ACC ACC Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wally, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Rolz likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yeah man, I’m really struggling with anything beyond abs/tc tyre pressure and perhaps a little ARB...too scared to touch the rest haha
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    nanlatt and Frostwa like this.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

@Rolz would you mind posting that setup link again? I can't find it :oops:
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Pablo likes this.
  5. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Rolz likes this.
  7. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

My understanding is that softening the front ARB usually reduces understeer but in ACC (in the Huracan at least) it seems to be the opposite. What are others' experience with this?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  8. Wally

Wally Team Driver

From the link I posted up the top:

Play with the front antiroll bar (ARB). This is tricky as you might achieve less understeer if you soften it (lower numbers) as you might expect. But attention, if this doesn't work, go the other way around and you might get a bit less understeer if you stiffen it (!) because by doing that you might make the suspension go less on the bumpstop and make the rear roll more and rotate the car.
    Pablo likes this.
  9. Shaun

Shaun New Recruit Gold Member

Hi guys. New to ACC and last night I lost one of my setups. The file is still there and the time stamp is correct from my last save but the settings are all different and nothing I’ve used before. It’s not even the same as any of the default setups. Worked on the setup in single player and went into the Spa Hotlap server yesterday which was working fine. Have since tried to go back into single player practice only to find the fields different. Is there anyway of getting it back? Any help would be good. Cheers.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've had good setups get mangled by ACC for some reason or another... also back pre-1.2 days I would overwrite a good saved setup due to their stupid load/save options... since then I have that stuff saved to OneDrive and if I have an issue I can at least restore back to previous versions if needed.
    Suggest you look into that too
  11. Shaun

Yeh I’ll have to look into it. Spent hours on the setup and to have it just gone was pretty disappointing. Thanks for the advice
    Rolz likes this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

has happened to me as well mate, something buggy going on with custom set-ups but I hope it is becoming more stable. Best advice - back em up once in a while as Rolz said.
  13. Shaun

So with some ideas from ZenRazo it pans out that my setup works perfectly fine when I don’t use a custom livery which is pretty bloody weird but definitely fixed the issue when I just chose a normal team car. Previously the car was cooking its tires and brakes even with the ducts fully open and the brakes set the weakest. I knew something was buggy but for it to be a custom paint livery is weird. Anyways hopefully I’ll now only be 2 seconds off pace and not 4.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  14. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

I'm having some trouble with my set up for Nurburgring. I keep losing the back end under braking, mid corner, off throttle, at turn 10. I don't think it is a brake bias issue as I have this set at 58% and if anything I tend to lock the fronts. Tyre temps and pressures are in the green. Any ideas? Maybe play with the diff?
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Something that Aris mentioned one time is to lower the bump stop range in the front so that the front hits the bump stops quickly and stops the car pitching forward under brakes. Keeps the aero platform more stable. Could be worth a try.
    Pablo likes this.
  16. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Does anyone know what the TC2 setting does on the 488? @tezpez85 ?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I believe TC1 controls how early the TC kick in, while TC2 controls how much torque is reduced. Maybe a Ferrari user can elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong.
    Pablo and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes I think nanlatt has it correct. TC1 is how soon it kicks in, TC2 is how strong.

I pretty much leave TC2 on 3 or 4 and then adjust TC1 during the race based on conditions. TC2 above 4 seems like it just saps way too much power whenever it is triggered for my liking. I usually have TC1 set on 2 when I am feeling good about the track in the dry, sometimes I start with it a bit higher and work downwards as the tyres heat up/car lightens. I am pretty sure that having TC2 lower would also be quicker but would require fine control of the throttle.

This said, I think Tez has done the most testing with the 488 and is actually going fast (unlike me) so his opinion/explanation would likely be much more valuable than mine!
    Pablo and nanlatt like this.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

One bit of advice I recall from Aris is to keep TC1 and TC2 values similar, e.g. +/- 1 of each other.
    nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Sorry for the late reply Pablo, only logged in after a month or so. I thought TC1 was strength and TC2 was cut, though I could be wrong. I just diddled with them til it felt right.
    Pablo likes this.