F1 (CM) F1 2013

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Darko, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    F1 2013: What we know so far
    The reveal today gave us a lot of new information on F1 2013 and the brand new Classic edition, so here is my round up of what you need to know. If you have anything extra you want me to add in, then please say so!

Release Details:
    F1 2013 will be released this Autumn for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. The game is available in two worldwide editions:
    - F1 2013
    - F1 2013: Classic Edition

F1 2013: Classic Edition
    This is a limited edition version, a premium package, and it includes F1 2013, but it features all the new classic drivers, tracks and cars from the 1980s, expanded further with content from the 1990s and additional classic tracks. The classic content is the first time we'll see it in the F1 series from Codemasters, in an expansive new game mode, including Murray Walker, the legendary commentator. F1 2013: CE, allows you to race against a mix of drivers from the 1980s and 1990s in the classic cars from those eras, and on four historical circuits. F1 2013: CE can also be enjoyed over a range of game modes including:
    - Quick Race
    - Custom Championship
    - Time Trial
    - Split-screen
    - Online Multiplayer

You can race on grids featuring F1 cars from the two eras, experiencing the differing handling, providing a contrast to the cars seen in the F1 2013 season.

F1 Classic Edition: 1980s:
    • Five iconic cars from Ferrari, Williams & Lotus
    • Ten legendary drivers including Nigel Mansell, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Gerhard Berger and others
    • Circuito De Jerez – Former host of the Spanish GP
    • Brands Hatch – Legendary former home of the British GP
    F1 Classic Edition: 1990s:
    • Six Iconic cars from Ferrari & Williams
    • A host of famous drivers including David Coulthard, Eddie Irvine, Alain Prost, Jacques Villeneuve and others
    Classic Edition Track Pack:
    • Imola – Former host of the San Marino GP
    • Estoril – Past home of the Portuguese GP
    • All the 2013 content
    F1 2013
    This is like the usual games as seen in the past, with all the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2013 season. It includes all new drivers, updated rules, remodelled handling to reflect the challenge and exhiliration of the 2013 cars. There are further game enhancements, split-screen and online multiplayer, and new and returning game modes.

Expanded Young Driver Test
    This is based on the real Abu Dhabi YDT at Yas Marina Circuit, where the future F1 stars try to earn their place in F1. Day 1 uses tutorials and explanatory videos to get new drivers racing competitively. Day 2 has a series of demanding challenges.

Mid-session saves
    You can now experience a long race weekend at your own pace by saving where you want.

Grand Prix Mode is back
    After a year out of F1 2012, the Single Player Championship mode is back. You can once again race as your favourite driver in a single race, or complete a full season or a custom one.

Full RaceNet integration
    If you haven't signed up to RaceNet, then you can do so for free by clicking this link. RaceNet will extend your F1 experience, with the game now using all the features of RaceNet. You will have regular in-game challenges, scenarios, community challenges, visual statistics and game progress to compare with your friends. It is free via desktop, mobile, or the new RaceNet app, available on the App Store.

Classics trailer

Classics vid with commentary

Silverstone hotlap vid

Longer vid with commentary (18min):

Jerez Gameplay

Clevohead likes this.
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Nurburgriing hotlap

Box art

[​IMG]
    DekGT5mad and Clevohead like this.
  3. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

Oh this will be fun on PC platform... looking forward to this
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    This looks interesting, i hope its better then 2012.
  5. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Hope its good, pre-order for sure ;)
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Some league races, perhaps? :p
    So pumped!
  7. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Ozgameshop Classic Edition preorder now up $66.99

PS3

Xbox 360
  8. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i love old style F1. getting it on PC
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    JB Hi-Fi price for the Classic Edition $89

PS3

Xbox 360
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    $88 @ EB games
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Quick developer chat.

12. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    F1™ 2013 will launch on October 4th for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The full release schedule is as follows.

• Europe: October 4th
    • Australia: October 4th
    • Middle East: October 4th
    • Africa: October 4th
    • North America: October 8th
    • South America: October 8th
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Actually F1"12 was was the best so far me, I felt it took a step in a more realistic direction, the game still suffers from a certain drawback which only could be defined as "Sterile" There a certain "Sterile" feel to all codies F1 games so far, some commentary for single player might spice it up.... I wouldn't mind hearing Brundle yapping out how good Iam :p Codies have always had that though since the early TOCA and Colin McRae games on PS1 but on the flipped side the've always had that certain something that makes them above average.

Anyway.. PPl complained about the oversteer in 12' but that is just a result of taking a corner with to much speed speed .I feel 12' is not to bad with all aids of (including ABS off which makes a huge difference) I play 12' abit on PC but its had to find online games with all aids off. Also need tunning banned option for online, ppl do stupid unrealistic setups which get there top speeds on to 350+Kph when the default is like 310-320Kph they can gain like 2 secs a lap.

Ive only watched one vid of 13' but one thing that worries me already is it looks like there taking the corners with way to much speed looks like a step backwards but I need to watch more.
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Lap of Hungary

15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having just played f1 2012 again just to see where its at, its very far from realistic as the traction is way too much, the steering is the worst part about it imo.

The whole game feels completely arcade.

The Ferrari F1 on GT5 feels infinite times better to drive imo, the BMW Sauber on LFS(PC SIM) for me sums up how I think an F1 would feel in real.

Ai is quite slow too(not that it matters because online is all that matters these days), qualified on pole with a Torro Rosso first attempt on the hardest difficulty with no aids, then ran away with the race.
    Juzzo likes this.
  16. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Codemasters ditching online pass for F1 2013

Link
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    I'm really looking forward to F1 2013 :)
    [​IMG]
    Clevohead and JonoStan96 like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Interview with Creative Director Stephen Hood: Bringing the Classics to F1 2013

Link
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Codemasters Formula One 2013 Developer Interview by Inside Sim Racing

Codemasters Formula One 2013 Historic Gameplay HD - Jerez 1988

Codemasters Formula One 2013 Historic Gameplay HD - Jerez 1996

JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Darko

Darko Professional