GT6 [Completed] Bathurst 350 6/10/17

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Adam Wyman, Sep 13, 2017.

1. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Keep weather on. Unpredictability is part of racing after all, especially at Bathurst.
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    If you choose to do weather, give it the chance to change 2 times, that way it is unlikley it will rain, making it unexpected
  3. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hi guys
    ive just fired up the ps3/gt6 & all seems to be in order. can i get a run with y'all tonight?
  4. Ben Hamilton

Ben Hamilton New Recruit

PSN ID
    ben-jordz
    deffs out tonight boys :( hope its a good event, might be able to watch at some point, depends when i knock off work, probz 10 :(
  5. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
    Be on around 7:45 aet. See everyone for quali. Should be a good night.
    bmx_mtb_boy and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I have made a practice lobby, feel free to join
  7. Adam Wyman

Adam Wyman Rookie

PSN ID
    adamwyman
  8. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I won't make it tonight, sorry guys
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Won’t be racing tonight, but do you mind if I come in and watch or play race engineer?
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Sorry guys, a finger hit ok, and I was on rm again, in my panic accidentally exited the race :rolleyes:
    10 secs up on bob and cruising too :cry:
    In advance, grcn and gw Bob :thumbsup:
    Thanks for putting it on Adam :thumbsup:
  11. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Thanks for putting it on @Adam Wyman, was great fun. But Bob didn't win, guitar held off adam for the win, i believe bob was disconnected
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

really enjoyed last night until i was dsc on lap 32
    thx Adam & congrats guitar!
    happy bathurst to all
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Finished work and jumped straight into qualy, so looked forward to a close race after missing pole by half a tenth.
    Couldn't quite nail the consistency on fresh tyres but was holding on ok until the 2-stop pit window when I came across a backmarker who'd just come out on fresh tyres and half spun it over the mountain, putting me into the wall. Second pitstop was also decided in a similar fashion at Forrest's Elbow where I thought I was being let through but got turned into the wall.
    Aside from those 2 incidents, no real major stuff ups and was comfortably maintaining the gap to 2nd on the RH tyres, so it was a fitting way to end the last endurance race in GT6 with a disconnection, though this time it was my ISP rather than PSN.
    Thanks @Adam Wyman for organising and everyone else for turning up and going to the end.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Awesome race. Was a good race until I was forced to stop the race and actually head out from home. Qualifying started well with a 2:04 on the wheel despite a couple of brake lockups early in the lap. Then the G27 suddenly broke, almost as if the encoder wheel broke. So raced with a controller. Just before I had to quit, I overtook Guitar through Mcphillamy thanks to being on younger tyres. Was also set to finish the race on 3 stops with only 6 laps on the RH tytres. After reading the post of the result, who knows where I would have finished. Also, my g27 seems to be working again too after plugging it into my PC and having a go on Project Cars. Looking forward to the Goodbye GT6 event now.
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Never done a dear diary on one of my races with ROOZ, but considering this was my last race on GT6 with Rooz, and it was a fun race until my mishap.

Did a crap qualy lap in the 1 lap shootout, which luckily was enough for pole. After a couple of laps got my consistency going, and put out a few 2.02's in a row before the tyres fried and the gap to Bob was around 4secs and the rest of the field were out of sight. I just maintained the gap to Bob until the first pitstop where Bob undercut me.
    Came out 3.6 secs ahead and then put down 4 low 2.02's in row, a few low 2.03s and the gap to Bob was 10secs after 26 laps. Both Bob and I were having our issues with backmarkers which bobbled the gap between us, but I just concentrated on maintaining the 10 sec gap till pitting for the second time on lap 38.
    Then I had my stuff-up in the pits and never got to finish. :cry:
    Thanks again Adam for organizing the event.
    Still had a GR8 night because I love Bathurst :inlove:. If GTSport's only track was Bathurst, I would probably still buy it :giggle::laugh::roflmao:

P.S. Thanks guys for all the great racing with ROOZ on GT6. :thumbsup:
    Probably cya's all on GTSport one day soon. (I have PS4 size gap on my T.V stand that needs to be filled asap)
    Adam Wyman likes this.
  16. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    I enjoyed this race, coming back after a 3 month break, and left tc on by accident lol. Shame to see so many dscs, bring on gtsport
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.