Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Same for me, the seas parted, I went through turn 1 and 2 unscathed and found myself in 1st. Probably got too much of the inner kerb at Degner 1 on the subsequent lap and that was that.

@Viperzed I'm out for round 3, will be on hols in Bali.
    Viperzed and T-GT_Racing like this.
  2. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    It was good fun last night. I think it will be tight racing again, lots of evenly-matched drivers.
    Looks like I'm gonna miss round 2. Shame it's not the Grand Valley round.
    It will be a limited season for me as I will also miss rounds 6 and 7. I will be in Singapore for the F1 as a 20yr wedding anniversary present.
    Ozglenn, Beats143 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  3. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I've never seen so many sideway cars in all my time playing this game.

Last night was chaotic, and I always seem to get the short end of the stick, but good fun.

Looking forward to some more serious racing from next Sunday, tight division once again, but am hopeful.
  4. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Its a strange car to drive. At times i struggle with the front end. If i go offline slightly or have colder tires it just doesnt grip in and understeers like mad. Nurburgring has a mix of slow and medium speed corners needing alot of front end mechanical traction. Will need to keep it clean and straight for consistency.

Strategies will be interesting
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 1: 23/07 - Nurburgring GP - 23 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning - 5x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 3, 4 (Drivers Right only), 10, 13 and 14.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that the lines are tight and the chicane in entry can be very misleading. You may receive a penalty for overstepping the mark on entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are to stay drivers right if they are rejoining in traffic. Be mindful that the game can pull the car left towards the racing line so you may have to actively steer against it.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Nurburgring GP

Nurb GP is a European classic boasting a nice mix of high, low and medium speed corners, as well as many overtaking opportunities. Reminder to all drivers that the exit of Turn 4 can be FULLY extended, There will be no penalties applied for Track Limits concerning the exit of Turn 4. The weather is fully random and therefore rain *could* be on the radar! Make sure you've purchased Inters and Heavy Wets so you aren't caught out by rogue weather.

There is a mandatory pit stop as well as a mandatory tire change, so please remember to run the Mediums and Softs during the race. Mixing compounds WILL NOT count towards your usage for both compounds and may result in disqualification.
    Bluemoon, Aiko_Mac and ADZA_85 like this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Mea Culpa, forget to get RMs for the car. DSq myself.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  7. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Viperzed in the settings sheet in the OP, flag rules are OFF. Should they be on?
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 1 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As noted up thread, T. F. Eccles had not procured RM tyres, so self DSQ.
  9. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    A great race, thanks organisers. I nearly didnt race tonight as ive been battling a fever and cough all day so i spluttered my way through that on far mpre cough medicine then id like.
    Awesome final laps battle with spl who would have been a worthy winner.
    Until next time
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No, happy for them to be left off. Not overly concerned by any major game mechanics we're losing.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    drivers in vr can't see names of racers behind them or race data so unless they know liveries they will have no way of knowing if they are being lapped
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That was a very disappointing race for me. i was about a second off my qually time and hence started mid pack. got swamped at turn 1 and ended up nearly last. made my way up to 7 and spun to 11th or something, made ground again and spun. finally got in a groove with 4 57.8s in a row and came across the peersy extremer bingle, lost all focus and crashed twice on that lap. pretty much gave up then, put the mediums on and trundled around for a crap result.
    i did enjoy some close racing however some lag with a couple of cars made things pretty dicey.
    i made a bunch of passes and didn't crash anyone off so i'll take that as success. its a bit of low bar for the future.
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all, a few changes for next week

Flag Rules have been changed to On. This is to ensure drivers getting lapped are aware of the blue flags being displayed to them, as well as forewarning for incidents ahead.

The tire rule has been re evaluated in the event of rain and will OFFICIALLY be as follows:
    - For any given round (barring the sprint round which will be Softs only), The tire allocation will be RM, RS, Inters and Wets. Two of these compounds must be used in every race, e.g RM and RS or RS and Wet. However should a race begin in wet conditions (Wet/Inter tires being optimally used), tires may be used freely. These rules are up to interpretation by the Stewards only, and are subject to appeal by any active driver in a session.

Thanks all.
  14. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thank you, I was going to point out that without flag rules there are no yellow flags. At the end of lap 1, I came around the final turn to be surprised by 4 cars sprawled across the track.
    Xtr3meNZer and T-GT_Racing like this.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Apologies, real oversight on my behalf.
    T F Eccles and incey like this.
  16. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    What an interesting race!

Started P7 and took a chance on Mediums despite the clouds, got pushed a bit wide T1 and ended up the back of the pack.

To make things even more interesting, the spring in my T-LCM accelerator pedal broke earlier in the evening, so I had to perform some quick emergency surgery and swap in the clutch pedal spring - Though this had notably higher resistance which is great and all, but gave the accelerator a whole different feel which took some getting used to.

Nevertheless, I carried on. The race was fraught with people going off track, including myself - Looks like this new car is taking some time to get used to.

I was gaining on @XtremeNZer late in the race before losing it coming onto the back straight. Managed to regain that time though thanks to being on the softs for the back half and managed to pass both him and @Aiko_Mac for a respectable 4th place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    My only issue with this is it means you pretty much need to start on softs if it's dry. I got lucky last night as despite some forboding cloud cover, starting on mediums paid off. Had it rained though, I doubt I would have been so fortunate.
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well a good race coming back to Rooz for myself. Though the end position isn't the greatest, I had some really close battles, some very very close racing (Moon and Peersy train) - and apart from the little mistakes (Peersy accident, myself loosing traction on Meds) I felt pretty confident in the car. I need to go and check my accelerator as it was doing the blipping thing the Logitech pedals tend to do - which didn't help my pace very much.

Congrats to the podium, well raced. I'll see you guys next week :)
    T-GT_Racing, Matthyus and incey like this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @emmo46 promoted to D1B.
    Savage will move to D2.
    If someone can add Savage_Duck_75 to the D2 chat room that would be great.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  20. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Nice promotion @emmo46 !
    Matthyus likes this.