ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Wally

Wally Team Driver

andyo450 likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have changed up the ROOZ servers.

The Singapore servers are now called ROOZ Global servers and have SA70-SA80 with one running short races at Zandvoort, one running 2x 30 minute races with track rotation and the other with longer format 60 minute races and track rotation.

With no pit limits yet there is little point in running the Aussie servers open and so we may as well run the Singapore servers for the pub servers if anyone wants racing there. And with not many Aussies outside our group joining the Aussie servers will keep them password test servers and race night servers for the time being.

The 2 aussie servers both have password (rooztest) with rules tests on both (pit window currently) the other is same rules but also has cars added in teams to test driver swaps as in this thread.
    Rolz and Captain Barracuda like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up a test server build thats meant to allow grids up to max pit spots. It didnt allow more then 30 cars in a pub server but seemed to work in the private servers. There is another build meant to allow more in pub servers but the ones running atm have possibly fixed the weather issues so I will test that first.

New admin handbook hints at users being able to put up a cp server. I think what they will do is have them all fixed format or only minor adjustments possible but allowed to be hosted by 3rd parties and come up as official CP servers. This may end up flooding the system with too many cp servers but it could become the new standard higher SA pub servers. I just hope they allow proper rules and not sure how they will stop people running it on poor low bandwith server setups but I think its a good step.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.

• The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.

• The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.
    krunch, Rolz, Bueller and 1 other person like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Woeoeoeoeowowow!
    Bueller likes this.
  9. Rolz

epic
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will be interesting to see what the 1.4 update brings, more server options and lots of improvements for game features?

We may even get a few things we have been asking for since day 1, the mp interface is so terrible for Australian users atm so fingers crossed we get something in this update to improve the experiance. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it but at some point they need to realise they sell the game outside of Europe too. :p
  11. Rolz

The only thing I am severely disappointed about is the planned release to current consoles... I anticipate the amount of optimisation focus that will be spent on them to make it playable is a wasted resource... again logic seems to be out the window here.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

business logic is sound though, it is what I would do if it was my product.
    marty likes this.
  13. Rolz

oh I agree, it's an easy money grab... I would have had no issues with them supporting the next gen consoles... But with the current batch they will need to seriously neuter it to make it play acceptable... there is enough people with PC's that moan about playability...
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes 100% agree - I'm hoping that rather than spread the resources more thinly, this gives them more $$$ to expand their resources, especially in the optimisation area.
  15. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Hi Guys i have just got this game and had a bit of a run in the hot lap room last night, thanks Marty. I have joined the Discord channel but I don't have permission to view the posts is there something else I need to do?.I will try and join some races but I can't commit to a season as I don't know my work hours and days.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

hey man, I think marty or someone else with discord admin needs to give you some kind of superpowers to read chat history.

welcome to ACC mate! Look forward to racing you - we have two leagues on the go at the moment, a monday and a Wednesday league. Mondays is a 14 week season but also has sprint cup, enduro cup and Intercontinental GT challenge built in - so even if you can’t make all the races, chances are you will still place in at least one of those!

Wednesday's league is 5 rounds (5 weeks) of sprint races, and new one starts when the old one ends - so again plenty of chances to get involved!
  17. Rolz

We need SteamID - Just a shame I can't keep this thread up the top so ppl can easily find it
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.p...username-guid-join-the-rooz-steam-group.1370/
  18. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Thanks Steve I will try that...I posted my SteamID back in June last year I will repost it now Thanks Rolz
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  19. Rolz

Hey all, there are already a few ROOZ members taking part in the OOR 6hr Nurburgring event... would be good to get a few more of us to represent ROOZ :)
    https://forms.gle/sPicpr8gqkigxozy5
    nanlatt likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Any idea what the actual race start time is, Saturdays I am rarely available during the day but could do if its later in the evening.