of fellow racers!
    Was surprised with the quali and pole as my session did not start as planned, left the pit last for space but soon had traffic so eased off to create the fresh air and then push on the very last quali lap and managed to pip Kieran, sorry mate :D
    The start of race 1 was the best I've ever started especially with the pole and maintaining a suitable gap, however Hogie Hoges excitement took over, stuffed up braking and gears to take some holiday time at "Manly Beach", sand trap turn 8 to recover 5th with a fast approach Arnold but I think Arnold had a spin as he dropped back at some point and I ended up 5th, so not too bad all considering.
    Race 2 was better than expected and good battles/racing across the division and ending up with 2nd. I think Kieran must have been on the red bull as he was flying which he did from turn 1, lap 1, congrats.
    As I said a great nights racing with good banter, well done all. Will miss the next race at Interlagos, good luck to all.
    Thanks for hosting T-GT, Cheers Hoges
    incey, T-GT_Racing, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  16. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I can relate to this. Most races, I don't make many proper overtakes at all. I'd say I'm too cautious and afraid to cause a collision, even if I'm a lot faster than the car ahead. I seem to gain most of my positions from other cars making mistakes, and I'm definitely prone to making my own mistakes when I see cars catching me and the gap getting smaller and smaller.

I'd also say that you get out what you put in. Normally I only start practicing on Sunday night as well, but last week at Deep Forest, I practiced all throughout the week and I ended up winning which felt great. Plus I made sure to practice on worn tyres since that has been a big struggle this season.

Oh, and one more thing that helped me, was trying some regular online races in Sport mode. If you haven't done much of this than I'd suggest giving it a try. I hadn't played any Sport mode since GT Sport, so doing this gave me back some confidence with close racing, in a much lower stakes setting compared to league racing.
  17. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I've actually found that racing with you lot has made me better at Sport mode.

It's how I get my "fix" during the week.
  18. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Congrats on racing and holding your own out of your comfort zone, you've certainly improved.
    Get your lines dialed in and speediness will follow.
    incey and Matthyus like this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    THIS!
    Chip away at it. Aim for no mistakes. Don't be concerned with speed to start with.
    Once at no mistakes, or minimal, then you can begin to work on better lines, opening the corners up and gaining time.

I started my journey with Rooz 5 years ago..
    In D4. In my first race, I punted the room host off the track :) Poor @pat65
    It took about 6 seasons before I managed to snag myself a championship trophy.
    I've been a bridemaid for so many more than I could count.
    But the underlying truth throughout that journey, consistency is key.
    Learning to push the car on the track is next.
    Doing both of those will net you results.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I had a great night, good crowd, clean racing, well hosted. T gt passes me better than i pass anyone, bit jealous tbh. The psych out takedown on the last corner was hilarious, you talked yourself into it but I knew that mirrors full of me helped reinforce your doubts about the final turn, great racing though. Well done to all the podium finishers, I think i may have done enough to get the overall but even so, race one was my first win on GT7, first win in VR, first win without having beers during the race....I could go on... here's some links to the vr stream if any one is interested. The end of race one and the first few laps of race two are probably the highlights. The audio only captured my part of the banter unfortunately, with permission I'll change that to include everyone. Let me know how you feel about that.
    Race 1
    Race 2