Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Dont forget the Lube
    Ozglenn likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So many strategy options tonight.
    Too good @groover33
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Happy with a podium after last night.

Started the race in second gear, almost dead last by T1. Few small scuffles with Hatfield and the chicane.
    Cameron Neame and Hatfield like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    A messy/scappy night for me.

Surprised myself in qualifying to put in a decent lap for =4th with @leeboy910 but his was recorded first, so I lined up 5th.

Started ok and have little recollection of the first few laps.
    Things I do remember:
    -@Noremac went off at the chicane and rejoined in front of me and I had no where to go, so I went into the back of him and he speared off. Really sorry that happened.
    -heading up out of turn one, changed gear from 4th... to 6th :( @xlxy90 then had a run to pass around the outside of the left hander and in my confusion I missed the apex and effectively bumped him into the wall
    -feeling a massive loss of grip in my tyres and haemorrhaging 3 positions in a few corners
    -fun battle with @Matthyus that basically meant I slowed myself up and @dunamotornz was able to pass me
    -tight battle with @Ian Cannan where I held him up for awhile until he fell away and leeboy passed him and had a crack at me, but held him to the line

So I guess 8th was ok, as I didn't deserve anything higher (and probably didn't deserve 8th anyway lol)
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Mixed bag for me again. I considered a one stop and probably should've done it in retrospect, but went with a med/soft/soft. Qualified fourth which was a nice surprise, and was up to third through the first corner.
    Had a slight moment at the bus stop and copped an almighty whack from behind which put me way out wide and down a place. Dirty tyres for the rest of the lap meant I lost another couple of spots.
    I pitted on lap 10 and fuelled the car to the finish. Probably should've done that on the second stop!
    Had an almighty moment at that damn bus stop again but kept it out of the wall.
    Had a good battle with Kanna before pitting again on 17. I had really good pace during the last stint and managed to grab a couple of spots back before narrowly missing out on passing Hatfield on the last lap.
    Not a bad race, but not a good one either.
    Cameron Neame and Matthyus like this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My race was a complete waste of time, I put in some practice as I have had some pace here in the past but it wasn't to be last night. When I got into the room I did a couple of laps and was about my best times from practice but disappointed to see I was about 3 seconds of the front pace. I went for a 10 Lap RS and 14 lap RM strategy hoping to at least keep some of the other tail enders in site on my RS tyres. It worked for about 4 laps while they sorted themselves out and I was able to keep close to them. After that they seemed to settle in and my tyres were losing their grip and from about lap 6 they started disappearing rapidly.
    Towards the end of my RS stint some others pitted and I made up some places but they quickly caught and passed me with ease. After my stop for RM I just thrashed away at the back on my own. If I can't figure this car out I will be giving Spa a miss, 90 minutes thrashing away miles behind the field doesn't appeal.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Just a heads up, I'm going to be sketchy to make the race in time. Not going to be home until race start time if we are lucky. The joys of long weekends in different states and no break..
    Birthday party for the sprout and it's 1.5 hrs away from home and we don't finish until ~4pm.
    Race start is 530pm.
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm OK to delay by 30 mins if everyone else is...
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm giving this round a miss.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no issue with me
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thank you, but I'd rather think of our NZ friends who make our races.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    absolutely, and if they were to say that they are not ok with the delay, then we wouldn't delay. Vote would need to be unanimous
  14. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Hey, I thought this was ROOZ, not RONZ! :roflmao:
    Just jokes, as Hatfield says, it would need to be a unanimous vote. Just floating the idea :)
  15. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I'm happy with either start time.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: 04/06 - Spa 24h Layout Endurance - 36 Laps - Custom Weather - Evening - 12x

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 4, 9 and 14 - 17.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful that as we are utilising the Spa 24H Layout, Pit Exit will be at the top of the Eau Rouge conplex on drivers right. Cars exiting pit lane are to folloe the pit lines all the way until they are on the kemmel straight. Failure to do so will result in a penalty. Cars already on the circuit are to stay cautious of cars exiting pitlane.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Circuit De Spa Francorchamps

We come again to another crown jewel of endurance racing! Spa is a challenging yet flowing circuit nestled in the hills of Belgium. In game it is abundant in passing zones and straights to encourage side by side battling for a full 90 minutes. Keep your focus on staying in slipstream distance during the twisty sector 2 so that you may reap the rewards in sectors 1 and 3!

Rain is once again a factor in this 90 minute mega so keep your inters and wets handy in case! Endurance racing is no easy feat, please ensure you empty your bladder post quali but pre race and keep a drink (or two) nearby.

I have included the later start time above for you 1B folks, if there is anyone who is unable to make this, please return to originally planned 7:30pm quali start.
  17. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    It's a public holiday tomorrow
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Are you saying that starting at our normal time of 8pm est is ok?
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll still be touch and go depending on traffic to get home in time.
    Someone else will need to host tonight.
  20. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    Personally I'm fine with it