Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I had a really average race last night.
    I had no pace, I barely hit a single apex, and I think I screwed up the Dunlop chicane every lap. I was lucky to get 6th when old yonder ran out of fuel coming onto the Mulsane for the last time. A splash and dash would have got you home ahead of Stig77 mate lol.

I think my lack of pace could partly be attributed to fear of penalties. I only had a 3 lap race to feel out where they were, but I knew they were very harsh in some places. Watching the replay I can see some guys were pushing out into places where I didn't dare touch, so that could have hurt me by not picking up the throttle as early. But, I didn't get a single penalty.

Yonder and I had a good run together for a few laps, then we picked up Snakeism and the 3 of us traded places for a while until yonder slightly outbraked himself into Indianapolis and I followed him. Lucky for him he avoided the sand, but I was stuck for a few seconds which let Snake and Yonder get away.

Overall a good race I think. I really like the track, I find it's a good challenge.
    I was reading up on some of the history of Le Mans on wikipedia earlier which was very interesting. The incident in 1955 is shocking.
    And one of the drivers involved, Pierre Levegh, driving 23 hours straight in the 1952 race, only to blow his engine.. Amazing.
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That was an awesome race guys, and one of my best qualy and race results for the season. I managed a 3rd place grid start with a 4:15.8xx, which was over a second better than my best practice time. It really surprised me actually. There was only half a second seperating 1st and 3rd, so it was extremely close considering the track length. In front of me I had Jezza and Pagone, and behind me in 4th was Snake.

I got off to a great start with Pagone bogging down a bit off the line and Jezza getting a shortcut penalty on the first chicane. For the first few laps I found myself running neck and neck with Pagone and Snake, with Jezza closing in on us. Some of the close racing in those early laps is simply amazing to watch in the replay. So much passing and jousting for position.

Three laps in I managed to pull out a nice little lead after Pagone and Jezza had some intimate time together against a barrier on one of the tight right handers inthe last half of the lap. Naturally I messed this up by getting one of my two shortcut penalties a couple of corners before the pit straight. The close racing continued until we went into the pits on lap 7.

The mayhem in the pits was like nothing i'd ever seen. I went into the pits in 2nd, came out in 5th. It was horrifying lol. To make things worse Pagone had managed to avoid all this by somehow shortcutting the track coming into the pits under the AI's control. Whether it was intentional or not, It pretty much sealed his victory. He made up something like 10 seconds with the shortcut and clusterf%uck avoidance.

After getting back up into 3rd with Pagone long gone, I ran a pretty lonely race right till the end. Jezza slowly pulled away from me pushing hard to catch Pagone, and thestig was pretty much matching my pace but was a little way behind me. 3rd was pretty much what I was hoping for, so i'm happy with the result. There was some very exciting racing indeed, I hope that Spa can deliver even half the fun this race did. If it does it'll be a cracker!

And yeah Flood, the history of the place is very interesting.
  3. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Chev, look carefully at the replay mate, you claim i made 10 sec when in fact you lost 10 seconds clearly evidenced by the fact that thestig13, being about 8 seconds behind you heading into pit lane, also held up in the pit lane traffic, managed to come out in front of you with what looks like at least 1.5 to 2 second lead. I might add I was already about 3.8 seconds ahead of you before pitting. Being first in, it took me to the pit bay at the end of the pits which is what let me in and out clean without interruption. I have lost pleanty of time in the pits due to traffic this season, it was nice for once to get in and out without drama. So don't blame your frustration on me and suggest I won the race purely for this reason. The replay also shows once I managed to clear you off my arse, I was consistently 1.5 seconds a lap, at least, faster than you. Which makes me question how clean infact your quali lap was. I'm not sure if this is a personal thing and quite frankly I don't care but this frustration you showed yesterday after the race also showed during it by way of quite a number of times unecessarily moving over on me and squeezing me down the straights, ramming me quite deliberately into the braking zones trying to push me into a penalty and that kamikaze move up the inside using my door as your brake and then moving over on me unnecessarily pushing me off the track. Unfortunately for Jezza, at the next right hander I had no grip in the braking zone and went straight into the barrier taking him with me.
    I might add you did the same to snake and also ran Jezza clean off onto the grass at the kink of one of the straights when you clearly saw he had a huge run on you.

I'm glad we both recovered and got back into the fight.
    Anyway, after the pit stop, I was quite amazed to have a pretty big lead on Jezza. The battle was great! I had a margin and drove well within myself and left it to Jezza to hunt me down. That he did! Being a little conservative lost my focus for a sec and got my 1 and only penalty at the first chicane. It was now down to about 7 or 8 seconds after the wash up and I think I held my breath for the rest of the race! lol

I knew I could afford to give away a few tenths per split to not make a mistake and still hold on. It was coming down to the wire with about a 4 second lead when at the start of lap 13 Jezza copped a penalty coming onto the start finish straight. This took away all my pressure and I took it real easy not to make a mistake till I crossed the finish line just under 8 sec on Jezza and over 20 seconds on chev.

I thought other than the antics Chev pulled on me that it was a tremendous race.

Chev, by the way mate, I'm not really interested in hearing all your excuses about glitches or steering wheel problems or which camera angle you use or because someone braked early or you were lagged into the wall etc etc as to why it's never your fault. You state under your name "world class driver" Not sure about you mate but I've never heard of a world class driver make excuses so may I suggest you change your title or start behaving like one.
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Uhh Pagone, I believe those titles are set automatically based on the number of posts on the board. So you might want to rephrase that last bit.
  5. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Oops! Absolutely Flood! My apologies to you, chev and the League of drivers
  6. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Regardless of what you say pagone, you cut the track, you deserve a penalty. In regards to my antics, I saw no moves of mine in the replay that were any worse than any other moves by other drivers. Do not try to misdirect the focus of this discussion back at me, I didn't cut the track to gain advantage. EVERYONE knows to slow down on pit entry to avoid resetting your car, its common knowledge! I wonder why you didn't slow down? Slip your mind? After playing the game for what? A year? If you have to go to the extremes of cheating, you don't belong in this league.

Oh btw, my Qualy lap was super clean mate, 100% :):):):)ing legit. I never perform as well in the race itself, I get too nervous and make small mistakes. We all have our little flaws. The qualy time I got was a PB for me..but only just. For once I had a good qualy session, so :):):):)ing sue me!
  7. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

I have just been informed by Floodsim that I have been relegated to 2nd position by way of a convenient time penalty due to my pit speed entry. This is absolutely ridiculous as I was never informed of a protest nor given the opportunity to defend myself. I thought this league was about trying to replicate real world scenarios. As in a real life situation, once a protest is made, the stewards inform the driver in question as to who made the protest, why and then given an opportunity to make a case in defense.
    This?? This is a joke!! It seems all the traffic and hold up in the pits were not factored in with this decision and that all the gap I made was purely made from pit spped entry.
    It seems the inhouse politics and a certain pity party are hard at play.

I really can't be bothered associating myself with such pettiness and hereby inform all level 1 drivers that I pull out of this championship. I hereby release myself from all this nonsense and can say with dead set certainty that I will not speak highly of this situation to anybody that asks.

Jezza!!! You are the Champion!! It is comforting to know that you will be the one some some sore loser.
  8. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Floodsim did definately inform me of a protest made by somebody but stopped short of informing me who actually made the protest.
  9. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Chev, I reckon I counted at least 6 situations which would have cost you a black flag in a real situation
  10. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Chev, just as well for you I don't even consider you to be the beginning of a pimple on a true drivers arse nor do I take your tough man talk with any cred. It's easy to talk tough behind the comforts of your screen isn't it mate! I dare you to look me in the eye and call me a cheat you loser!

FYI, just imagine if I actually practised before these races!

Care to join me in an open lobby? Your choice of track, car, spec, anything. We'll prove who is a cheat and who is a sore loser!

Your quali lap? CHEAT!! Unfortunately you cheated another worthy driver of his true position on the start grid for you are not a frontrunner lol!!
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Oh man, things are getting juvenile in here. I don't want to get involved but I feel i'm being attacked here too and want to defend myself a little.

This captaining stuff is all new to me, and this is the first incident thats been raised, so I wasn't certain of official procedures. Nor have I been involved with stewarding of motorsport IRL. I took it up with the mods and they came back with their decision. You didn't make any attempt to defend yourself in post-race chat, nor did you address Chev's comments earlier tonight.
    If you think you can defend yourself then go ahead, but I find it difficult to see how you could claim you didn't gain an unfair advantage from speeding into the pits.

Real world scenarios you wouldn't go flat-stick into pit lane either.

That's just flat out not true. I made that clear to you in my PM.
  12. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

I never believed you could gain an unfair advantage entering the pits and usually always let the program reset my car as I never know where the line is. I rarely have pit stop races in open lobbies nor do I care that i might lose a few seconds doing this. The fact is that most of the time I made was being pitted up front and being able to get out with no drama. I don't care anymore Flood and this is not a personal attack on you either. What you did say is we'll never know if I would've been held up or not if I didn't run in too fast. This means that it's inconclusive. You have made a decision based on inconclusive evidence. What is evident is that sooky cry baby lost at least 10 seconds if you look at how far back the stig was and still managed to get out in front of sooky. That's all! Plus, I didn't drive as fast as I could've in the second stint knowing I had the gap as a true driver only ever needs to win by the smallest possible margin. I guess I have made you all happy now?
    I am not seeking to overturn your decision. My decision to withdraw from the championship still stands
  13. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Really? You're going to let this get to you that much? At the end of the day, what do you race for? There are no prizes. Race to have fun, competitive fun.. But still fun.
    I can see where you're coming from but if Chev feels he's been hard done by he has a right to protest. As does anyone. I don't think you should be having a go at him though, calling him a sook and what not. Doesn't look good on your behalf.
    The decision has been made, cop it and move on. You can't tell me you haven't had a good time racing this season? Don't let it stop you from there being any more to come.
    If anything it looks like you're the one having a sook.. You're spitting the dummy and giving up. No im not having a go at you. I just think your actions are a little childish.
    Don't let it get to you.. Nobody here is out to ruin the fun for anyone else. I know in a competitive environment things can get heated. But is it all worth it in the end?

Might just be having a bit of a ramble haha.. But thats just my thoughts on it. :)
  14. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Yes Doug, you are right, I do this for fun mate. Not to be personally attacked or be the subject of Chev feeling hard done by. It has become plainly evident that Chev always feels hard done by if he doesn't have a picture perfect race and it's never his fault when he commits what I call dog acts
    I can confidently say I was the cleanest and most consistent driver that last race, made the least mistakes and only had 1 penalty when i was all alone in the lead. I was squeezed, I was rammed, I was driven off the track but I'm not the kind that cries and makes protests because it doesn't matter in the end. If slipstream was not a factor in this race I would've won by a country mile! Maybe I did make a few seconds in the pits because I expected as I always do for the program to take me in as it always does i'm not sure, but to tell me i didn't deserve the win and this is the only reason why I won?? Not looking at the whole picture and giving me any opportunity? It's laughable mate! I don't need this.
    The decision has been made looking at one side that suits Chev and the clan. Fair enough, I copped it and I'm moving on just not part of the championship as I cannot and will not allow myself to be subjected to such nonsense.
  15. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

My fastest lap was 4:17.1xx, which is alot slower than I expected my fastest to be. My qualy lap was mental....I nailed every corner, super smooth and clean, bagged a 4:15.8xx..like 1 second quicker than my practice best.

Chev, above is a quote you posted on the division 2 wall

Oh btw, my Qualy lap was super clean mate, 100% :):):):)ing legit. I never perform as well in the race itself, I get too nervous and make small mistakes. We all have our little flaws. The qualy time I got was a PB for me..but only just. For once I had a good qualy session, so :):):):)ing sue me!

And this is what you said last night. So you mean to say "only just" is finding over a second on your previous best lap with all the practise you put in?? In a 1 lap shoot out??

Even at Monaco the same thing happened because your speed in the race was not consistent with your quali time as all you did all race long is hold me up. I was very glad in the end you got your just deserve anyway and snake snuck through for the win with me in second! :) Loved it actually
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That should have said 1/10th sorry. My phone is a Nazi.
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    So basically you didn't practice the pit entry, and f..ked it up during the race. You're still not ackowledging the fact you cut the corner and made up time there. Believe it or not, this is what the penalty is for.

No.. You're conveniently ignoring the very next sentence where I said "This was not factored in as a part of the incident."
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Um.........guys this is a real shame to finish this way, and i dont have anything to do with this..... BUT can i make a suggestion that we make a thread for a correct (for want of a better word) procedure to deal with these issues?

Not being in div 1, but still on the forum reading it, does leave somewhat of a bitter taste in the mouth given i assume we are all here for fun, if not serious fun. Not only that, for the sake of the league we want the fastest drivers involved to keep what so many of us enjoy viable.

We've all had our scrapes in races, maybe even raised an eyebrow or two, but there has to be a better way.

I will later today start a thread with thoughts on a procedure to follow in these situations purely so each party feels they have a fair crack of the whip.

If anyone feels that would be out of line or none of my business just say so here before i post the new thread, and i will get back in my box !

Stu

EDIT, this isnt a dig at anyone, and perhaps a procedure was followed, but i am not aware of any official 'procedure' that should be followed in these situations.
  19. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Just a word from the mod's who made the decision. Flood came to us with the situation and left driver names out, so we had no idea who gained an advantage and who lost out.

Shortcuts that are handled in game normally cost you about 2-4 seconds depending on what kind of corner you cut (worst on a slow corner onto a straight), by cutting a corner without a penalty you typically gain up to a second. So the in game penalty can be considered 2x-4x the potential gain.

If the observed shortcut only gained a second or two then maybe no penalty would have been applied (it would come under the 3 strikes rule for accidental shortcuts, however it was reported that there was a time gain of 5 seconds. Deliberate or not, 5 seconds is significant so based on the in game ratio of gain:penalty it was decided that a 2x penalty be applied on an estimated gain of 5 seconds. Thus a 10 second post race penalty.

We cannot allow drivers to think they can start cutting some corners otherwise the fairness of the league is diminished.

To reiterate, this decision was made by the mods based on the situation with no knowledge of the drivers in the interest of fairness.

PS. I have cleaned up some of the posts that add nothing to the div 1 season 5 topic.
  20. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Outta, the significant word here is "estimate" but in this case it is not even an estimate, it's a guestimate. Flood told me I only had a 3 sec margin before pitting when infact i had nearly a four second margin "heresay". The last split showed I was 8 sec ahead and yes I'm not denying i ran in too fast, therefore it was "estimated" that I made 5 seconds when infact it was just over 4 sec. This does not take into account at all with the fact that Chev was way too early on the brakes before pit entry clearly showed by Jezza's frustration who was almost tempted to go around him on entry. At such a slow speed 1 second is nothing more than a few car lenghts therefore I reckon he gave away at least another second just there and the reason he got gobbled up by thestig who was what looked like about 8 seconds behind him before pitting and managed to get out in front of him in all the tangle.
    Furthermore, you making a decision without being fully informed and just on heresay?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.