GT5 GT5 UPDATES/DLC

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SEIDO463, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    http://www.gtplanet.net/update-coming-october-27th/

Just as the North American gamers are getting to grips with yesterdays DLC addition, Kazunori Yamauchi has announced a game update. The update will address issues gamers have brought up with the Spec 2.0 version of the game released earlier this month:

We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice
    2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.
    3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.
    Many more minor adjustments have been made, but something like this.
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-5-dlc-approximately-every-two-months/

Nnnniiiice

IGN has published their most recent interview with Kazunori Yamauchi, where he provides fairly detailed responses to some familiar questions. Notably, he offers a rough timeline of how often we can expect new content to be introduced in Gran Turismo 5:

I think that will include cars and trucks that well be releasing maybe once every two months or so from here on out. What we do from here on is also really dependent on the reaction of the users to this first DLC that we just released because this is the first one.

Its not clear whether the use of trucks (instead of tracks) in this sentence is the result of an inaccurate translation or transcription, but it is worth noting. Confirming recent comments from an SCEE representative, Kazunori re-iterated that GT5s future additions are ready to go:

We have a pool of materials that are possible to release and it was just something that I decided with the team. We decided the vehicles and tracks and content in this first DLC was going to be our starting point.

Exactly whats in that pool of materials is up to speculation, but the 25 track logos GTPlanets community discovered earlier this year may offer some hints about whats to surface from those murky depths.

Notably, Kazunori also re-confirmed that Gran Turismo 6s development is underway, and commented about how the games new features will ultimately be chosen:

Of course were working on GT6 already and I think what really will be the separating factor is something that we cant update through a DLC is something that obviously has to be saved for GT6. Things that we can provide through DLC we will, so thats really the market difference.
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    mmmmmm interesting stuff, GT6 mmmmmmm one can only hope, wish and pray australia get abit more in this edition.
    like V8's (new and old school) and some aussie tracks.
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    All of us should put our inputs/ideas on the Feedback section of the gtplanet website.

Kaz, himself recognises gtplanet and checks the feedback there.

I've put in a few things there recently. Great site.
  7. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Bathurst!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    http://www.gtplanet.net/new-spec-v-gt-r-coming-to-gran-turismo-5-on-monday/

Polyphony Digital has announced a new special Time Trial Challenge Seasonal Event, which will go live on Monday, November 21 at 12:01 PST.

For participating, players will receive a special Nissan GT-R Spec V, as seen above. If it looks familiar, thats probably because you likely already have it sitting on your desk or bookshelf its the exact same Kyosho die-cast GT-R Spec V that was included in the Gran Turismo 5 Collectors Edition.

It should be noted this has only been announced on Polyphony Digitals North American website, so European and Asian players would be safe to assume the event and car will not be available in those regions. Thanks to MrMulsanne for the early tip!

UPDATE: The GT Facebook page has now confirmed this event will be available world-wide.
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  11. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    The next DLC looks like it going to hold some top little goodies, new LM race car, lambo and a DRAG STRIP!!!
    1/4 mile rubber burning drags hell yeah. hope its been setup with all reaction times and so on! if not its going to be a bit of a disappointment, but hey can't have everything :)
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

For me, this track pack (albeit only 1) will be like the last: I will be buying it! The car pack looks good too except for the elec car, so 5 of 6 isn't too bad :)
  14. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i'm in like an off his chops bloke after fat chick on a weekend!!! how many cars u wanna lose???? :lol: :lol:
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

credit: GTplanet.net
    For those too lazy to click :p

I am suddenly not so sure about the track, if all it is a test track... I don't drag or drift so will it be of any fun use? Maybe someone will let us know!
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    WICKED!!!! Top info rumbles!
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I still remember when Kaz tweeted that DLC would be every two months. This is 2 DLC in 2 months so does that mean it's going to be 3 months until the next one? :p
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    not sure m8. but i hope not.