Cross Platform Australian Dirt Rally 2.0 Club • GENERAL DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Sep 7, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Sometimes it can be a toss up between wets and slicks with mixed weather. Yes, the wets will be faster / safer on the wet stages, but you'll also lose loads of time on the dry stage
  2. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Wouldn't have thought you would need a handbrake for RWD on tarmac?
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Finally got on after a couple weeks of saying i'd do it but forgetting.
    Normally I use a FR car in Group B RWD but this time i went with the Porsche.
    I opted for the wets on the dry - wet opening stages, stage 1 i jumped the start and had a couple spins so i finished quite behind. Stage 2 went better and currently have the best time for the stage by 19 seconds I think (I expect that to change) despite a spin in the final sector.
    Minimal repairs in the service area which was good, softs on and onto the next 2 stages.
    Stage 3 I was 8 seconds down after 2 sectors and despite losing my concentration and flying off the road (11 second penalty) i was actually green. Made more time in sector 4 and was up on the best time. I think general slower pace and a few mistakes saw my advantage dwindle and despite being green in the final sector I finished 5 seconds behind and 42 seconds overall.
    Stage 4 was awesome with a lot of high speed areas and was going great in the first half (down on leader but at least clean) however a couple of spins + having a power deficit to the Lancias meant that I was slower and didn't make any moves up the leader board
    KoAStR, dj2ca, Anthonyb and 1 other person like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Put some times down in the M1 Procar (reeeeeeeeeee!). Couldn't catch you stage 1 @dj2ca but think perhaps a few mistakes put you behind in stage 2 and I managed to hold/extend that lead. I opted for softs stage 1 and 2. Stage 1 was longer at 7km so figured I'd lose less time on the 5km wet stage 2 on softs so long as I didn't spin, which I managed to do. Just some massive understeer to deal with given the big heavy FR car
    dj2ca, Anthonyb and Kieran_B33 like this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I ran softs on stage 1 and 2 hoping the soft would work better on stage 2 which I thinknit did. Didn't help that at the end of the 3rd split or start of the 4th I went straight on into a guard rail on a right hander and damaged radiator so was short shifting and took it easy to try not to hurt the engine as I didn't know how much damage I was carrying and wanted a good car after service. Ran mediums for the next 2 stages and that was good.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

@Kieran_B33 that was close over the 4 stages between us.
    I think if I am first to do the stages I will finish every time as I'm not over driving it as the splits are all green. But then I'm not pushing hard enough to make time up because you think you are doing really well because the splits are all greeno_O
    dj2ca likes this.
  7. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I only used it a couple of times, it probably wasn't needed but hell it's fun haha.
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Did you clutch in too? ;)
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    The day they make an affordable clutch and H pattern that feel realistic I'll start using a clutch lol
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just diggin', I don't have a shifter or handbrake either so use autoclutch and have my actual clutch pedal mapped to handbrake. :confused:
    dj2ca likes this.
  11. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    When finances permit, get a shifter and handbrake. I didn't go super fancy, just Fanatec but they are really good. I can't tell you how bloody great it feels to pull through the gears in sequential mode. Before getting them I mapped my clutch as the handbrake as well, it's the only real choice because trying to hit a tiny button while yanking the wheel doesn't often turn out the way you want it to haha. Even though my handbrake did just break I still love it. It was only a small part and I was able to get a temp fix going pretty easily. At least until I get my 3D printer set up so I can make a sturdier version.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I decided to have another go at this. Noticed it was a tarmac rally and had a try on the wheel in practice first and while I wasn't fast it was enjoyable.

Started the rooz version, hit the first pole which i hadn't even seen in my practice run and majorly damage the car. Retire.

looks like I won't be playing this for awhile again lol
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Oh dear! :eek: :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Love that car eh. Need to get onto this.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I use it a bit too, mostly just the odd hairpin. Clutch in for sure.

That was fun, apart from that one time I cartwheeled over a bridge rail on stage 3. Hung the back out and too far tagged the brickwork on the way in :roflmao: Went the Manta just to be different. In Dirt1 it was much more competitive, but I'm still attached to it. It's just so balanced and sounds awesome. Really enjoy it at Monte Carlo (snow/ice) so ported that tune to Spain and it worked pretty well. Especially enjoyed the wet stage.
    Anthonyb, UrsineSaturn9 and dj2ca like this.
  16. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I've been waiting for you to do your run to see where I fell in the standings haha. I'm happy with P3 and very happy to get the stage win on the first stage. I have a mate who said he was going to join up and do this, I'll give him a kick in the pants.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Anthonyb, KoAStR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Well done. What tyres did you run for the first stage? I took the wets.
    I'll have to consider your pace next time when when choosing vehicles :)
    dj2ca and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'm pretty sure I went with mediums in the first stage. They were a nightmare on the second stage though.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Man, I took softs stage 1 and you still beat me by 5 seconds on wets! o_O I'll take stage 3 though! :D
    dj2ca and KoAStR like this.
  20. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Hey @KoAStR just a heads up, the links in the OP the should take you to the championship standings, recent results etc don't seem to be working and just direct you to the Dirt rally 2 homepage