Wreckfest [Completed] Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, May 27, 2021.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I planned on doing some GT Sport tonight (first in a while). I know there was compatibility issues between ps4 and ps5 - so if that's the case, we could always have a ps4 room, and a ps5 room - depending on numbers.
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I tried some Googling and maybe the compatibility issues have either been patched already or will be soon. Let's hope so! I don't think I would be too keen for a PS4 online room.

Definitely someone should do a test with Hatfield tonight (ie. sadly not me because I don't want to re-download the game unless there's a confirmed league). If no one puts their hand up I can delete Warzone and help out in a week maybe.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm not sure I would be running this as a league though, more a good game for fun nights.
    We could organise points tables but I wouldn't want to take it too seriously in a smash up game
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Agreed with it not being a league... I can imagine some tempers would flare up if people keep getting targeted. Also hard to police ensuring everyone has the same car/set up, as you only have the performance points to really see, and they can be jiggered with various armour and performance upgrades. Would largely be put on the honour system.

I'd be keen to see a variety within the night, say going from a crash and bash track race to some demolition derby, to a last man standing :) I think you can limit it to various classes, so that could be one way to ensure people are roughly on the same track.
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    It's been so long since I've played; does Wreckfest have wheel support?

I'd like to see a points table just for fun - no protests because it's a car wrecking game. Maybe I'm naive thinking people won't get annoyed being targeted, lol. Such a fun game but haven't played it in so long.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I have used my wheel on the game (G29) and it works ok. You just have to tweak it a bit to make it work nicely. When doing the destruction derbies, I wouldn't think using a wheel would be good, as you have to go from left to right very quickly, and I it doesn't make it easy going.

I think people would only be annoyed if it was a 'serious' race, and then they're doing their best and constantly pushed out, destroyed etc... Points table would be fun for sure - as it gives everyone a target to ensure they get smashed for next round ;)

I enjoy the game, I find it a lot of fun, especially if you have others on the party with you. I never got angry or anything when I got smoked because it's the name of the game. I think if you're playing this, and getting sh!tty about being hit, you shouldn't be playing this game lol
    Hatfield, Kieran_B33 and Easyprey007 like this.
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I should be around tonight to have a go
  9. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Yesss im there drunk and sober or straight as a whistle either ither ready to go LOL.... let's have some fun hahaha
  10. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Haha your good mate this is a fun game what happened to you on Tuesday night ‍♂️
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you to @boneslightning , @garyw61 & @disturboed for helping to test tonight.

Sorry @boneslightning that PS4 is not compatible with the PS5 version.

If everyone could put down which version they have I will update the OP (also note if you have both)
    garyw61 likes this.
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    PS5
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  14. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks @Hatfield . Yes, it was great fun until someone's dog pissed on the bed...
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Hatfield likes this.
  15. Anders

Anders New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    anders_race
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    LOL that's right
    @disturboed you better sort out YOUR dog or else!
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  18. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah count me in on PS4
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    ps5
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  20. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I am on PS4, but I re-iterate what I said in my most recent two posts that people on the Wreckfest subreddit say that the developers Bugbear Entertainment told PlayStation owners that the PS4 and PS5 versions would be cross-gen compatible in a patch on 1 June 2021. Obviously that date came and went, but posts on the subreddit from 11 days ago say that the developers are still working on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wreckfest/comments/nptn8e/new_tournament_season_12_new_track_and/

Xbox One and Series X owners already have cross-gen matchmaking so it makes sense that PlayStation will be receiving it soon but they've run into some delays and difficulties implementing it.
    incey likes this.