Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    3 stops not to flash either , was bopping along nicely entered pits for second time to resoft and fuel to end and ended up picking RM at last second due to idiot toggle on wheel.
    Is what it is, congrats podium and happy to see Britz and Hoges not disconnect.
    If the stewards could see that Hoges receives a 34 second penalty for not starting the party chat I'd be fine with that;)
  2. Anders

Anders New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    anders_race
    Also tried the one stop to no avail.
    Apologies to scotty into turn 1 - went to grab a handful of brake and got clutch instead.
    RBRHoges97 and scottb721 like this.
  3. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Late in the race I went for a handful of the mode toggle button but hit the PS button. Talk about panic mode :D
    Super happy with that race. Barely any stuff ups and some fun racing into the hairpins.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    RBRHoges97 and ControllaGod like this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Big GT7 update due this week.
    Make sure you've updated before the next race!
    Rebort and scottb721 like this.
  5. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Hey mate all g. I will admit I was a little bit dirty about it straight after it happened as I narrowly avoided a T1 incident right in front me and was feeling good, then this happened in a blink of an eye. I was already a bit annoyed at my starting position after a very poor quali too as I just could not get any clean laps due to the traffic. Once that had passed and I settled into the race I was able to make a really good come back from where I dropped back to in 10th place so I'm still happy to have finished where I did. I still can't help but wonder what might have been had it not happened but in all honesty I was actually more annoyed at myself
    for clipping a wall on the final lap and losing 2nd to a charging Hoges.. which I otherwise should have been able to hold onto.
    Well done Hoges and Stimpy. Great top 3 close finish.
    Ser you next week :thumbsup:
    RBRHoges97 and tolley__ like this.
  6. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Just rethinking the race on my train home. @scottb721 great battles. We were on a knife edge for a number of laps. Appreciate the battle and sorry if I overstepped anywhere. It was really fun.
    Also sorry to @boneslightning on the near miss. I pulled out from behind you and experienced the biggest lock up. Everything went slo mo and I feard cleaning you up. Luckily only impacted my self.
    scottb721 likes this.
  7. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    saw you pull out and I thought I would let you go by before I turned and cross back and was a good choice
    RBRHoges97 and CobberSupreme like this.
  8. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    That was a great race, really enjoyed it and the 1 hour duration :thumbsup: @Viperzed
    Was pleased with quali and to hold onto 2nd for the start. Opted for a SMS strategy. Had a pretty good start with @Brendan-Stimpy and managed to get 1st and hold for a few laps until Stimpy got past and his lead grew from there. 1st pit stop went to plan as did the 2nd with the change to RS and top up of fuel and for once, managed to concentrate and not balls up by over filling! Had a great few laps with @Jim_aka_The_Man and being honest, was thankful when he pitted as so needed the breathing space. After that, i was focused on trying to catch up with Stimpy and @CobberSupreme and as I got closer, could see they were having a great battle. I would like to say thanks to @rebort79 for moving over to enable all to get past in the docks area, cheers mate.
    Last lap .. WOW, it was on, again great racing .. managed to pass Cobber and hold on to take the 2nd. Congrats to Stimpy and Cobber as that was so much fun, and also congrats to all in Div 3, great bunch!
    Finally, hey @Steve Neilson ... aka the Goof Meister, it is clear that you need to familiarise yourself with your wee toggle, so make sure you do .. :roflmao::p:laugh: ... @Matthyus ... could you arrange for a special Div 3 round 2 prize for Mr Goof, that being "Most # of Pit Stops Award" :thumbsup:
    See you all at the Red Bull Ring, cheers Hoges..
  9. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Thanks for the racing Hoges, was a great few laps there. I wanted to push you a bit, but obviously knew you were a pit-stop ahead of me.

I contemplated a 1-stop while I was driving around early on Med's then thought better of it as I went on. Turns out I should have taken a few minutes extra to read the briefing properly, rather than just jump into the race after a long day of deck building.

The Bull Ring this week is one of my fav's, but I'll sit this one out.
    RBRHoges97 likes this.
  10. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    All good. I was a lap down so not in the race and didn't want to ruin one of the top 3 drivers race either. I guess I just can't the speed out of the car like all you can.

BOP pulls us all together anyway doesn't it? I don't have any options/upgrades on it - or should I trick it out and it will help?
  11. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Correct. Makes no difference. BOP/tuning prohibited means we are all racing in the exact same car/setup.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 05/11 - Red Bull Ring - 30 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 1x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 1, 9 and 10 as well as generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in prior to yurning You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers right if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Red Bull Ring
    Another classic F1 circuit changed with time, Red Bull Ring has at least developed into a circuit with huge racing capabilities as the fan favourite delivers some fantastic races regularly. Track limits at Turn 1 and the final two corners will be a big talking point as last time we visited there, Admins spent hours going through track limits penalties for breaches. Hopefully not to be repeated!

Keep an eye on the weather, it is possible to have rain at this location. Drivers are reminded that for races where it can rain, only two compounds are mandstory, meaning you may go from Soft to Inter and fufill your requirement, the only time this is not valid is if you start on a wet compound (Inter or Wet), the tire rule is null and void.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  13. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    guys - gl tonight - i am out
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  14. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    GOOF, Parked up L21, to tired to continue.
    Been ill most of the week thought I'd manage it, obviously not.
    Will post results tomorrow.
    Thanks all for coming as always and great work on the Partay Mr.Hoges.
    tolley__, RBRHoges97 and Matthyus like this.
  15. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Sorry to hear. I just thought you were yet again going for most pit stops award..
  16. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard

Thanks for the race all, it was a pretty chill race but this part got my heart going..
    Rebort, tolley__, Viperzed and 4 others like this.
  17. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    That is some good side by side action there. Good footage to show others what you can and cannot see in VR.
  18. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Well done @tolley__ , worthy win. You were consistent the entire race until I dsc'd. Was just trying to manage that small gap to you and not extend too much and end up eating gravel as a result of pushing too hard.
    Shame I can't even go back and flip through the replay to see how all were travelling.
    @Dash_Vanguard nice footage there.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    tolley__ likes this.
  19. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  20. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Cobber DSC.
    Gastro ?, haven't watched replay to check.