Network Connection Issues with PCars2

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by disturboed, Jun 5, 2018.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    So, I've just recently changed internet providers from Internode to a mob called Telecube.

I'm now having major dramas connecting to anybodies room. Sometimes it will connect ok for a short while, but I then get booted soon after. Other times it will kick while loading.

The stupid thing is, I can host seemingly fine. Done the last 3 weeks hosting with this new provider with not much drama.

I've even upgraded the modem/router from the ol' Technicolour TPG unit to a TP-Link VR900 and it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Stumped.
  2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    @autech91 Get in here with your technical knowledge.
    Disturbed can you confirm a few things;
    Wired or wireless connection?
    Anything else changed from your connection since changing providers?
    I don't know the correct terms but can someone link or explain how to do a dedicated MAC filtering or connect the PS4 without the modem firewall to maybe get a better connection when joining someone's room.

Odd that you can host fine but struggle to connect to other rooms
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    normally run a wired connection, but have also tried through wifi with no difference in results.

nothing else changed when changed providers. i have since upgraded router but getting same issue.