Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 9: Group B RWD Madness

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 12, 2021.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    Cross Platform RaceOnOZ Dirt Rally 2.0 Club

Championship 9: Group B RWD Madness

Championship Settings:

♦ Starts: 12/06/2021
    Ends: 07/08/2021
    Events: 4
    ♦ Hardcore damage OFF
    ♦ Unexpected moments ON
    ♦ Force cockpit camera OFF
    ♦ Allow assists ON
    ♦ Event Points structure: auto-generated by codies club page

Event Settings:
    Vehicle Class: Group B (RWD)
    ♦ Stages: 9
    ♦ Duration: 14 days

Location by Event#:
    1. Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
    2. Jämsä, Finland (DLC)
    3. Monte Carlo, Monaco (DLC)
    4. Argolis, Greece (DLC)
    Stage Settings:
    service areas length / frequency: Typically medium, every 2nd or 3rd stage
    ♦ lengths: auto/random
    ♦ time of day / conditions: fair. typically day time and dry, occasional sunset/dusk/cloudy
    ♦ surface degradation: auto/random

Hope you enjoy! ;)
    FULL ACTIVE EVENT & PROGRESSION DETAILS CLICK HERE
    LATEST COMPLETED EVENT RESULTS ANALYSIS CLICK HERE
    ALL EVENT RESULTS ANALYSIS ALBUM CLICK HERE
    CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS CLICK HERE (will post upon completion table to LADDER PAGE)
    General Club Discussion HERE

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  2. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    I didn't end up driving Group B (RWD) when I was active on this game, not as brutal as I thought they'd be, but pretty unpredictable!
    The first 6 stages...
    Stage 1: I ended up on the wrong side of a fence and had to drive along it for a while to find a spot to bust back through. Extricating myself from the field of now dead sheep, I emerged 30.283 behind KoAStR's blistering time.
    Stage 2: A few scary moments clipping the edge and flailing wildly. 1.573 behind for the stage.
    Stage 3: One of my better stages. 0.496 behind for the stage
    Stage 4: Unsure how I didn't die or lose too much time; ridiculously fast accident. 7.835 behind for the stage.
    Stage 5: Another close one. 0.051 behind for the stage.
    Stage 6: Slow spin of doom after putting a front wheel on the raised inside of a tight hairpin. 13.041 behind for the stage.

Unsure whether to use medium compound tyres for the last 3 stages with no service interval; not that those tenths probably matter that much when you drive through a fence every few stages...
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I found the 3 S approach worked for me:
    Slow Steady Scared

I lost 1 and half on the 1 stage to @KoAStR and then about another half every other stage with the last 3 to go.

I should specify my measurement of time here is minutes
    Anthonyb, KoAStR and Mike--ekiM like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so I finished, but to be honest I am just making up the numbers in this one. I'm not getting any enjoyment out of the RWD classes in this game because that's just the type of driver I am.
    I might sit out the rest until the next FWD or 4WD season. Good luck those with the skills to drive these things
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Aw c'mon Hat you can't bail on the hellishness of Finland after you requested it! And maybe you'll be more at home in a more open stages without so many tight hairpins and the like
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok yes that wouldn't be fair to miss Finland when I asked for it. I guess I was hoping to see more times on the board I could compete with as even @UrsineSaturn9 was way ahead of me and we are generally close.

I more enjoyed the hairpins than the fast sections as a minor error in a fast section ends up with me through a fence or into a tree lol
    UrsineSaturn9 and KoAStR like this.
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I see you used the Porsche Hat, did you try the FR layout cars? Probably a bit easier to handle the rear
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I forget, can we change cars for the next location? if so I might give one a go
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Yes
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I had a shocker. 1 good stage /9. Struggled with low speed areas as opposed high speed
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The Opel Manta is the most predictable of the bunch, and much easier to drive.
    It's very fun, and more competitive than the performance stats suggest.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I would have thought the weight over the back would help with traction out of the corners?
    I'm only two stages in in the Porsche, but will get back to it next week. 1 minute behind @KoAStR after 1 stage seems about normal! :alien:
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. Nathan Kane

Nathan Kane New Recruit

Wow. Havent played this for AGES!!! Seems like I should of stayed on the couch. I can not drive these cars to save myself haha
    Jonny2good likes this.
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Come on Nato,, excuses, ;) I haven’t played it for months either and managed all right, well still 4minutes off koaster :eek:
    Jonny2good likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It does, which makes this car very competitive at Argentina for instance, but on the way into high speed corners the weight is prone to getting into a swing like a pendulum (lift off oversteer). This little Gr.B Porsche is no too bad for it as I recall, I think because it's relatively light, the but the GT one can become a real handful.

Either way the Opel Manta is probably the most enjoyable to drive and easiest to hold onto. Sounds great too. It was my favorite in DR1, but I think it had a few more ponies or something in that version.
    The BMW always puts a grin on my face too, just the angry noise it makes is fun! And very fast on more open stages.
    I struggled at first with the Lancia Evo, I find like many MRs it's limit is kind of a mystery. By the time I realise I've pushed to far it's already a catastrophe. It's like it's stable until it isn't, then it's very unstable! But if you keep it tamed it's fast.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, I made it with the Porsche without too many spins! Actually tended to understeer a bit if you didn't get it rotated. Might give the Lancia a go next to keep things interesting
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Been a while since breaking the wrist and my times are terrible. 3 stages to go hope to find some improvement
    KoAStR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  18. Slambobagan

Hey guys can someone add Ducatijonny or Jonnymcrae
    Before the this round ends. He is a rooz member
    Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey thanks Slambob I had been wondering about that, did a shout out a while ago in the general chat.
    Jonnymcrae is good to go!
    What about NicMcCallum, ring any bells?
  20. Slambobagan

Cheers mate I work with Jonny, bloody quick too, now he’s going to brag about beating me all the time, nah don’t know the other guy.
    Jonny2good and KoAStR like this.