Logitech Apparent USB port (G25) fault solved by Windows Update?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by stonemonkey, Mar 29, 2012.

1. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Originally posted in the iR2 League forum ...

I think my G25 has :):):):) itself ... :/

---

Fixed ...! Bizarrely ..! Or am I just a total :):):):)wit .!?

G25 wouldn't connect to pc ...
    Re-installed G25 driver ...
    Tried G25 in adjacent USB port on m/board, but still the wheel doesn't initialise ..!
    So it's my m/board ...?
    Disable/uninstall all USB devices ...
    Re-install BIOS ...
    Re-install devices ...
    G25 wouldn't connect to pc ...
    Disable/uninstall all USB devices ...
    Connect G25 to random USB port ... pc looks for driver ... and it works ..!
    Re-install all devices, with G25 in original port, and it's dead again ... same in that adjacent port ...
    So two USB slots are down, the rest are fine ...?
    I dig out some error codes ... 10 and 43 ... which do turn out to be USB related issues, but I've already tried all the fixes suggested ...
    The two ports that aren't working, are my two USB3 ports, and I have no clue what could cause such a discrete fault, other than the m/board screwing up ..?
    And then some dude has posted somewhere that a Windows Update might provide a fix ... really ... a security file ..? Some office product update ...? A Win 7 update ..?
    How the heck are they related to the functionality of a portion of my m/board ..?

Well ... I still don't know how they are connected, but it seems they are, coz now it all works again !!!

Anybody help me out here? I know some of you boys are pretty slick and savvy with yer IT skills :)
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  3. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Heeheehee ... funny :):):):)er :lol: