Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    No. We run the rooms with "Ghosting During Race" set to off to be more like real life. Cars will still ghost where they are in a critical part of the track, but it's track dependent.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I assume your edit is also in anger.
    See how you feel later in the week, you've got pace, and can probably have some enjoyable battles this season
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Ghosting is set to off.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That was an excellent recovery and a fantastic fastest lap. My race went the opposite. I had a very good run up until about lap 23-4, getting up to 4th after the dramas others were having and all the pit stops. Unfortunately I wanted to keep @Apex_64 behind as he was on what I suspected would be worn RS to my healthy RM. I figured if I could hold him up for a couple of laps more then he may be struggling to get by. Unfortunately the kerb at 8,9,10 caught me out and although I didn't spin and looked like I might save it I got a hit that sent me to the wall, Unavoidable as I was all over the place trying to get it straightened. That lost me about 6 places and then another off out of turn 1 while pushing too hard to catch up sealed my fate. I lost over 20 seconds over the last few laps that took me from a probable 4th 5th to 10th where I had started.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. BKXI

BKXI Rookie

Thanks for the opening round lads. My first ROOZ event since 2021 I believe so it’s great to be back! Keen to race you guys again this Sunday ❤️
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    My RS were fine, I could have gone 1 less on the RM.
    I tried to avoid you, but I had clipped the curb in distraction looking at where you were heading after losing it, I just didn't have the balance and control to avoid you completely. The line I came out on I was going to Tbone you.
    I think you will beat me this week easily, using your guru like fuel saving powers, by my calculations, you will get it done in a 1 stop, i will need a 2 stop for sure.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll be two stopping and the meet and greet showed I will be well back.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Just a note concerning track limits for this Sunday's race at Tokyo Expressway. There will be no investigations into track limits at all. You are free to run wall to wall, as far as you wish at any point on the circuit.

Also a note concerning start time, this round is an extended 1 hour race, so I will leave it up to each div if they wish to begin their quali/race early.

Cheers!
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can start earlier
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    TOD Change for Round 2

Time Multiplier reduced to 5x
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    The lobby will be open 1 hr before normal start time. If we are all online we'll get cracking. Otherwise normal start time will apply.
    Steve Neilson, emmo46 and Ian Cannan like this.
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I wouldn't be able to race this weekend anyway, but might come back for R3 and beyond.
    The toys are back in the pram now...
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 2: 29/10 - Tokyo South Counterclockwise - 31 Laps - Custom Weather - Evening - 5x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    There are no track limits able to be breached at this layout, however, we remind all drivers that wall riding is strictly prohibited and will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the left prior to the hairpin. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers left if there are any cars approaching, you will have to respect eachother on the way up the hill as it is a narrow piece of road.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Tokyo South Counterclockwise
    This particular Tokyo layout became famous for it's use in the Olympic Games qualifiers on GT Sport. It was also the home of GT Sport's final Australian 2 Hour endurance race (for now).

The tight and narrow lanes make for a tough and gruelling one hour race, the first of it's kind for RaceOnOz. The extended distance also making this race a very possible 2 stop strategy. Be mindful too of this layout's odd Pit Lane position, under a parking garage in Sector 2 at the hairpin.

If everyone could please leave their thoughts on the 1 hour format following this weekends round, it would be greatly appreciated so we can properly evaluate if this should be a staple of the calendar.
    Apex_64, Ian Cannan, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a nice clean race mostly just watching the gap ahead grow and the gap the the leader skyrocket. No mistakes from me meant I was able to finish only 3rd last ahead of guys who had accidents.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @UrsineSaturn9 gets last place as he tried to race tonight.
    Hatfield likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've resigned myself to the fact that while I enjoy using this car and I feel like I'm pushing, I'm not extracting the same pace as others in it..
    Only got 2 laps in the 56's and rest were 57's or higher.
    Tried to mix things up and attempt something different (2nd instead of 3rd), that failed badly through the container section, removing me from a good solid battle with @Hatfield for the 2nd soft stint. I was also lucky that @Ian Cannan had a massive spin on lap 1 that sadly he was unable to come back from.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I used 2nd at the container section, grabbed third in the middle of the final left.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I felt sorry for Ian, it must have been a very lonely race.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Big GT7 update due this week.
    Make sure you've updated before the next race!
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    We kept each other occupied in group chat :)
    Ian Cannan and leeboy910 like this.