Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I almost forgot the about the race until about 40 mins before start time, plus I hadn't practiced at all, and I'd never driven Watkins Glen ever, so I wasn't expecting much. Managed to snag P4 in quali, probably higher than my true pace reflected. Went for a S/M/S strategy as I felt I didn't have enough practice to be able to look after the tyres on a 1 stop.
    It was going well up until my final stint on the softs. Copped a pit lane cutting penalty even though I was very careful, and then struggled to get pace out of the softs - I think I was quicker on the mediums... (I often struggle with maximizing pace on a faster tyre after getting rid of a slower set)
    Had some good battles though, definitely my race with the most action this season. I was so close to catching Arnold at the finish line. I saw him struggling, but couldn't catch him in the end. I guess he got me back for last round. That pit lane penalty might've been the difference.
    Here's some pics, sorry if the last one is massive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If someone has the FL's, that'll be great?
  3. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I had done so many laps here trying to gold the circuit experience i was nearly sick of it by race time. It's much more fun in the sylvia than the gensis gr3 though. In qually I kept getting purple until the last sector then back to blue, hoges was smashing the 3rd sector and did well for pole. Got a cracker start on him and managed to build a bit of a gap on the softs. Came out of pit stop one with a penalty (cut the lines on the inside trying not to cut the outside lines) on the medium tyres in 5th behind arnold . Took a couple of laps to catch up to make a pass but he didn't make it easy. Good close racing for awhile. Got back up to first when the one stoppers went in and then back to 3rd after my second stop for the softs again. 7 10 7 strategy, just couldn't make the softs last 8 laps. Had some fun with hoges and dash as their mediums wore down and managed to to drive side by side with hoges up the hill through 2 & 3 without crashing which was fun. Dash was going great for awhile but bobbled the bus stop and gifted me the lead. Had to take it easy on fuel for a couple of laps and happy to get the win and FL. Got the fl in the first stint with heavy fuel and softs so it was a bit surprising i couldn't better it in the last stint on light fuel. Good racing all round. Jim made a surprise visit after travelling cross country down the hill and thankfully made it to the grass off the track before i came by, that must have been a wild chicane.
    Looking forward to spa, a track I know pretty well. Hopefully we are able to start the enduro a bit early? All in favour say aye

vid starts in qually.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @incey
    incey, Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: 04/06 - Spa 24h Layout Endurance - 36 Laps - Custom Weather - Evening - 12x

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:45pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 4, 9 and 14 - 17.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful that as we are utilising the Spa 24H Layout, Pit Exit will be at the top of the Eau Rouge conplex on drivers right. Cars exiting pit lane are to folloe the pit lines all the way until they are on the kemmel straight. Failure to do so will result in a penalty. Cars already on the circuit are to stay cautious of cars exiting pitlane.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Circuit De Spa Francorchamps

We come again to another crown jewel of endurance racing! Spa is a challenging yet flowing circuit nestled in the hills of Belgium. In game it is abundant in passing zones and straights to encourage side by side battling for a full 90 minutes. Keep your focus on staying in slipstream distance during the twisty sector 2 so that you may reap the rewards in sectors 1 and 3!

Rain is once again a factor in this 90 minute mega so keep your inters and wets handy in case! Endurance racing is no easy feat, please ensure you empty your bladder post quali but pre race and keep a drink (or two) nearby.
    Jim_aka_The_Man and webnomad like this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  8. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    7:45pm AEST is what this thread says, so 7:45 it is. I'd be fine with a 7:30 start like all the other divs,but it's way too late to change anything.
    Also the room is now up.
    incey likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    a bit earlier would have been nice, i'll be along shortly, hopefully we don't lose too many more
    ControllaGod likes this.
  10. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Round 4 Results
    Quali
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Well done everyone, great racing. Very clean. Congrats incey and Jim, you guys must have had a cracking race. Bad luck web, not sure what happened to you or of the pits. I had fun following you for most of the race, I couldn't keep up with you up eau rouge, you were too quick.
    incey and ControllaGod like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for letting me join tonight, I really enjoyed it despite three spins. Had a race long chase and a very close last stint battle with @ControllaGod . Really good racing and a pleasure to be able to have some close racing.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  13. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    good close racing all the way with looots of pressure from you ...you were faster on the back end ...the pitstop ...sigh...something went wonky and you ghosted back before me ...it was weird ...and then you built on the lead ...i was on Mediums for last stint as I was worried about track temp ... next time :)
    Dash_Vanguard, Easyprey007 and incey like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    might have found a new home this season :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2023
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm keen if they'll accept me full time.
  16. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Cheers for hosting Controlla.
    Terrible race for me, various offs and couldn't find any rhythm as I kept changing lines through various corners trying to find places to make up time.

Disappointed in the incident between me and arnold last lap that saw me knocked off track. I know we were close but I thought I had right of way to pick my line as I was a bit in front at that point but perhaps had compromised my speed for the line... idk.
    Been racing iRacing the last couple of weeks and its so much nicer having a spotter system in place.

@emmo46 more than happy to have you mate, doesn't affect me down the back :p
  17. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    You follow Mr Emmo around and you'll be a tyre whisperer in no time ;)
    emmo46 and Mirkz2010 like this.
  18. ControllaGod

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    I qualified well, but once again quickly ruined it. I braked too late into the first corner and ended up in the grass and at the back of the pack in 10th. I actually impressed myself with how quickly I made back the positions though. I think I went from 10th to 5th in about 4 laps which is amazing for me. Had a couple of resets in the final chicane too during my first stint which didn't help.
    I ended up going with M/M/M as I didn't think the softs would last on a 2 stop, but it seems that they did last, and most of the field went with that strategy...
    It was fun battling with @emmo46, the cheeky overtake I did while he was passing PatrolWagon was my highlight of the race.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    yes, I could imagine the smirk on your face as you passed. :)
  20. arnold watson

arnold watson Rookie

sorry about the touch Mirkz thought you ran wide and i had the corner and did not feel the incident i apologize