Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ugh sorry. I haven't had much time for the forum lately and missed that post. :p Will update the rest of the ladder soon... although it seems the wiki has gone bye-bye for the time being.... :/
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 6 - Suzuka
    Another crushing victory for jezza, and a good podium placing for thestig-13.

1. jezza1
    2. thestig-13
    3. FloodSim
    4. blueyonder-666-
    5. Pagone41
    6. Chevwah
    7. natmanscoop (DNF)
    8. Cyber_STIG_77 (DNF)

Fastest Laps
    2:08.987 jezza1
    2:11.165 Pagone41
    2:11.337 thestig-13
    2:11.620 blueyonder-666-
    2:11.740 Chevwah
    2:12.102 FloodSim
    2:12.194 natmanscoop
    2:12.838 Cyber_STIG_77

The wiki is still down, so I'm not sure how the points situation will look now but it's sure to be interesting.

Just a couple of things I'd like to add..
    - Remember that our races run for about 40minutes; it's not going to be won in the first couple of laps, but it can certainly be lost. Bide your time.

- Also, if you're going to quit mid-race and park it, as a courtesy to the other drivers please find a part of the track that would be out of sight to those racing.
    @ STIG_77, while you were well off the track, you were on the outside of the Degner section which I think was less than ideal. I had a moment once as I found it distracting the first couple I times I went past trying to spot my marks on the right and having the name above your car pop up on the left.

@ STIG_77 again, I don't understand the point of driving right up behind me during qualifying? There is no slipstream to be gained so I can only see it slowing you down, plus its distracting me because I don't know if you're going to make some dive on me somewhere. There was heaps of track for you to drop back into some clean air, isn't that the obvious thing to do?
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Another week, and another poor result for me. My Qualy time of 2:11.whatever was over a second off my PB in in my only practice session 30 mins before the race. My available practice time these days is dwindling and it's starting to hurt my results. Combine this with some strange technical problems, and It's hard to think why I bother.

I had a pretty horribly bad race. On lap 2 I tried to make a pass on cyber at the first degner, only to be punted off the track like I wasn't there. Not sure what happened but I saw you falling back in my mirrors so tried to take a tight line through the corner only to get whacked. The replay shows that I hadn't made it past you at all cyber...so I'm confused. After that I had the :):):):)s pretty bad and wasn't thinking straight, so decided it would be nice to do a no stop. By lap 16 my tyres were back to the rims so I had to pit.

I seem to be running out of free time to practice these days, so its becoming harder to be competitive. I dare say this will be my last season boys. Gratz to the boys at the front, especially jezza, great drive mate.
  4. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    2:08.9 eh, I had a 10.4 in practice and I reckon a high 2:09 would be the best I could manage, 2:08's just immense, any slipstream involved Jezza?

Too bad I couldn't make it for this one, might've actually been able to make up some points on Pagone, I'm assuming you ran into trouble at some point mate?? Well done to Jezza again, and to thestig, good to see someone else up there, oh and Flood on another 3rd, try not to make this a common fixture mate, haha!
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WTF Jezza a 2.08.987 your freak man :lol: thats super fast lap, well done m8
    my PB is only 2.10.690 in race. and i thought that was pretty fast.
  6. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Thanks everyone. Thats still a pretty good lap time snake and aus, its around what the fastest times were, or even better. That fast lap of mine was done on lap 2, whilst I was a few seconds ahead of the big battle going on for second, so no slipstream, just coolness :-D. I was keeping an eye on the leaderboard the whole race and noticed pagone dropped positions very quickly. I thought someone might have bumped into him, or he was pushing too hard and went off the track, but after the race we found out that he hurt his back and neck so he couldnt focus in the race, so heal soon pag. Other then that it was a pretty good race, mainly the action going on for second, there was about 4 cars in it from what I could see, it looked like fun! There was some bumping going on during it, which ended up with chev going off (possibly bumped off?) and some nice overtakes, so still good. Well done stig on second place and flood for third. Like snake said, lets not let it become a common thing lol
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Nicely posted results Flood.

Grats Jezza well done.

I think unfortunately all is lost with the wiki. We'll need to rebuild the points ladder.
    Flood I'll need your help with this as not all the results postings are labelled with the Round number or track, there's duplicate postings etc. which I've struggled to make sense of in reviewing... If you could post up an up-to-date complete results here (i.e. race X - position standings, pole setter, fastest lap setter - race Y - position standings... etc.) - I'll transfer it to a new locked thread and continue to update it from there.

Further to Floods comments re quitting mid-race - if you MUST park it mid race there should be no reason for you not to PARK IT IN THE PITS where you are out of the way and will not be a distraction. Just press the pause (start) button before you enter your pit stall and your car will remain in the pit stall.

Cheers all.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ahhh, that'll do it, I've had some pretty severe back pain in the past, pinched nerves and thing's from heavy lifting at the gym, I know how painful it can be, headaches and :):):):), not sure what your story is Pagone, but hope your feeling better soon nonetheless mate.
  9. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Thanks Jezza and Snake, yeh I had a bit of a moment on my bike with a wombat jumping out in front of me. I actually hit it, managed to stay on but went off wide into the dirt on the edge of the road and then it was more luck than anything else trying to keep it upright. Ended up loosing the front on the dirt, almost went down but just managed to stop with it way over on the side and me using every little inch of my strength to keep it from laying down. A hayabusa isn't the heaviest thing on 2 wheels but when it's almost on it's side it's f#@&ing heavy. Rode off without much drama but the next morning, all my right side from my neck down to my hamstring was all locked up. It hurt just sitting down let alone trying to steer and man o man the pain just pressing the accelerator and brake!
    I had severe brain fade off the start in the race and within a couple of corners I had dropped nearly 15 seconds!
    My race was over just as it began. Then I saw Chev drop off and shortly after Cyber Stig and thought hmmm, maybe i wont be last. Then I thought maybe if I pitted early I could undercut and make some positions. I pitted on lap 7 and by lap 15 or so I was in second!!! Stig, flood and yonder coming hard on much better tyres I knew i wouldn't be able to hold them off. Had a good dice with them till they drove off into the distance as I struggled on tyres that were so worn I could almost see air through them! Nevertherless, A great job by Jezza, great racing from Stig flood and yonder and happy to finish 5th concidering. Snake, you were missed !!
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Round#, finish & pts
    1. DNS - 0pts[/*]
    2. 9th - 2pts[/*]
    3. 2nd - 18pts + 2 pts for FL[/*]
    4. 4th - 12pts + 2pts for FL[/*]

= 36pts if I'm not mistaken....

Bluemoon has this cached version of the Season 5 ladders so we can rebuild it from there. It's before I fixed up the points tallies so will need checking over again, but all the finish positions etc are there.
  11. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Thanks pagone and koastr. I havent had a look at the replay yet so I might have to have a look to see what happened if I get time, I sorta missed it being out front alone lol. Everyone did a great job though, especially with suzuka being a track with heaps of areas to stuff up
  12. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Ah okay, I see where I went wrong with the points. With the 9 I had, I was thinking that was 9 points for some reason, not 9th place for 2 points
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Sorry if i was a distraction guys but i thought i was out of view. in regard to race incidents i think it would be a good idea for people to view the replay before flaming anyone because sometimes what you see isn't always a good indication of what really happened.

chev, like i said you were in a bad position to be making any kind of pass IMO and if i can't see your car in front of me let alone on the outside of me i am not going to concede my position, to be honest i didn't think you would have stayed on the outside of that corner and when you turned into me that was the time i realised you were still there.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm not sure you understand the situation Cyber. I've been getting lots of strange glitches that don't seem to show up on the replay. I would never have tried that pass if I knew I wouldn't make it past you. I saw you make a mistake on the exit of the S-bends and made a dash to your left and just got by you. I clearly saw you slowing down in my mirror, as if you had yielded. Almost slowing down too much really, so I just turned into the corner thinking i'd made the pass easily, only to go flying off the track. It's no ones fault, it just seemed like you had T-boned me in the race, when in reality I hadn't made it past you at all, and we were going side by side through a single file corner. Sorry if I flamed you prematurely, but going off some of your antics in earlier races with lag and whatever (Indy), who can blame me for having the :):):):)s?
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    no worries chev
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    By my calculation Pagone should be on 114, and STIG_77 should be on 56.

I'm working on something in my spare time that should hopefully make keeping track of point easier.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers mate, you're right. I was using the Windows Calculator and sometimes it doesn't seem to clear the previous calc inputs propertly.
    Leaderboard amended.
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    So last night I had a below average race, but it was still fun, plenty of passing etc, after what seemed to be a ripper qualy lap bar one little hiccup which probably cost me a couple of tenths, I ended up 4th with a 16.3 I think, not bad considering it was absolutely 100% clean and I'd done next to no practice for this race.

So I got a good start to the race, and was engaged in a tight battle with Chev, Pagone and Jezza early on, Jezza got a cut penalty and dropped off briefly but was soon back on it, kept battling for a bit before Jezza gave me a nudge and sent me off, he tried to wait around to redress but as I got out of the dirt and hit the bitumen the rears just wouldn't stop spinning and sent me straight into the wall, besides, thestig was too close now for Jezza to wait around any longer, I didn't have a headset on but I was willing you to just keep going Jezza, I wasn't too fussed about results last night as I've missed 2 rounds now and was just there to have some fun.
    So I got into a rhythm and by the time I had to pit I was only a couple of seconds down on thestig, I was confident of still finishing 4th as I felt I had the pace to be up the front with the others but hey, :):):):) happens, early in my second stint I recieved a shortcut penalty, must have been soooo bloody close, anyway, this caused me to fall back into the clutches of blueyonder and floodsim, so instead of making inroads on thestig I got caught up in another battle which in the end cost me a considerable amount of time, but I prevailed! lol, in all honesty, it probably made for more fun than just chasing someone down, no doubt there were some awesome battles going on all throughout this one, was very enjoyable indeed.
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome Snake. It was a fun race alright. I'll do a write up tonight before the DTM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.