CODEMASTERS ***Expressions of Interest for "F1 2013" Prize event***

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Clevohead, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I can't race on Friday though as it will conflict with econobox cup.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well I reckon we give it a miss, as only 6 interested parties isn't really enough to hold an event considering we will probably as most times have 1-2 no shows as well.
  3. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Dude, I would be SO interested!

I've been having so much trouble finding a new F1 2013 league since I quit my old one that clashed with ROOZ...

Would anyone here be interested in a weekly 100%, no assists league? =) I'd run it if I could.

EDIT: Also if I may add, I'm a huge fan of Codies. They're the best in the biz at consumable racing simulators. ROOZ has the best sponsors...
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Crunch were you on the prl no assists league? I know that was on a sunday.
    I know a league that races on thursday nights assist allowed, I stopped though cos it sorta went a bit meh.
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Appreciate the feedback Crunch, well seeing as you have put your hand up:

I would like to see you set up your proposed league, get guys signed on (at least 6), once you have that done, I will tee up the prizes from codies, and you can run it, how does that sound?

This can be your little baby ;)
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I used to do that ages ago back on 2011 and 2012. I actually moved to PC and had races with some guys at my university in a video game society. The racing wasn't red hot, but connections and dedication was what made it the best. We'd always run 100% no-assists.

That sounds AMAZING... but having organised F1 leagues before, I know that it won't be 'my baby'. There's an inverse correlation between how hard it is for people to race, and the amount of people that sign up. Any difficulty spike is unacceptable to the general public. I know this as fact - both in public lobbies and private leagues.

If there were any prizes AT ALL (which sounds like an absolute dream because frankly, how much ROOZ can just flaunt prizes is simply incredible and such an alien concept in my league experiences) means I would try to get them to work for it. The problem is: noone (exaggeration) is dedicated enough to commit to a full on- Formula 1 experience. What separates Formula1 from GT for me is the authenticity to tyre strategies, fuel strategies and the like. It's truly Formula1. I don't know whether any championship with enough people would be able to do it justice...

I know exactly what my dream championship would be like, but getting the drivers is a different story. Those who expressed interest in this thread already: would you be interested in a highly competitive, no-holding-back, Formula 1 championship experience? I reckon I could grab at least one other person from outside ROOZ, who is a good friend of mine for many months on F1. I might be able to grab more...
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    So judging by your thoughts, this would be a full race distance, full calendar type of deal?
    No assists, full penalties, the whole shebang?
    Crunch likes this.
  8. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Short Weekend - Short Qualifying
    100% Race Distance
    Safety Car On
    Car Assignment: Players Choice
    Dynamic Weather
    Full 2013 Season Tracks (19 weeks)
    'Realistic' Rules and Regulations
    Parc Ferme Rules On
    'Full' Car Damage & Full Collisions
    'Equal' Car Performance
    All Assists BANNED: No braking assist, no traction control, no driving line, no automatic gears, no pit assist, no anti-lock braking system.
    -

For a full 19 weeks, you need to transform yourself into a top-notch Formula1 driver for a duration of 2 hours.

EDIT: However, the penalty system is negotiable. Codemasters F1 is notorious for a bad, unfair system. A self-regulated system using 'Reduced' or 'Corner-cutting' settings are very good as well.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

It would heavily depend on the night for me as it ia a tricky time at the moment so yeah, otherwise id be interested. Add to the fact ive never done 100% races before, it's a fairly big commitment for a night with HSC so I cant say with confidence id be there every race either.

Edit: but id love an f1 league here, old one was a shambles (madcap knows what im talking about) with countless incessant bickering and arguing so it would be nice to so one here:)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Agreed. If it weren't for the HSC I'd be champing at the bit.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok, the prizes are a reality, Codies sent me from the UK, several T-shirts, key rings, caps, and a dozen DLC codes for Grid 2 when we first got them on board.

Ben Walke at Codies is a great bloke, is keen to support us, and he comes up with the goods when asked, but in return we need to run series, or even just an event on one of their titles to be eligible for prizes from them.

So I will leave this up to you weather you want to run something like I said it doesn't need to be a full series even just an organised event "on paper" so I can notify Ben for him to pass on to his superiors to justify why he is sending heaps of merchandise to Aus, ok?

Your call....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    ... DONE!! ... Can't believe you say that it's MY call!

All I was doing basically was giving a disclaimer for the number of participants. I'd be heavily enthusiastic to do it. If only I knew how to set the wheels in motion, I would be doing it right now. Settings just like I listed above. We need a forum to get people to sign up, select a weekly night and time, quick discussion on which penalty system to use, team choices for everyone, and we can begin a fortnight after the Australian Grand Prix. Advertisement on main ROOZ news page perhaps because of prizes, threads on some Aussie gaming websites and I'll track down all my old F1 2012 peers. Different prizes for WDC and WCC??
    Clevohead and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's fair to say you're really excited for this lol
  14. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ok mate, glad you are on board, you just need to start a thread here in the codemasters section titled what ever you are going to call this series/event, list your rules, specs, points structure, calendar, and run some polls if you want some feedback etc... Once I see some activity there I will email Ben the link, and get the prizes under way, as soon as I know what he has committed to give us I will forward the details to you in a pm, and let you make the announcement.

I will keep Ad2mny in the loop, and you can submit some news articles to him for announcements etc...

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with and organise.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Is this still happening? ;)
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Sounds lit
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver