IRACING Daytona 2.4

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JamieFookes88, Jan 25, 2013.

1. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Hey guys, just thought I'd start a topic on the Daytona 2.4 hr event which will take place this weekend.

Well, I believe I cannot post a 1:47.xx lap, I have been pushing the car as much as I can possibly go, but can only manage to do 1:49's consectutively, with only one high 1:48 lap.
    I am just not good enough to do a 1:47 lap of Daytona Road.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I got a 147.57 in Qual at the moment but could drag that down if i put some time in, but will work with you on a couple of corners to get you down to the 147's Jamie. Turn 1 can gain you .6 if you master it and the corner leading to the banked track is another, also the bus stop can get you a bit. Be on tonight to do some practice, we'll see how ya go, i got near a second gain last night in the Pontiac thanks to some tuition i could easily implement on turn 1 (thanks Beau). So fairly confident we will get you confident on a few of the corners so you can get through the 2.4 hours at least.
  3. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey,
    Done a couple of laps around Daytona this morning.
    Here is an onboard lap of a 1:44.6, Its not a real fast lap, but it should give the guys struggling a bit of an idea on which lines to take etc.
    The setup I am using can be found in TeamSpeak

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=AxRqdWAW0iE&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks heaps, these vid help so much in getting the right line, just got to get your breaking points and speed right to achieve it.
  5. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Got a 1:47.556 just then. Might crack into the 1:46's soon
    I have no idea how I did it.