Cockpit DIY Transducer/ Bass Shaker

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by ADZA_85, Feb 27, 2017.

1. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    ive been inspired by this

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/7...nstruction-final-revision-and-final-thoughts/

And given the lack of supply for a good kit thats in stock, and the comparisons of cost and performance for DIY, i thought why not.

Now, im mechanically minded and can take nearly anything apart and put it back together. My DIY race rig is superior to most top 5k rigs.
    Where i get stuck is when we start talking Watts, Amps, Ohms and so on..

So help me out here.
    I can get a 10inch sub and amp from JB HI FI or gumtree. And i a 240v- 12v converter on ebay.

But from what i understand, there are numbers that need to match up here to work.
    The converters ive seen are max 360W. So a 1000W amp would be pointless right?

This is for Console too. (Ps4pro)
    I use headphones so plan to plug amp into optical audio out of TV

Any help appreciated
  2. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Why not use a home theatre or PC sound sub/amp which is already 240V (probably down converts it internally), and likely has optical input as opposed to a 12V car sub/amp and having to stuff around with doing it yourself?
  3. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Home theatre amps start at $500 from what i can find. Otherwise i totally agree
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Why not buy my buttkicker gamer 2 pack as I never use it anymore.
    $200 and I'm in Canberra.