Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Stu, in the interest of all the drivers moving forward in the future, I think you make a very valid point. As a CAMS full national racing license holder, also engaged as a driver standards observer and an advanced driver trainer, I receive as part of my renewal a CAMS code of conduct manual every year. Obtaining a manual is not very hard and a great place to start with knowing how situations should be properly and professionally handled. Otherwise, I see a bitter demise or nothing more than a bunch of mates catching up here and there.

I make one more point before I disappear. Even in just this season alone in just this division, I have been witness and a victim to many many situations that would normally easy require a penalty. I counted at least half a dozen in just the last race alone. I think it is quite clear what this is all about
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I don't have split times available when watching the replay. I'm using a stopwatch and bridges/marks on the track to use as reference points, that is as accurate as I can possibly get.

LOL, seriously?? Splitting hairs here mate. Fairly reasonable "estimate" in my opinion.

This is your own, very subjective, opinion. What I saw was Chev and Jezza slow to ensure they made the chicane.
    You didn't brake at all, how do you know where a reasonable brake marker would be?

And now you're questioning the mods decision making. Just keep digging that hole buddy...
  3. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Pagone youre carry on here is doing nothing to help the situation.
    If you feel hard done by, what do you think would be fair and reasonable?
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

We made decision on the type of penalty based on the observations of Flood. Flood has no reason to be biased, he didn't gain out of the situation, and presented the scenario with anonymous driver details.

So no, I haven't viewed the replay, but the mods discussed what kind of penalty should be applied where a driver cut a corner and gained several seconds. We (mods) didn't determine guilt (which you haven't denied), just the level of penalty.
  5. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Carn, thanks for the offer of resolution but I don't think anything can be done to save this situation as I am not a part of it anymore. Worry about working on a proper and professional structure in order to attract, protect and keep any future driver wanting to get involved.

Flood, I wont even dignify your last post with any response. I have lost respect for you
  6. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Likewise.
  7. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    No worries pagone, since you have such disrespect for the site ill assume you wont mind being banned for a while.

Enjoy.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Ok all done, the result is, there was a deliberate penaliseable offence committed, reviewed by the stewards and acknowledged by the offender. An appropriate penalty (lenient for Div 1) issued, all done as fairly and professionally as you can get, should be the end of it. No need to quit Pagone, you admitted the breach, should be now taking the penalty, no problem. This is why the real racers fight it all out behind the scenes, all the public and other racers see is the result, incident upheld and penalty issued, move onto next race.

Just a reminder to all, if you have an issue with a race incident, by all means report it to the room host or pm one of the website Moderators and be rest assured it will be looked at with out favour and any clearly defined breaches will be upheld. If incidents have been happening and are not reported we can't do anything about that and to use that as an excuse to not serve a penalty and call the incident review panel Bias because we havent dealt with them is not fair. We do pride ourselves here on running a fair clean operation.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

What? You're still on about this Pagone? Drop it, you're done.
  10. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    well said bonus, hopefully that cleared the storm. i can't believe how far this has blown out not only in DIV 1 but in DTM aswell.
    but at the end of the day it only a games boys, and 2morrow a new day.... :)
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    ^^^ This, there's no need to get so worked up over a game, it's a shame now that we seem to have lost a very talented driver in Pagone, I'll certainly miss competing with him, but at the same time Pags, it's just no use letting it get to you like this, if you'd noticed any questionable behaviour from others in past events it's up to you and your discretion whether or not you report them, at the same time Chev, it's probably not the best course of action to discuss any qualms you have in the post race lobby either, I dunno, it's just my opinion, as I said, it's a real shame it's come to this, but hey, what can you do.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

He brought the fight bonus. After I took the correct action he could do nothing but launch a prolonged personal attack at me. Anyways, its over mate.
  13. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No prob Chev he did go on the attack and not sure why, as he did admit to gaining 4 seconds not 5, and you followed the right procedure. Its always a touchy subject being accused of an incident, but if you are found to have breached the rules then you must accept the review committees decision. You can argue it by PM but not in the public arena, it will always turn ugly that way.
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Thankfully now that drama is all over, I'll try get results from Sarthe posted up tonight.

Is there anyone who doesn't have the DLC?
    I was thinking of opening up a room for practice this Thursday night for anyone, any division, who doesn't have access to Spa.
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    My lounge is set to Spa, I think anyone on my friends list can jump in at any time and run there, regardless of my presence
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

We have got a proper and professional structure; we were only protecting to keep any existing and future drivers wanting to get involved, by penalising cheaters to ensure we are all on a level playing field. This is what you are asking for, yet you the one bringing the standards down, how do you expect respect on one hand, and not respect Flood on the other, who was just upholding the standards you just asked for.
  17. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I totally agree Bonus, really he's just contradicted himself in one paragraph and he reckons he's a member of CAMS so he should know better
  18. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hey flood did the div 1 results actually get posted?
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 7 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
    Ignoring the post-race drama, I think this round was enjoyed by all, with some very close battles right throughout the race.

1. jezza1
    2. Pagone41 (+10s to race time penalty, relegated to 2nd)
    3. Chevwah
    4. thestig-13
    5. SNAKEiSM
    6. FloodSim
    7. Cyber_STIG_77
    8. blueyonder-666-

Fastest Laps
    4:14.987 jezza1
    4:16.064 Pagone41
    4:17.116 Chevwah
    4:17.998 thestig-13
    4:18.401 FloodSim
    4:18.964 blueyonder-666-
    4:19.261 SNAKEiSM
    4:19.281 Cyber_STIG_77
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    They are now.
    Was just waiting for the drama to subside.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.