AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    www.assettocorsa.net
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-faq-game-description.91105/

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Join us on the ROOZ Steam Group - http://steamcommunity.com/search/users/#filter=groups&text=raceonoz

So Beau, picked this out of the rFactor 2 thread and thought I'd kick off some discussion... want to elaborate?! ;) The big draw card I've picked up on so far is that Asetto Corsa claims laser scanned, fully offically liscensed with 'car performance and behaviour certified by manufacturers' - compared to pCars which is all unlicensed. I take it you've tried a demo or something?
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

just bought netKar and tried the Corsa build. really really nice!!

actually even netKar is good, and only 7 euro. and it's screams on my laptop. although don't know how it'll go with other cars on track...

and thanks for the tip Beau :D
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey, Yeah I've been searching pretty hard for the next big sim, after iRacing. I've tried just about all of em. I bought netkarpro and downloaded the Assetto Corsa Demo. I was impressed. I think with a powerfull pc, it will be awesome.

To sum up my first impression,Looks like a refined Gran Turismo with PC sim physics and Modding support :)
    Sadly, I think Assetto Corsa might completely overshadow rFactor2.
  4. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

at the moment it's the cold hard truth, they are already on the right track with Assetto Corsa. hell i'm even keen on a little netKar action if it hits off in here. it looks perfectly decent and has a fun physics engine. not bad at all for a 5 year old sim.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    So netkar looks similar to the original rFactor eh? Except the surface rain water and aqua-planing in the promo vid looks a bit more advanced than rF1 perhaps... www.netkar-pro.com

I take it purchasing (or having previously purchased) netKar Pro is the only way to access the Assetto demo at the moment.

What content do they have in the AC demo so far, just the Lotus Elise and one track?

I will download for myself later. Prettied up the first post with some screen shots. There's plenty more at the AC website. Tried to embed the promo vid for the demo but couldn't get it to work.
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah just the one car and track unfortunately. i get the impression they are just allowing people to use one car and track on each tech build and seeing what feedback they get. i'm assuming next build it will be a different car and track that users have access to.
    the 7 euro is for netKar itself which gives you access to test the AC build. netKar has only a handful of tracks and cars, just like an iRacing basic package. i'm surprised at the depth of the handling though.
    i think netKar looks nicer than rf1, and definitely more easy on the eye than rf2. i've got a wierd black border on either side of the cockpit view though which i can't seem to adjust out.

edit: ok the black border issue is only on my laptop. it's fine on the desktop...oh and forgot to say, the AC component requires Windows 7 or higher.
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Tell you what this is starting to look really good, might make for some fun league races!
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I like the sound of this....

9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Even netkar could make for some good league racing too I reckon. Just had a quick play last night. Graphics are better than I expected for a game released in 2006... apart from the GUI of course. 8o

Also very cool how dash switches and buttons are interactive with the mouse :D

Netkar has a function to host from within the game. We should try that out sometime.
    It may or may not work great but we can only try - for instance GSC has the same feature but I've been told it doesn't work very well and you really need a dedicated server.
  10. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

it's a gooey GUI... :rolleyes:

i'm keen to get involved with this, even a one off now and then.
  11. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow indeed. Especially that interior shot. Will update the OP with some of those pics. :D

Get the tech preview if you haven't already. It's good fun. Menu's area bit funky, I have offset my pointer some distance to actually click on stuff.. there's a few little graphic glitches in distance textures but overall looking and feeling very nice.

There's so much awesome and officially licensed confirmed I can't wait for the release!
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Two things I'm loving about this sim:
    • Breaking deep and apexing late into hair pins really is the fastet way round (like it should be), no low speed spin.
    • Heel-toe is a useful skill once more!
    Looking forward to more!
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Assetto Corsa is shaping up to wipe out all the competition. Really can't wait for it's release!
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just a quick bash on this. First time I've pulled my sim rig out in months.
    It really is lovely to drive. Bet my previous PB after only a few laps, a testament to intuitive handling.
    Also noticed you can change the color of the car - by clicking the info button icon above it - where specs and torque curve is also shown.
    Was thinking we should share PB times, maybe do a wee leaderboard?
    Here's my PB - 1:25.401 - default tyre pressures. (have done faster S2 with higher rear pressure but more unstable in S1).
    AC PB lap 131012.png
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I have got this, but with my wheel hardware issues of late, I never really gave it more than a few laps. Now that everything is (mostly, cross fingers) working I will dig it out and have a run. I don't have a gear stick mount either atm, but I'm working on that.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beta is now available exclusively on Steam. USD$40 - 22% off full release price. (Final version price will be $50)
    Content will be updated every 2 weeks for those that purchase now.
    Add me on Steam - User ID same as here ;)
    List of content can be found on steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

haven't looked at this in a while, but definitely off to download it now.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haven't tried it all yet, but the X-bow and formula Arbarth are awesome and would make for some great league racing.
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

my sli'ed gts250's are too old to run it....even thought the tech demo worked fine...sad face...