PlayStation Do you have a PS4 Pro and want better performing F1 2016, Pcars or AC? Look here

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by fezza, Feb 7, 2017.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Sony recently released FW 4.50 for Beta PS4 users. The new update adds a "Boost Mode" which unlocks the Pro's superior CPU and GPU for older games that were released before the Pro and not patched by the developer for Pro, e.g. F1 2016, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa etc.

It's been confirmed these older games achieve higher/stable frame rates with Boost Mode enabled on the Pro. I too have noticed better and more stable frame rates with F1 2016 and Project Cars with this FW on my Pro. The full list of features are listed here: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-4-50-beta-starts-today/

So I've set up a burner PSN account which can be used by others interested to download and update their PS4's with this new Beta FW, so PM me if interested.
    JonoStan96 and Crunch like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you play F1 2016? Why not join us on Wednesday or Thursday nights!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah Haas need some drivers on a Thursday!
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    If I had to guess, it'll be the games with unlocked frame rates which benefit from this - similar to how pCARS had a small boost on the Xbox One S.

Any games locked to 30 FPS and which already achieve that just fine would probably receive no benefit here. (i.e. DRIVECLUB)
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'd love to join the F1 2016 league but already doing it with a bunch of other non-rooz guys on Thurs nights
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  6. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Here's the analysis