Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. MMC_EATHinNZ

MMC_EATHinNZ New Recruit

PSN ID
    MMC_EATHinNZ
    What sets the grid order for race 2?
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Reverse of race 1 results
    MMC_EATHinNZ likes this.
  3. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Hi all,

I will be adding the car number to race results page, please let me know if these are incorrect.
    @Adam Thompson @Siryc @dunamotornz @Kartdude45 can you please let me know your race numbers - thanks.

Whizz94 - #26
    Hatfield - #3
    leeboy910 - #9
    UrsineSaturn9 - #42
    Lets_party-1611 - #16
    Matthyus - #95
    Apex_64 - #64
    EathInNZ - #99
    Stew_Wilson - #13
    Xlxy90 - #15
    Emmo46 - #46
    Greas3_Monkey005 - #5
    Siryc - #19
    Kartdude45 - ??
    Spmotornz - ??
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
    Hatfield likes this.
  4. Adam Thompson

Adam Thompson Rookie

PSN ID
    Greas3_Monkey005
    hi this car has #5 last season was#005
    Rangeraus likes this.
  5. Siryc

Siryc New Recruit

PSN ID
    Siryc
    19 for me please
    Rangeraus likes this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  7. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I'm away on holidays for next weeks round.
    Viperzed likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm also away next weekend
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Managed to put in a great qualifying lap that was just good enough for 2nd with 4 drivers behind within .3 of a sec.
    Pulled away clean and set about trying to stay with @Siryc for as long as possible

(FYI it wasn't long)

I was initially pulling away from @MMC_EATHinNZ and had a few seconds gap, but he must've hooked it up and started gaining.
    We had a great battle with a few side-by-side sections of track until he eventually passed me, but I stuck with him and used the slipstream to pass him back.
    Our battle allowed @Ian Cannan to catch up until unfortunately I heard the screeching and clang behind and then I just needed to bring it home for 2nd place.

Race 2 was good fun picking though the pack, and I tried holding off siryc but then made a mistake that let him by. Eathin caught up again but this time I couldn't hold him off and was happy with 5th.
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Through most of qually I was in 12th (last) place until my final lap boosted me to 10th by just .001 of a second. I got away ok and entered turn 1 in 10th on a very tight inside line and snuck through to 7th. That became 6th when @xlxy90 got turned around at the hairpin. I was clinging to a battle between whizz and party, able to stay with them for a while in the draft but a tail flick dropped me back a bit and I wasn't able to claw them back. Towards the end positions 2 to 5 closed up and I was sitting a couple of seconds back unable to close but impressed I could actually see 2nd place just ahead. The eathin/whizz clash allowed me to move ahead of whizz as he redressed. He was all over my tail for the last couple of laps but looped it at the hairpin on the last lap to ease my run to a 5th place finish.
    I started 8th for race 2 but my tight inside line trick at turn 1 moved me to 7th and then back to 9th before turn 3. After a lot of shuffling I ended up 11th with party nibbling my rear. I held him off for about 5 laps before he found a way past. I ran 12th for a while sitting at the rear of a fight for 7th. I made up 2 places when whizz took ursine out at the hairpin and then got past grease monkey when he had a little moment. We battled over 9th for a few laps and then he pulled a little ahead. On the last lap he brushed the wall at turn 10 which slowed him enough for me catch and pass at the final hairpin.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, finished better than I thought I could and was exhausted.
    Apex_64, lets_party-1611 and Hatfield like this.
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Couple tweaks to the rest of the season. Firstly, Thanks to some strong feedback, I've moved Round 5 from Grand Valley South Reverse, to Highway 1. This will be the FINAL change made to the layouts this season.

The mandatory tire change rule has been tweaked. During a race it is mandatory that AT LEAST TWO of these FOUR COMPOUNDS are used. RM, RS, IM and W. The only time this rule does not apply will be if you start on Intermediates or Wets, you are then permitted to run the entire races on one compound, however are still required to make a mandatory pit stop.

Old_Timer05 has been added to the roster!
    Matthyus, Hatfield and Siryc like this.
  12. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    Emmo you should be so proud of yourself for how good you did on Sunday and how fast you are...I have not played the game since December 2018 ...and coming back to Sunday night wow it has gotten so much faster and you have to give it your 100% concentration for that race or 2 races ..it im absolutely drained every Sunday if I want to be fast enough to stay in div 1..I think if you had let me past early and followed me in race one we could have got further up ..because once you let me past I kept catching who was ever in front ..you will only get faster by racing with faster people..this car is so hard to drive..
    apex and I often think you must be the fastest in the world at your age you deserve an order of Australia or at least from playstation..if I can be as fast as you when I'm your age I would be the happiest person playing gt7...
    Ian Cannan, emmo46, Matthyus and 4 others like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    If starting on a wet tyre is it mandatory to change tyres at the pitstop?
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Party, I have been a bit hit and miss with form lately but last night I had a good run, I like the track, it left me exhausted but it was a lot of fun.
    It was race two where I held you up for the early laps and it probably would have been better the let you pass earlier because once you did I got towed up to the pack behind you. I just couldn't get through them as well as you did.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No, you may stay on the very same tires if you wish.
    Darren Day and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. Siryc

Siryc New Recruit

PSN ID
    Siryc
    After letting frustration last week get the better of me, this week I took a different approach and attitude coming into round 2.
    For qualifying I was fortunate enough to have a tow down both straights with out much compromise in the first sector, and it proved to be quite an advantage, with no tailwind on track it gave me P1 to start race 1.

Race 1 I got a good start and kept my lead going into t1 and from there it was making sure I could break the tow from P2 and drive my own race, leading to finish P1.

Race 2 I was starting last, and I took an overly cautious approach for t1 hoping to make some places from possible mistakes, but other then hip and shoulder through t1, it was pretty clean and so I had to start picking people off. Made a lot of passes at the hairpin and found my way up to P5 within a few laps. Started to look at where I was stronger then Hat in front of me and tried to focus on my exits onto the straights. A mistake from Hat and MMC, I had gained 2 more spots into P3. I tried to hunt down Apex in the last few laps for p2 and noticed my exits onto the straights was my advantage. I got to within .7 on the last lap, gained a little bit in S1 but had a slightly poorer exit then apex out of t10. I faked into the hairpin to see if I could force a mistake, it almost payed off, I had a better exit and got along side for the finish line but missed out by half a car.

Was a fun second race and look forward to the next race with D1B or D1.
  17. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm withdrawing my entry for the rest of this season.
    As I feared, I just can't commit the time at the moment
    Cheers, see you soon hopefully!
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 06/08 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout - 20 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Dawn - 10x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 4 and 17, as well as generally around the entire circuit, with a keen focus tonight on overtakes completed OUTSIDE TRACK LIMITS. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the right prior to the final corner and avoid the walls. You may receive a penalty for overstepping the mark on entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to practice the pit exit as you will navigate the inside exit road up Eau Rouge. Once on circuit, stay drivers right down kemmel if in traffic.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Spa Francorchamps
    Spa produced a thoroughly enjoyable enduro round last season. This season we shorten things up with a standard 45 minute round, weather lurking. Make sure you have Wets and Inters handy incase the heavens open.
    Ian Cannan, xlxy90, Siryc and 2 others like this.
  19. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Quick request to whoever provides the screenshots of race results - please make sure it is toggled to PSN ID (by pressing square) if they aren't already, this saves a bit of time when doing the results tables. Thanks.
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Had another enjoyable race with somebody to chase all race. Qualified badly in last place but made up 4 places to finish 6th after others had spins.
    Savage_Duck_75 likes this.