Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Wow, second last in the fastest lap standings, pathetic! I'd lapped more than 3 seconds quicker than that in practice without any slipstream, goes to show how much clean air I had during the race, practically none :/
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I didn't know you could do that; I'll have to check it out sometime.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea that ability was part of the deciding factor to include the Spa bonus round, as no one would be at a disadvantage for practise if they didn't want to purchase. ;)
  5. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    And that was part of my reason for running a practice session; for those who didn't have the track to get at least some practice. Turns out that wasn't neccessary haha.

Glad I ran the session though, we got a good turn out. We had 12 drivers there, some from every division, and had a few 3 lap races.
    I think Snake ended up with the fastest time on a 29.1?
  6. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Great stuff organising flood, 12 for a practice session is a great turnout
  7. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

sorry for the late write-up everyone, just havent gotten around to it.

anyway, qualifying started and we had 1 flying lap to do our times. i went out before pagone and chevwah, and after snake. snake was the early pole grabber with a 4 16 who had to wait around for the rest of us to come through and complete our laps. i went across the line just over a second quicker then him, and pagone and chev ended up getting second and third on the grid, so the top 4 were within a second of each other! well done to everyone for doing clean laps during the qualifying, it was good to have just 1 quick lap as the lap you gotta rely on for where you start on the grid, makes it more pressuring to do a good lap first time.

race: got off the grid badly, i actually got a 0.5-1 second penalty for jumping too early lol, so i thought i would be overtaken heading for the first turn. i looked behind and saw the next couple of rows back about the same usual distance away from me, so i was wondering what was going on. first little chicane turns came up, and i braked too late for them going wide on the first turn, then cutting the second one with a bad line which made me get a penalty and dropped to the back of the grid...like a reverse grid race. after slowly getting through the pack, i was behind cyber_stig, who accidentally braked too late for the fast kink turn and ran into the sand, allowing me to get back a position and have some clean air chasing the leaders about 4 seconds infront. once i caught up it was a hectic battle for the lead lol, overtakes and dive moves everywhere! it was a really fun fight which lasted about 4 laps with almost no space to even move. eventually a little accident happened, with me slightly braking too late and trying to avoid chev which i did by going wide, and pagone coming with me into the wall i think. this let snake past us hunting down chev out the front, and me and pagone having to try and catch up, with stig and the others close behind. me and stig-13 had 2 or so laps together battling to try and catch up after another small accident...those straights really help you get some speed! lap 7 was the pitstop lap, with pagone going in first, chev a few seconds back, and me a few seconds behind him after slightly shaking off stig and snake. i didnt know where the line was for the pitstop because i never practised it, so i was really cautious coming in, but chev was even more careful making me close the gap to him a bit on entry. after the pits which slowed me down about 9 seconds to pagone, i was now 14 seconds behind pagone who had a great pitstop and had some clean air infront of him with no dramas. i think everyone got held up in the pits, especially chev because i got out infront of him, and so did cyber stig from memory, so he lost alot of time. the people who stayed out until lap 8 got it easy haha. once i managed to get clear enough of the threat of cyber stig getting my slipstream down the straights, i set off trying to catch pagone who wasnt even on my map which is zoomed out a fair bit. i could see the split times though, and they were slowly coming down every time, resulting in about 1.5 seconds a lap. lap 9 was my quickest lap of the race, setting the 4 14 9 trying to close the gap to pagone out front. after about 2 more laps pagone finally showed up on my distance map lol, so i could see i was closing in, but he was also doing "hold your breath" driving to make sure he kept the gap out just enough without making any mistakes or going off the track. the next 2 laps were low 4 15's trying to catch pagone out front, but the gap was still quite big, but still coming down. at the end of lap 13 at the final chicane, i managed to get the gap down to about 2.5-3 seconds when i was being too "alien" and had a weird line heading in, which made me cut the chicane slightly and getting a 10 second penalty. my jaw pretty much dropped because something like that had to happen during the pressuring time, i just didnt want it to lol. from there chev was too far behind to be able to take 2nd away from me, so i just drove on hoping pagone would stuff up and go off (sorry pagone :)). that didnt happen because pag was too consistent. i then dropped back to 11 seconds behind after this, and finished just 7.6 seconds behind with what could have been a last lap battle for the win if the race kept happening like it was turning out. chev came in third to take the last podium spot, well done on the good race, and well done to everyone for their hard driving on this tough track with heaps of penalties.

its a shame pagone pulled out of the last race, it would have made for a really exciting finish to the season! reading some of the stuff that was being said by some of the racers after the le-mans race, although not really allowed, was quite entertaining...made our page count go up anyway.

anyway, well done to everyone on the tough le-mans race. everyone seemed to get through it without too many problems, and some great battles were had throughout the field. way too many penalties on that track, i was scared to go around the corners haha :p
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Good racing by all tonight, it was a great race. Gratz to Jezza, Flood, and Enforcer. You guys were super quick! Unfortunetely I had to retire in the last couple of laps due to some technical difficulties, but up until then I was having a good time racing with everyone. Sorry to anyone who was distracted by my big off at Eu Rouge. The replay shows that I didn't actually hit anyone or wreck anyones race but my own, but anyways. I'm not really sure what happened there, I took the corner no differently than in practice on cold tyres, so not sure why I got so wide.

Big thanks to Flood for hosting, your stable connection really helped us to have some solid, trouble free racing. Thanks everyone else for some great close racing throughout the season, it's been a joy. Not really sure if I will be racing in Season 6, as my practice times tend to clash with alot of other activities, and I really need to practice to race with you guys. Anyways, we will see what happens.
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 8 - Spa Francorchamps

[​IMG]

1. jezza1
    2. FloodSim
    3. ENFORCER_98
    4. natmanscoop
    5. blueyonder-666-
    6. SNAKEiSM
    7. thestig-13
    8. Chevwah
    9. Cyber_STIG_77 (DNF)

Fastest Laps
    2:27.712 jezza1
    2:28.513 Chevwah
    2:28.719 natmanscoop
    2:28.946 SNAKEiSM
    2:29.428 thestig-13
    2:29.612 blueyonder-666-
    2:29.620 ENFORCER_98
    2:29.639 FloodSim
    2:29.775 Cyber_STIG_77
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Man what a miserable race I had last night, what could have been a second place, I just threw away, my quickest lap in the race was still 3 tenths off my best in practice, with a full tank! The biggest issue for me last night was front tyre wear, they were totally shot after a 9 lap stint, after 5 or so laps I really started to struggle with understeer and it was causing me to come unstuck big time, I ended up letting Enforcer by right before the first pitstop due to a stupid SC penalty *cue cursewords*, emerged from the pits as we had entered, after a few laps I had pegged the gap slightly to around 1 second before I decided it was a good idea to get a penalty up Eu Rouge *cursewords*, seriously, I don't know what the f#ck was going on last night but Eu Rouge seemed so inconsistent, I'd try to take the same line every time but on occasion I'd just understeer wide and get penalties, I was getting bloody furious! anyway, after the first few laps of the second stint it all really fell apart, got hit with countless penalties, lack of concentration due to frustration, it just wasn't my night, disappointing as I was pretty quick in practice, well done though Jezza, in a class of your own yet again, and Flood and Enforcer for the podiums.
  11. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Couldn't be happier with my result last night, I think this is my best Div 1 race and championship result ever.
    As usual I was far from the fastest man on track, more like slowest, but clean driving and consistency got me a good result.
    In seasons gone by consistency is something I struggled with, little mistakes ended up costing me decent results. But this season I've netted some good finishes, so it's nice to feel as though there was some improvement this time round.
    I think alot of it was down to the car selection though; I found the G37 pretty easy to drive. It was quite tame and would take a big mistake in order to spin.

Anyway, my race...
    Didn't get close to my fastest lap in quali, I think I put in a 2:30.x which started me down in 8th. I think 3 or 4 guys got penalties through Eau Rouge on lap 1, so I found myself up a few spots, but later in the lap got muscled a bit and found myself back in last, but still keeping up with the guys in front.
    Over the next few laps I drove cleanly and watched as those in front of me made mistakes, gifting me easy positions, finding myself in 4th.

Pitted on lap 8 and once pit stops were sorted out I was surprised to see I had leapfrogged Snake who must have hit trouble somewhere and I was now in 3rd. Yonder was a few seconds ahead, Enforcer and Snake were a few seconds behind; I was fully expecting them to chase me down, but over the next few laps I seemed to be maintaining the gap.

I started thinking I might be in for a good finish; especially because I suspected Yonder was having trouble with tires as he pitted earlier than I expected. I was confident of catching Yonder, and so long as I could keep those behind me, I could be in line for a 2nd place. Jezza is in first, no chance of being caught.

Initially I think yonder started to pull away, but I did managed to chase him down, making a nice clean move at the end of the straight with 4 or so laps to go.
    From there on it was just a matter of keeping it clean to maintain position, which I managed to do, and took out 2nd place.

No penalties, no major mistakes, a couple of times I out-braked myself but nothing that cost too much time. So overall I'm happy with how I drove, in what was my final Sunday League race.
    After 5 seasons straight, it's time for a break, so I won't be taking part in Season 6. I'll still be around here and will most likely get involved with some other events but Season 6 won't be one of them.

Thanks to all that participated this season, from my perspective the quality of the racing was top notch.
    Also a big thanks to the mods and guys who run the site; without them the league wouldn't exist. And good luck to everyone next season!
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Good job on your second place flood, pity to see you leave for a break, i know it is a commitment racing in this league with practicing to keep up with the pace and i too feel like i need a break. We got Christmas and New Year to get over it so might see you still Flood, hope so i was looking forward to racing you again.
    Congrats to Jezza on becoming a Div1 champion, in a prestigious group there Jezza and deservedly so. Its been good for all the divisions to have some of the worlds best GT5ers in Div 1, it gives us an idea of what best lap times are humanly possible and in Jezzs case what are alien possible. Good stuff Div 1 guys we all look up to you and are inspired to doo better by the standards you set. Really learnt a lot by running in practice sessions with you guys and appreciate all the tips. Hope to see you all next season and in some of the random races that will be organised over the break, keep an eye on the forum.
  13. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Bravo Bonus, Bravo.
  14. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Cheers flood , i dont blame you for wanting a break i think the only original left to have raced all 5 seasons now maybe tek? , most of us have taken a break from it at some point its pretty intense.
    I miss the racing heaps but just cant commit at the moment
    Well done to div 1 this season as well.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea getting slower n slower :p Not sure on season 6 yet, I'll wait till sign up time to make decision.
  16. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Yeah, we'll see what happens.
    With the entire car list opened up to potentially be used I guess I could be tempted back if the car chosen is too good to resist. Multi-make season anyone??
  17. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer multi make possible i guess but will need a lot of testing, i did some with the XR8 and the 2010 comaro and they were real close. Some tracks suited the Comaro better and others suited the XR8 but all in all really close @ the right Hp and weight, not sure if setting the no tune will have the same effect as the weight and Hp setting we did. Any how plenty of time to do some testing guys, get to it so we get something special to keep the interest going.
  18. carn_the_pies

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
  19. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Bonus, for the record seeing I was unable to respond to your comments earlier. Not denying running into the pits fast expecting the pit lane program to pick me up is not stating I deliberately intended to gain an unfair advantage.

This leaves you with making false, misleading and slanderous comments against me.

I don't care much about insects and rhodents, they have their place but as a supposed authority of this league I remind you that you can be accountable for real world action when making such strong claims without evidence.

The reason I logged on was to work out how to remove my name and any association I have/had with this league but have not been successful in doing so. I believe I have the right and should be able to at any time delete my membership.

I suggest to you Bonus to immediately remove my psn name from the members list.
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Reading bonus' posts he doesnt slander you in any way shape or form.......You said the 5 second advantage was inaccurate, but then claimed a 4 second advantage was gained, which you were penalized for. Get a grip :|

As they say, Dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

And yes i know its not my business, but guys like this really give me the :):):):)s.

real world.....pffft
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.