Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Sorry for bailing tonight guys, but I have to get up really early tomorrow and I was getting tired :(
    Good luck to all in the race :)
  2. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I'm sorry for holding things up. Doesn't seem right at all that the guy running late gets in while another guy is in your predicament and misses out.
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry Capa.. with everyone coming and going and coming again, by the time I actually started qualy, homebrew came back from a disconnect, and castro finally finished his update, I thought it wouldn't be a problem letting them in from the back of the pack.
    Thanks for everyones patience in tonights messy lead up.

I like to keep it fair for everyone to get a chance to race, but don't want it to be at the expense of anyone else.
    I think we need to come up with a gentleman's agreement or something about a strict cut off time for qualy start?
    What do you guys think?
    bjh1012 likes this.
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Emmo:
    Table updated:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...oRG5kbnRBeHRULWRZckQxOFE&usp=sheets_web#gid=3

Unfortunately, due to the stuff up in the lead up to the race, I wasn't able to record our actual qualy times.
    capatowned managed to set a qualy lap, but had to leave prior to race start. I don't believe he should have to suffer a pointless race, so I've put him down as 9th.
    CJCracing was attempting to join the session prior to 8.10pm, but wasn't able to due to the update (caught him by surprise), so I don't know if you want to put him into the results or not.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Rano, do you have a race lap times for home_brew?
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Fastest lap is on there already emmo.
    Or did you want all his lap times?
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry, I meant Jako. He DSC'd but still may have set a time?
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yeah that's right.
    Unfortunately, there was nothing on the replay.
    Before the update it would've shown up without a name next to it.. I think this update fixed it.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Would just like to apologise to everyone for the delayed start and very much appreciate everyone sticking around and being patient with all that was going on.
    Qualifying was rather interesting with me being able to snag pole off BJ.
    BJ was setting 1.18's left, right and centre during practise and I figured he had it in the bag for pole and race win. Lucky for me, I was able to set a low 1.19 (didn't get to record qualy times so not sure what it was exactly) and that was enough to keep Bruce's low 19 in check and grab my first pole of my ROOZ career.

Managed to have a decent getaway at race start with Bruce VARDZ in tow.
    From what I could see, most everyone got a clean start and all those blue dots seem to make it through the first few corners in one piece.
    Myself, Bruce and VARDZ were slowly pulling a gap on the rest of the field when VARDZ eventually spun one too many times and lost sight of Bruce, who meanwhile was breathing down my neck.
    On lap 9 or 10? (I'm really bad at recalling details... will need to refer to the replay for correct details) I ran too hot into the first corner and BJ took an easy lead. Lucky for me it was only a brief visit to the beach and was able to bring it back on track to stay 2 seconds behind BJ. A few corners later I had another brief visit to the beach and the gap opened up to 5 or 6 seconds for the next few laps.
    I put my head down and did everything in my power to keep calm and power on without going off track again.

Lucky for me, BJ managed to spin coming out of turn 2 which allowed me to take the lead again.
    The rest of the race was bloody intense with BJ breathing down my neck again.
    The gap between us seesawed between 1-3 seconds for quite a long time. Unfortunately for Bruce, the first mistake gave me a little more breathing room. Then came his second mistake, which gave me a 12 second gap without about 10 laps to go. This was much welcome relief and allowed me to turn down the notch and concentrate on clean and steady laps. Bruce then went on a mission to hunt me down again and the gap slowly whittled down to 5 seconds with 5 laps remaining.
    I figured I could just keep doing what I was doing and I'll be able to lead Bruce right to the finish line, but alas, another mistake was on the cards and Bruce threw it away with a couple of laps remaining.

I don't think I've ever concentrated so hard on a race before.
    The tiniest of mistakes here is what can cost you, and although my race wasn't 100% clean, I was able to minimise my off road explorations and keep it relatively tidy to bring home my first ever ROOZ win!
    :D
    VARDZ, bjh1012 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hay mate well done best man won on the day i had afew drinks to cam the nerves but no excise's i tyrded my best
    to get you but could not so contagion's bud:)
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I think you have it right Sui we had to weeks to get this right if you need a oil change on the day you are not in to it very
    much got to help your self out guys
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hey Sui got me by .00.4 Qualifying lap lol
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Damn, I knew it was close.. didn't think it was that close though!
    bjh1012 likes this.
  15. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Well done to ranok and bj, you were hard to keep up with. It was a good clean race from what i could see
    I managed to start in P5, nice clean start from everyone. All was going well until revhead got a wheel in the sand at the top of the corkscrew on the first lap which put him into the sand. That got me into P4 and chasing vardz. Chased vardz for a couple till he went offroading and moved into P3. I had a bit of a gap to P4 so I got into a groove and was slowly catching bj (he must of made a few mistakes). Then i had lapse in concentration and had a few offs which let revhead get close, eventually i had a bit of an off on lap 18 which let revhead past. A few corners later he got a wheel in the sand just before the main straight which nearly put him off the track. I managed to get past him and tried to get a rhythm going and set some consistent lap times. 20 something laps in and I was a good 30 odd seconds behind ranok and bj and had a good gap back to P4 so I eased off the gas a bit and braked a bit earlier and some spots to avoid any spins to try and keep myself in 3rd. I even managed to get a 1.18.731 (couldnt even do that in practice). Congrats again to everyone for a good race and now onto Monza (Oh Joy rain!)
    SuiCid3 and VARDZ like this.
  16. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Hey fellas just wanted to apologise for that sudden disconnection when I was hosting. And I'm also sorry for not finishing the race Cos i had school the nxt day. Anyways see u at Monza! :)
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    A reminder that I have a wedding to attend next Sunday. Highly unlikely I'll be able to get away from it to make it for the race.
    I believe I had pretty decent pace in the wet here as well :(
  19. CJC Racing

CJC Racing New Recruit

PSN ID
    mickdundee308
    G'day all.

That update sure did come as a surprise alright. No word of a lie I didn't have it installed until 10pm. I suspected I was going to have troubles making the allocated qually time, hence why I made the call early to opt out. Sometimes I really hate technology lol. Next time...
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Had a crack at monza last night with bj and blindman, got some useful tips (thanks guys). Now i just need to stay on the track to make use of those tips. gunna need more practice