Sim Controls AC combining axis

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Confused Serval, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

Hey everyone,
    I have only noticed this tonight while trying to learn the Brno circuit for tomorrow, but AC seems to be combining the axis on my accelerator and brake pedals, it was never like this and even attempting to deselect combine axis does nothing.

I will do some debugging work tomorrow, but I'm not sure on the issue, and it would explain why in my single player my left foot braking wasn't working! (brake + accelerator = zero effect as if you were not touching any pedal). I did just build this PC lately and its my first foray into Windows 10, so its a possibility?

Other than that the only thing I can think of is that I still have my Saitek flight stuff plugged in and it could be confusing the game. any ideas?

edit: Wheel is a basic Driving force GT
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You got me mate. Are the wheel drivers up to date??
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I have a DFGT as well and noticed the same thing @Confused Serval. No idea on a solution though :(, I will do some googling at work today
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    only thing I can think of is check what it comes up in the logitech profiler if it is all clear then maybe try recalibrating using the wizard setup in AC may of been just a small glitch and AC forgot your settings.Each time i boot up AC i always calibrate my pedals and handbrake otherwise travel can be off :coffee:
  5. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I think there is a setting in Windows that does that... You might need to uncheck it.. I can't remmeber what setting it is... But in saying this AC has it in game too, so make sure its turned off
  6. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

All fixed! it seems either my Logitech profiler was out of date or Windows 10 messed it up.
    I updated the profiler direct from their website, re-calibrated from that then re-calibrated in AC and made some adjustments. The difference is night and day!

I can actually turn now and the steering responds, the throttle and brake go to full effect and the car is alot more controlled. No more just explosive steering and odd braking.

@Peter, try the same method and hopefully it fixes your issues, but the difference is amazing, it is like a whole new controller now.
    Peter Wise and Mael like this.
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    There was a checkbox added to the logitech profiler for combined pedals. That was ticked so I unticked it and will find out shorlty if that was the issue
    Confused Serval likes this.
  8. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

I had this but it wouldn't allow me to uncheck, it could not identify 2 separate axis. The updated drivers fixed all this.
  9. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    I was able to untick mine but i did the same as you anyway and did a fresh install and recalibrate and everything worked a treat today
  10. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

Ah good, I hope to see you in the race next Monday! I had a good race last night, still a back marker but it was a very reliable clean race. Taught me to work on setups and practice though! my pit strategy was bad, haste setup from 30 minutes prior and it resulted in average times and position.