Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Actually practiced a bit during the week with race settings. Pretty happy with the final race results. Realized though that practice by itself sometimes isn't enough and its worthwhile learning braking points as well from guides/turning on the racing line which i'll try for next season. Opposite to TGT my cautious (sometimes too cautious) driving style benefited immensely from the new physics and i find its actually easier to drive faster than i did before with the update.

Cheers to @RBRHoges97 for making me sweat for about 5 laps. Eventually psyched me out and i screwed up a corner. Gotta work on focusing on the track ahead and not the rear view mirror.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Were the words psych out take down muttered? :)
    @incey
    Tk31 and incey like this.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Well I was supposed to practice after the F1 and before the NRL but with all the red flag delays I ended up with no practice time.
    In quali I was lingering down the back struggling to put a lap together until i bolted on the slicks and moved up to 3rd.
    In the race I was the first to put on the slicks but i cut the entry line so ended up with a 3 second penalty with made my undercut advantage null and void. I may of bolted on the second set of slicks too early but in the end i finished 3rd which i was pretty happy with.

My tyres this round
    Front left : :mad: Front right: :unsure: Rear left & right: :)
  4. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Firstly, I wanna say that I felt really bad for Daraygun/Nuggy who started on slicks and had to pit instantly. I would've been happy to restart for them, but wasn't brave enough to call it out since I was in first.

I was surprised with my qualifying. I put slicks on as the track dried up, but was really hesitant doing my lap and held back a little bit, since almost everyone was still on the inters. I thought maybe slicks weren't allowed, or maybe I'd be stuck starting on slicks. Anyway, started P2 and got a good start, holding the lead for the first 10 laps or so.

I have a squash ball stuffed behind my brake pedal to give more feel and resistance when braking, and at this point of the race, the squash ball came loose and fell out (hadn't happened before). I tried to get it back in while driving, which I eventually did, and was still in the lead if I remember correctly. I ended up needing to take the ball back out though since it reset the braking input level once it fell out, leading to some pretty erratic driving for a couple of laps. I had to stick with the stock pedal, which is pretty horrible to drive, plus I haven't used that setup since I got the pedals. Probably cost me 30 secs, plus was down on lap time for the rest of the race.

That's probably really confusing to everyone, so basically, I had a fair bit of trouble with my my brake pedal which cost me a lot of time/points. That's my second 'mechanical' problem for this season after my wheel disconnected on me at the start of the Road Atlanta enduro and had to race the whole thing unprepared with a controller.

I've had a great time racing with everyone this season. It's definitely had it's ups and downs for me. Looking forward to next season.
    incey, Matthyus and Kieran_B33 like this.
  5. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Now I'm just confused, I assumed with the name ControllaGod, you were actually using a controller haha

Regarding wheelbase disconnecting, get yourself an active USB extension cable. I was having the same issue, lost 30+ seconds at Nurb last season for the exact same reason, this sorted it though.
    incey and Matthyus like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he was so good with the controller we had to nerf him with a wheel
  7. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Hahaha, yeah, the name is from back in the PS3 days of mostly playing COD and I've just kept it. I appreciate the tip with the cable, although I think it was more of a problem with the wiring or maybe the plug, rather than the length. It hasn't happened since that one time though, so it seems like it might be all good.

ssshhhh :speechless:
    Matthyus and T-GT_Racing like this.
  8. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    the T3PA thrustmaster pedals have brake pedal mods which are just rubber domes that bolt into place. Unsure what setup you have though. I use it at the moment but loaded cell pedals would be aces
  9. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I have mixed feelings with the final race.
    I raced great. No stuff ups. All my laps were similar except I copped a penalty on both pits.
    I was kind of hoping there would be a few more mistakes from others but everyone must've gone ok.
    Really happy with my consistency but disappointed with my result.
    Probably would've been last of not for Nuggy.
    Thanks Nuggy lol
  10. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Tk31, T-GT_Racing and ControllaGod like this.
  11. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    Easyprey007 likes this.