Reiza Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Apr 1, 2020.

1. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Thanks mate. Great to hear your first impressions. I think I'll be waiting a while for this one.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I think it has good potential and in it's current state it is not a mess.. The difficulty is ACC with it's physics and tyre model has ruined everything.. :D

FFB: I'll try and do my best here as it is not always easy relaying how FFB feels in words.. For the most part the vehicle feels connected to the track surface. There is surface detail without being overdone and unrealistic. There are moments when you loose this sense of connection however it does feel much better and a lot more predictable than PC2. Some cars do feel better than others and I tend to gravitate towards the 90's/00's formula, prototypes and I like the F3.

Unlike many, I do not overly like the V8SC or the Ultima GTR in it's current form which is a shame because I would like to race these cars a lot. For me they highlight something I do not like with the current FFB. When you push the tyre over the limit there is a sudden and extreme drop off in FFB and when you correct this and unload the tyre it's very notchy and square feeling on the rebound. This transition needs smoothing out. I also find the feeling of front tyre loading through a turn can come on abruptly. A little more graduation would be ideal.

In general under heavy braking even though you are not locking, during the trail braking phase, when you start to feed in steering angle the FFB can go a little light and because of this you loose feel which makes it difficult to gauge were the grip is. There can also be a lack of feel in the low speed phase however a little LFB has helped in this area.. I did not mind 0 LFB however the transition from light to med/heavy forces once again was not gradual or smooth. On some of the faster counter steer inputs there can be a sense of minor disconnect with the road surface.

The kerbs are well detailed, you really can feel them a lot and for consideration could maybe be toned down..

On excessive slip angles or power oversteer it is difficult to gauge where the grip or traction is as there is missing detail. That said you don't need a lot of detail. Just very fine detail to let you know whats coming.

Tyre flex could do with a little more detail..

Content: It has some really nice tracks that we probably would never see in any other sim. Some tracks are modeled better than others as some need some more details however they are not too bad. The vehicles are very well modeled however some of the interiors could do with some more candy. The interior textures are good and the mirrors are very good with nice dirt build up.

GFX:
    In some scenarios the graphics look better than ACC however on a whole they are touch down. Not to say they could not be if they invest the time and energy into adding more candy. No tunnel shadows running or popping is great and the wet weather looks good too. Performance is really good as I can run high/ultra on all settings with high MSAA/MFAA and 1440p DSR with 30 Ai at 60 FPS v-sync. I can also get 60 FPS with 4K DSR in most scenarios however it struggles in wet weather and replays. Replays are nice looking with good PP effects however the UI controls need work.

Audio:
    Pretty good.

UI: PC2 flavor with a little less congestion.. A few little improvements needed here and there.. Loading into tracks takes roughly 10-15 seconds on a SSD. The vehicle electronics are a mess and have carried over crud from PC2. This is one area they need to focus on..

HUD:
    It has some elements and a good virtual mirror however this is one area that needs a lot of attention.

Ai:
    I haven't driven a lot against them to really see how smart they are and how they apply strategies.. You can race with them and they will overtake you if you slow down or make a mistake.. Race starts seem ok however during the race they seem to go single file.. It's ok though..

MP: Dunno, have not tried.. Lobby looks pretty neat..

Damage: I always felt PC1 had a better damage model compared to PC2. There is damage in AMS2 however visauly it is hit and miss if you rip a front wheel assembly off a formula car..

It's cheap to buy games on steam where I live so I think it was worth the $20..I am not familiar with their update frequency however some suggest they are bringing fairly regular updates..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Nice review mate, I’d have to agree with almost all of that so far - I forgot I had tried the LMP cars, they are also fun to drive and feel good so far.
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Nice mate. Very informative. I will probably get it especially if loads of rooz guy get it for some MP action.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

A new version of AMS2 dropped today. FFB is improved and the Super V8 feels much better... It's safe to say these boys know what they are doing..
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

... even for my DD2 adding 30% LFB (low force boost) helped smoothing out notches/spikes when pushing the tyre over the limit and transitions between low force and med/high force..

currently I am 50% gain, 30% LFB, 0% FX, 36% FF (driver)
  7. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

0.8.4 was released yesterday.. The FFB has been reworked and feels even better and more consistent. One thing the SM engine does well is post processing effects. Rainy conditions looks gorgeous and the live track 3.0 is a treat whereby you can have dry parts, wet parts and raining in a few corners of the lap. Really nice and this is something ACC lacks for realism.. Good old fasion MSAA and SS also looks great. None of that TAA blurriness to deal with.

The V8SC and Stock Car still have too much suspension oscillation for my liking however they are still fun to drive and I am sure they will keep tweaking things..

They keep bringing fortnightly updates so all is well in AMS2. :thumbsup:
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

That sounds great, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I haven't had a chance to check the last two updates (was finishing building a CNC router on the weekend, finally done!) but the progress is very encouraging!
    Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@SteveDrivingSlowly - CNC router very nice mate.. One could have a lot of fun with one of those.. :cool::thumbsup:
  10. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Anyone else given AMS2 a go since the V1.2 update? Some of the car physics are still a bit funny, but the game really has VR and weather transitions done really nicely. I haven't purchased any of the DLC, but you can now join online lobbies for tracks that you haven't purchased, which is a good way to try out some of the content.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    AMS2 is on sale at steam until November 2
  13. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I jump onto AMS2 most nights these days. I use the HP Reverb G2 VR headset and it's just fantastic. Initially there were some weird physics/handling things happening but it seems to be way better now.
    c4rLo5 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.